Username Post: OCD?        (Topic#1585871)
bonprof
Diva
bonprof

I have been buying a lot of stuff for scrapbooking lately. It has become a compulsion. Anyone relate?

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to bonprof

Can you see me - I'm waving my hand. And I love to organize it!

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to Henri Jean

Paper is my compulsion. The more I buy, the more I want to buy.

lcalderone
Tenant
lcalderone
In response to RedSquirrel

Affected and love it all.

Tenant
In response to lcalderone

I have been horrible.... I have to drive 45 miles to even buy stuff so once a week WHEW !!!

cindy71
Resident
cindy71
In response to Homemaid

I'm with Homemaid. I have to drive about 35 miles to hit a Hobby Lobby. Clear to Kansas City (about a 3 hours drive) for an Archivers. BUT, I do it often.

I love the paper and the embellishments and the inks and paints and....well, you know. I'm like a squirrel, stashing everything away. And like Henri Jean, I spend a lot of time organizing it...it's part of the obsession!

bonprof
Diva
bonprof

Paper is my obsession too. I now need a new way of organizing my paper. I live in an apt and have a very small space. Any ideas?Right now, I am using file folders (cm).

Hdubarry
Tenant
Hdubarry
In response to bonprof

Love bringing new stuff into the stash. I've been trying very hard to use what I've got, but all the new stuff keeps calling me!

Diva
In response to Hdubarry

I am in the same boat. So many good deals at JoAnns and Michaels! I need to stop!!!!!!!!

cindy312
Diva
cindy312
In response to bayamonesa1

Nah... nobody like that around here.

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Mayor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 03-11-13 11:32 AM
In response to cindy312

Who needs chain stores when you have lss and sb.com? We have a brand spanking new HL here and I couldn't find a thing I wanted.

Lss? I have hit 3 of the 4 within my circle of about 50 miles and ordered from here in the past month.

It's not about 'need', it's about I HAVE TO HAVE IT RIGHT NOW!!!

The amazing thing for me is I have actually used some of my new stuff right away and some of it with very old stuff from my stash.

bonprof
Diva
bonprof
In response to cindy312

Thanks for the responses everyone!! Out here in CA we have Wootens: the Disneyland of scrapbooking. And shopping on-line doesn't help either. Have a great week everyone.

meezerpleaser
Idol
meezerpleaser
In response to bonprof

I don't just need a 12 step program, I need a 12x12 step program!

And, BTW, I'm an organizing maniac!

bonprof
Diva
bonprof
In response to meezerpleaser

Yes, several of my cropping buddies say we are going to start "Scrapbook Anon". So funny!! But true. I have only 3 days until i go on my cropping retreat. Can't wait!!

jaxxan
jaxxan 
Mayor
jaxxan
In response to bonprof

I know I have been on a buying craze too. Part of it is because all the new CHA product has been arriving in stores. I buy a lot at this time and then again in August after Summer CHA.

I think organizing and re-organizing your stash is just part of the scrapper's mind set.

Lauri D
Diva
Lauri D
In response to jaxxan

First it was the local sb stores, then websites. I can't go to the C H A but there is a scrapbook convention & a sb expo every year where I live and I save up for going wild at them. Yes, I be a paper & embellishment junkie. Gotta get my fix!

Cparrish45
Tenant
Cparrish45
In response to bonprof

Uhmm, I just started and so guilty. I have spent hundreds of dollars since December and my obsession is anything Tim Holtz, however I will say his retractable craft blade was terrible in my opinion so I took in back and got the Martha Stewart utility knife. Much sturdier. Outside of that I love all of his other products and to make things worse I can walk across the street to one of the bigger "hobby" stores!

Kasima
Kasima 
Veteran
Kasima
In response to Cparrish45

I'm guilty !! But since there are no stores in my area i am a compulsive online shopper..And of course all the best stores are in the states so i fork out just as much on shipping and duty as i do on products..

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to meezerpleaser

• meezerpleaser Said:
I don't just need a 12 step program, I need a 12x12 step program

I LOVE PAPER, Punches, Distress Stains and mists and Spellbinders!!!!!!!!

bonprof
Diva
bonprof
In response to Kasima

Would you please let me know where you shop online? I know of only 2 or 3 places. Thanks so much!

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to bonprof

Don't post links though - this IS a store, and links to other stores will be removed as per Ts&Cs.

MrsSugarBear
Guru
MrsSugarBear

Who me?

Sees the multiplying paper, nesties, and punches.

KDQ
KDQ 
Guru
KDQ
  • KDQ on 03-16-13 07:50 AM
In response to bonprof

I am addicted to shopping deals for scrapbooking goodies! Lately I've been trying to clean up my stash a bit and use up stuff I've had for awhile. I gave a bunch of stuff to a friend of mine new to scrapbooking. It made room for my next big haul lol.

charK
charK 
Mayor
charK
  • charK on 03-17-13 12:43 PM
In response to bonprof

I am a scrapbook addict....I used to buy everything and did for over 10 years. I had to have a whole ROOM in my house just for the "stuff".

I switched to DIGITAL scrapping and have not looked back. It is so much less expensive.

I had finally asked myself, what are you going to do with all of these "things" and when will you ever use it all. I spent more time shopping than scrapping.

I just needed to personally simplify my life.

The "room" was taking over! lol

I am much happier being a DIGI scrapper.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics