Username Post: I am looking for a electric distresser        (Topic#1585691)
scrappiepammie
Guru
scrappiepammie

I think the distresser is made by Zutter ....Does anyone know where I can find one. The store here discontinued them.

scrapperbee
Angel
scrapperbee
In response to scrappiepammie

is one of these what you're looking for?

scrappiepammie
Guru
scrappiepammie
In response to scrapperbee

Yes, that is what I am looking for.

950nancy
Diva
950nancy

Pam, if it makes you feel at all better, it makes a big mess when I use it.

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to 950nancy

Check HL. they usually have them on line

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to Sneezy1956

I've been curious about this thing- but have passed on it, even when I've seen it at an outlet for not much $$ at all-

but then I regret not picking it up...

I have a few different disress tools- I think my favorite 'manual' one is the Ingvild Bolme- but I usually tend to just use the side of my Exacto-

Lately, I've been remembering this manicure kit that a coworker used to have- she was obsessed with fingernails, and when the two of us used to have to work Sundays at the travel agency (with NOTHING going on) she would bring this kit up and do my nails. Obviously, I didn't need a paint job, but she'd file them with this little machine - and lately, I've been thinking, I need one of these manicure machines with all the attachments and use THAT for my 'electric distresser.' Anybody have a lead on those? I'd think they'd be easier to control than the Zutter, which looked (to me, anyways) as a 'chew it up machine.' Instead of 'just distressing.' ?

-k

rebeccakeppel
Idol
rebeccakeppel
In response to designguyKORY

Imaginisce makes a hand held one that is more like the manicure machine

Diva
In response to rebeccakeppel

I am afraid of using an electric distresser. I may mess up the whole paper. Who knows? I may try it at one point, but not right now.

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to bayamonesa1

I love mine use it all the time....it's one of the first things I pack for a crop.

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to Sneezy1956

I wasn't very impressed when I saw this for the first time.

I asked our local scrapbook store owner about it. She said she wasn't going to carry it. Her view was that you could give the paper to your dog to chew on, and get the same results.

Kory - I think the designer of this tool did a video, where she said she started out with different manicure tools, and modified slightly.

Kels
Kels 
Marketing Goddess
Kels
  • Kels on 03-04-13 02:19 PM
In response to Bxr-Linda

I love mine!

http://store.scrapbook.com/pp-zu7617.html

I even made a fun video and used it during the filming so you can see/hear it in action:
http://www.scrapbook.com/videos/?m=view&v= 1981&...

Hope you enjoy!

New Kid On the Block
In response to Kels

I LOVE mine, too! I bought it on Amazon about a year ago. It's noisy, but not a big deal to me.

luv2scrap:)
Guru
luv2scrap:)
In response to Crafty Teacher

I really like mine also.

chocolateaxel
Diva
chocolateaxel
In response to luv2scrap:)

I've looked at those several times, but I just have to wonder how much someone is going to distress that they need an electric distresser, lol. Mind you, I do my fair share of distressing, and I have carpal tunnel, but I still can't justify buying this even in the bargain bin. Just saying

scrappiepammie
Guru
scrappiepammie
In response to chocolateaxel

Thank you for all of your comments....I have carpal tunnel plus arthritis in my hands and fingers.
Wendy Morris a designer from several lines of paper companies had one at a retreat a year ago. She used it on a mini album and I loved it. Thanks for everyones help.

New Kid On the Block

You can get one on Amazon. I love mine!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics