Username Post: SMASH books        (Topic#1585851)
Mama2Thomas
Pro
Mama2Thomas

Hi, I apologize if this has been asked before...

What is a SMASH book? Is it just a different type of scrapbook? I saw a bunch of new stuff from K & Company ... looks very cool. But what do you do with them?

cescrapper
Expert
cescrapper
In response to Mama2Thomas

yes, it could be a mini portable scrapbook. You can do whatever you want with it.

I got the crazy idea to give myself a smash challenge. Fill a page a day until it's full.

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to cescrapper

Book video

nadiasmom
Resident
nadiasmom
In response to Bxr-Linda

I made a smash book--I wish they were bigger. At least 8 1/2 X 11 or something. You cant really put more than 2 cropped photos per page which is tough. I did a smash book for a trip and regretted it because I had way too may photos and not enough smash pages......

Im not that interested in doing another one to be honest!!! It was fun, but I need more rooooooooooom.....

Diva
In response to nadiasmom

I will agree with you ...more pages, maybe bigger in size.

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook
In response to bayamonesa1

I love them... Lots of pages I don't use any pictures.. I will make a page using movie ticket stubs and journal about the movie. Another page is all about my favorite Author... You just glue things on the pages that make you smile, you don't have to plan a sketch or anything... I have 3 smash books and I want more....

Besneys
Guru
Besneys
In response to debby_westbrook

I've got the black smash book and in it I write mostly. I 've made it like a diary of my holidays, notes on the hotels we've stayed in and whether I'd like to go again. Little notes to me about me for me. My scrapbook is for anyone to look through, my smash book is for me. x

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to Besneys

The pages are already patterned paper for the most part. You can purchase envelopes, calendars and stickers etc. to add to the pages which makes it really easy to stick stuff in the book...

I used one to document our trip to New Zealand last year. I journalled in it all along the way so that I wouldn't forget anything when we got home. I also stuck brochures and a few photos in it....
It is a really good memory of our trip and I can use all the notes in it to make my 12x12 album of the trip.
You could also use them for a pregnancy journal, babies first year, a personal journal, book of me etc.....

Alison

olleharr
Mayor
olleharr
In response to kiyawinn

I was just looking at these tonight. They're cute! I personally don't know if I'd do one but I know some tweens who are just getting into scrapbooking and I bet they would have a blast with them.

Veteran
In response to olleharr

MICHEALS HAS THEIR OWN VERSION OF SMASH BOOKS OUT AND THEY ARE REALLY CUTE.THEY HAVE LOTS OF LITTLE THINGS YOU CAN ADD TO THEM ALSO.THE PRICE IS THE SAME AS THE OTHERS.

Edited by SHARON ELISE on 03-10-13 06:41 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics