Username Post: Birds and the Bees Talk        (Topic#1585891)
Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G

Question: When discussing birds and the bees with the kids is it the moms job or both parents? Or is it split where Dads should talk to boys and Moms should talk to girls?

Birds and the Bees Talk
Moms talk to girls and dads talk to boys
Moms should handle it initially
Both parents should collaborate and initiate
You may choose one option.
Votes accepted from 03-10-13 06:13 AM to 03-13-14 06:13 AM.
View results
You are not allowed to vote in this poll.

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit
In response to Just G

I think there definitely is a benefit of moms talking to girls and dads to boys. But ultimately I think both parents are responsible for it - but should collaborate first to make sure they are on the same page as to how they are going to approach the different topics.

Keep in mind that my kids are nowhere near that age though, so I don't have any experience in that area and may end up changing my mind down the road.

scrapnread
Guru
scrapnread
In response to scraprabbit

We started talking to our teens as young kids together or whenever a question was asked. As the answers became more detailed, usually dad answered son's questions and mom answered daughter's questions. However we both still talk to them, because sex is a complex thing and you need to know stuff from both male and female points of view.

Als_Gal
Guru
Als_Gal
In response to scrapnread

In our home I talked to Ashlee and Big Al talked to Big C. But when other questions were asked we both talked to both of them. When Ashlee had questions that she wanted her big pop to answer she went to him.

Diva
In response to Als_Gal

In my house, we both talked to my three daughters together.

950nancy
Diva
950nancy
In response to bayamonesa1

We both talked to them separately. Hubby went through the "nuts and bolts" and I covered more of the feelings, consequences, and the girl's point of view. No way was I leaving that very important part of sex to a man. Hubby is a great guy, but he is only half of what sex is at my house.

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G
In response to 950nancy

do you have boys/girls or both? How old were they when you started 'the talk'

DD is 9 and came home frmo school saying there is a girl in her class saying she likes boys and girls and wants to have sex with everyone

We got through the basics of what sex is and how babies are made (and why mommy can't have anymore - hysterectomy) and that you shouldn't have sex until you're out of high school and prepared to handle the mature things like a baby. (too soon for birth control discussion)

3 days later she came down with her first UTI so the doctor explained some more things to her abuot bubble baths and changing out of wet swimsuits because of what it does to our girly parts.

I was relieved when she wanted to come home and color her care bears book LOL

950nancy
Diva
950nancy
In response to Just G

G- I have two boys. You can tell them everything over and over again, but when the pressure is on, it is totally up to them. I told them to think of me before the had sex. I was hoping that would put a damper on things. I also had to take my 18 year old to buy condoms. Much cheaper than a a baby.

ScrappyMama6
Mayor
ScrappyMama6
In response to 950nancy

I did most of the talking with my older 2, the Ex was a worthless PDN, and I didnt want him telling my boys ANYTHING about that.....Ive had a LOT of talks in the past 2 years or so with oldest (18) about like Nancy said, the feelings, girl POV and consequences since he has a steady GF now.

We both talked to his son when we found out he was having sex with his hoochy GF, and the twins are too little to talk about more than why they're too young to "date" although they both have boyfriends/girlfriends in first grade .....but as they get older it'll probably be me that tells them most of the deets. BF's not much of a talker about that kind of stuff unless he has to.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics