Username Post: PSA - Back up your pics!        (Topic#1585695)
Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 03-03-13 11:54 AM

Hi everyone! I was just realizing that it's been a while since I've done a full backup of all my pics and dropped it off at the safe deposit box. Now seems like a good time ... it's the beginning of the month... the big holidays are over and summer isn't quite here yet. Time for backups!!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Vae

Thanks for the reminder. I will have BIll get my external drive out of the safe this afternoon.

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G
In response to Henri Jean

I have an external hard drive and haven't used it in years! thanks for the reminder

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to Just G

Thanks for the reminder. I haven't done mine in over a year. Off to do it now!

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to Vae

great idea...I do not have any to save as I already did it. yet I did get scared when I saw this post. I am glad you did not have any problems yourself.

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 03-03-13 06:39 PM
In response to anda11

Did a backup of both my and DH's computers yesterday, great minds think alike!

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 03-04-13 11:35 AM
In response to stick

Haha and of course even though I said I was going to do it, I still haven't. I WILL do this today though.

Some of you may remember the very expensive lesson I learned around this time last year. I lost my harddrive with my wedding and honeymoon pictures and we ended up paying quite a lot of money to get them back- and it was a very close call. Don't be like me!

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to Vae

I guess I need to get scanning!
I have a lot of old pics and my wedding pics etc. that are NOT in the computer....
If they ever get destroyed,
that's it, no more

As far as backup....ours is set to backup automatically (in 2 places) but I do not have a HD that I keep out of our house.....

Alison

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics