Username Post: Smooch Spritz - not spraying        (Topic#1585809)
Tarynne Wise
Diva
Tarynne Wise

Hi there! The boyfriend got me 8 Smooch Spritz as part of my Christmas presents and one stopped spritzing if you will. I used it about a month ago and it worked fine. I tried to use it tonight and it won't spray.

I know with Tattered Angels, you can soak the nozzle in warm water or use a can of air to clean it out, but neither seems to be working.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Ms. Fit
Veteran
Ms. Fit
In response to Tarynne Wise

Hi, Tarryne! I'm surprised nobody has answered your post. About 18 mos ago I bought 6 Smooch spritzes and also was not happy with the clogging problem. Two were clogged and unusable from the day I brought them home -- very disappointing. Until I read your post they have all sat unused since that initial effort. I kept watching for an answer and finally did a Google search, which turned up two possibilities. The first was to soak the spray head in Windex for about 20 minutes. I didn't have Windex but did have Glass Plus, which I figured was not much different. This accomplished nothing so I moved on to the second suggestion, which was to transfer the Smooch Spritz into a Mini Mister and use it instead. The Mini Mister works -- even worked the next day after I let it sit for more than 24 hours. The tube that takes up the ink is larger so I suppose the orifice in the spray head is also larger and thus avoids the clogging. You may have to hold the sprayer a little further away from your paper though as the spray is a little heavier than the Smooch. Also be aware that the Mini Mister is smaller than the Smooch spray bottle so you can't pour the entire contents in at one time. I can't imagine that Clearsnap is unaware of this problem and it annoys me that they continue to put this product out in a faulty spray bottle when obviously Ranger is able to make a bottle that works. I can't see why I should pay for the Smooch and then have to buy another spray bottle for it in order to use it, so even though there is a solution, I won't be buying any more. I hope this helps you with your problem.

Tarynne Wise
Diva
Tarynne Wise
In response to Ms. Fit

Hi there! I actually emailed the company and asked what I should do! They said to soak just the sprayer in Formula 409 for a couple hours and it should work and if it doesn't, they'll send replacements.

It's because of the shimmer. I have the same problem with Tattered Angels Glimmer Mists. It's because the shimmer is bigger particles and they get stuck.

Try some Formula 409 and let me know!!

Ms. Fit
Veteran
Ms. Fit
In response to Tarynne Wise

Yeah, I have the same problem with Glimmer Mist also. However, I don't have to buy an additional product to clean and/or use it. Water is pretty cheap. I've also reduced the problem considerably with Glimmer Mist since I learned not to shake it up and down but rather side to side. 409 is another product I don't use/buy. To soak those Smooch spray heads, even in a very small jar, it takes about 3 oz of fluid. Then you have to dump it down the sink and then clean the sink. I'd rather just not buy any more Smooch Spritz and skip the whole problem.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics