Username Post: TH Distress Paints        (Topic#1585827)
JazzieLynne
Veteran
JazzieLynne

Just wondering if anyone has run into trouble with distress paints - I have started to get into art journaling and mixed media, and think they look fantastic {especially the convenient dabber top} Any feedback on them is greatly appreciated!
-Jasmine

RedSquirrel
Idol
RedSquirrel
In response to JazzieLynne

(I don't know 'cos I haven't got any, but have you seen they're selling for 15% off today? )

Expert
In response to RedSquirrel

I tried hard not to buy these telling myself I don't need any more paint. Paint is paint I told myself. ANd then I bought 3 of them and tried them.............
Well they are awesome!!!! They dry super fast and blend very easily with just your finger. Since then I have bought a couple more and now would like to get all of them!

CrimsonMama
Diva
CrimsonMama

I have three and I Love them. I am thinking of getting more but I have a ton of the distress ink daubers and perfect pearl & dylusions mists and it's been quite an investment. I see that discount tho'......could be dangerous!

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to CrimsonMama

Just google Tim Holtz and watch him use them....I'm getting several of the colours now that the sale is on!
I actually had them in my cart ready to go before I knew about the sale....I'm glad I waited, now!

Alison

JazzieLynne
Veteran
JazzieLynne
In response to scrappy_day

Oh, I know, I saw that they were on sale here...but shipping is far too expensive to Canada {I would pay as much, if not more than what the paints would cost} - Anyway, ScrappyDay and CrimsonMama - thanks I will look for a couple and buy them at Scrapfest. Alison, I have watched TH Video - but I just wanted to know if they were any different than normal paint {Tim doesn't tell me that } Thanks so much to you all! jl

RedSquirrel
Idol
RedSquirrel

I didn't know you were in Canada. I'm in the UK so I don't order from here either, for the same reason. I do try to promote wherever possible - gotta give something back to this fantastic site if I can't order from it!

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to RedSquirrel

Hey Jazz,
I'm in Canada too....I just order a bunch of stuff all at once...(once you've reached a certain level, the shipping doesn't seem to increase even though you add more stuff to your order)
The video that I saw with Tim using the paints was from CHA (might have been a paperclipping video) and he did talk about how the paints were different.....more fluid and easily blendable....I'm not sure which video you watched....

Alison

JazzieLynne
Veteran
JazzieLynne
In response to kiyawinn

lol - yes, in Canada. Thanks for the tip - Alison, I had put things in my cart a couple of times...and every time shipping was just too much. Maybe I'll have to save up for a big haul - lol I had watched a video on the ranger site - they did say that they were more fluid {but I add water to my acrylics already - which helps}. I will get a couple at Scrapfest and try them out... Thanks again, so much, ladies! I appreciate the help!

nadiasmom
Resident
nadiasmom

I hear you on shipping to Canada--very annoying. So many Canadian online stores have shut down. I finally broke down and ordered a few things from the states.....shipping was $23, grrrrrrr.

JazzieLynne
Veteran
JazzieLynne
In response to nadiasmom

It is sad - how many stores have closed in the last little while - it is also frustrating how hard it can be to get NEW supplies in Canada... If you're on Facebook, you should look up The Scrap Yard - pretty great supplies - at a pretty great price...and shipping is not too bad {just seems to depend on the seller} That is where I have been doing a majority of my scrappy shopping.

nadiasmom
Resident
nadiasmom

hmmmmm, I will check it out thanks!!!!

Diva
In response to nadiasmom

Nice to hear good comments about the product. I will have to check on them! Love to play with paint!

andrea m
Diva
andrea m
In response to bayamonesa1

I cant wait to get some.

MoonLitSmile
Veteran
MoonLitSmile
In response to andrea m

I will now be making the trip to Joann's tomorrow to look for these distress paints

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics