Username Post: Page Protectors - American Crafts - 12x12        (Topic#1585697)
New Kid On the Block

Hello!

I recently ordered an American Crafts Modern Album (12x12), which came with 10 page protectors (12x12) included.

Although the page protectors were described as "top loading," both the top AND right side edges are open. The right side edge is perforated (as if it is meant to be closed), but opens up with the slightest bit of pressure (i.e. when you lightly slide your layout in from the top).

Are the page protectors supposed to be like this? If so, how do you prevent your layouts from falling out???

Is there a way to secure the right side edge of the page protector, in order to keep the layout safely inside?

If this is just a product defect, do you think American Crafts would send me replacements / give me a refund?

Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks,
Shira

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 03-03-13 04:26 PM
In response to shiragoldberg

Sounds like a defect, I would definitely contact them.

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to stick

I agree. The pages are not supposed to open at the sides AND the top. I would get back to them and explain. Good luck, and come back and let us know how you get on?

dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch
In response to RedSquirrel

I only buy American Crafts page protectors, and I've never come across that. I'm sure it must be a defect. Definitely return them for an exchange!

Bev1
Bev1 
Guru
Bev1
  • Bev1 on 03-05-13 06:03 PM
In response to shiragoldberg

American Crafts is a reputable ompany.I'm sure they will exchange or refund your money.I've been using them for some time and haven't had a problem.Let us know how it turn out and good luck.

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to Bev1

Not to sound stupid, but are you sure you don't have 2 page protectors stuck together?

As others have said, no, they are NOT supposed to be open on 2 sides.

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to Bxr-Linda

Good thinking Linda, I never thought of that - all my albums come with paper in the page protector, so you'd be able to tell if that was happening. Are the AC ones empty?

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to RedSquirrel

The video here (linked with the item in the Superstore), shows these page protectors come empty.

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit
In response to Bxr-Linda

Yep, they come empty. I use them all the time - and, no, that shouldn't happen. Must be a defect!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics