Username Post: Using printer on journaling sheets or tags        (Topic#1585777)
veronicaskisses
Resident
veronicaskisses

Hi everyone, I am new at scrap booking and I really want to add journaling to my page. I have pretty bad handwriting so I want to use my printer. Does anyone have a trick to be able to print on tags or journaling tags?

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to SJB1120

Print your journaling on reg printer paper first. Then lay your tag/journaling spot over the printed text to make sure it fits.
If it doesn't, make adjustments.
If it does then just tape your tag/journaling spot over the already printed text and then re-print your journaling the way you did before.
Of course this time it will print onto your tag/journaling spot instead of the paper.

Just make sure you firmly secure your tag/journaling spot so it doesn't get stuck in your printer as it goes through!!

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to Doreena

I've done it the way that Doreena said. Rather than tape, I've also used repositionable adhesive. Make sure the edges of your tag that will go into the printer are firmly pressed/held down so they don't jam. And don't use cardstock; use regular printing paper to put through with the tag over it. That way, it's not too thick and won't jam up your printer.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to siameseplease

Yeah, the method Doreena describes is exactly how I did it the other night when I wanted to print onto a die cut but didn't trust myself to do the die-cutting after the text was printed.

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 03-05-13 09:23 AM
In response to aquabunny

I third Doreena! If you use tape and can't find prepositional tape. Use regular tape but but stick it to your jeans or shirt first (I know it sounds weird) but this will make the tape not stick to you tag/journaling square.

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to KimKV

I've used all the methods above.

What works even better is to print on a larger piece of cardstock or paper, THEN cut out your tag or journal square.

You can also print on vellum or transparency and attach to pre-made tags.

SJB1120
Expert
SJB1120
In response to Bxr-Linda

I had tried to say what Doreena said, but she said it much better so I took my post away so it's less confusing.

-Stephanie

kandib
kandib 
New Kid On the Block
kandib
In response to SJB1120

I do mostly digital layouts and an easy way to do the tag is to use an e-cutout, copy it into Microsoft Publisher/Word etc., then add a text box and type your journaling using whatever font you prefer (I have hundreds I've downloaded for free). Print and then cut out the image and place on your page. No need to worry about lining up or fitting your text--just resize tag & text box as needed.

animemama
Veteran
animemama
In response to kandib

I use Doreena's method too. To help position the piece you're going to print on on the regular paper, use a ruler and draw pencil lines along the top, bottom, and sides of the text you've printed. Make the lines long enough so when you put the tag over the text, the lines extend past so you can use the lines to make sure you've got the tag positioned correctly.

SherylEb
Guru
SherylEb
In response to siameseplease

• siameseplease Said:
I've done it the way that Doreena said. Rather than tape, I've also used repositionable adhesive. Make sure the edges of your tag that will go into the printer are firmly pressed/held down so they don't jam. And don't use cardstock; use regular printing paper to put through with the tag over it. That way, it's not too thick and won't jam up your printer.

That's what I do. I put a line of repositionable down the back, then run through printer. I've never had a problem with mine coming off or jamming the printer. I also use regular typing paper to stick the die cut on to.

New Kid On the Block
In response to SherylEb

I am a noobie to this forum so I hope you don't mind if I chime in. I use the printer methods described above as well but I like to use a larger piece of cardstock, as mentioned above, but then I run it through my Cuttlebug or use my Nestabilities for a nice shaped journal tag, or scalloped form, just adds a little something extra.

AliceScrapsWonderland
Resident
AliceScrapsWonderland
In response to blm6449

I also use the method Doreena spelled out. I usually take some rough measurements of my tag or journaling card to help me get my text adjusted correctly before my first print so I don't have to adjust my text a zillion times. Doing it this way, I've only had a few instances of making fine adjustments to my text before printing to my tag or journaling card--saves on ink too!

Edited by AliceScrapsWonderland on 04-17-13 09:03 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics