Username Post: Need help with organizing Stamps....        (Topic#1585903)
scrappiepammie
Guru
scrappiepammie

I know this probably has been discussed on here so much that no one wants to talk about it ......lol......but, I have got to find a way to organize my stamps. I have my stamps right now in one of my Thirty-One bags.....all piled in some are on the big rings groups together.

I have googled stamp organizing and got all kind of ideas but they were pretty much older products that you can't find any more.
Plese give me any ideas that you may have .....

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to scrappiepammie

I have all of my cling stamps in one of these cropper hoppers and I love it. My wood block stamps I have in a basket (the larger ones) and the small ones I have in a pocket hanger on the back of a door that has 60 small pockets.

Waverly Storage Find By CrimsonMama

The pocket hanger is by Waverly. I found this one at Tuesday Morning but M's has recently had the same item.
Products Referenced in This Post:

scrappiepammie
Guru
scrappiepammie
In response to CrimsonMama

Where can you buy the Cropper Hopper? I looked on here and they don't have it.

scrappiepammie
Guru
scrappiepammie

• CrimsonMama Said:
I have all of my cling stamps in one of these cropper hoppers and I love it. My wood block stamps I have in a basket (the larger ones) and the small ones I have in a pocket hanger on the back of a door that has 60 small pockets.

Waverly Storage Find By CrimsonMama

The pocket hanger is by Waverly. I found this one at Tuesday Morning but M's has recently had the same item.

Thank you for your help. I really like the looks of the Cropper Hopper if I could just find them Thanks again....

950nancy
Diva
950nancy

A's has them. I used to keep mine on a Clip It up. Now they are all categorized in clear plastic containers that hold acrylic and wooden stamps.

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama

The Cropper Hopper IS here, I got mine from Scrapbook.com. be sure to get an extra package of the sheets,it comes with 15 and will hold another 15 easy. I did a review here too.

skybluepink73
New Kid On the Block
skybluepink73

I turned all my wooden stamps into unmounted ones. I took them off the blocks.

I keep them in empty cd cases and in a round turn style cd holder. I love it.

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to skybluepink73

My wooden stamps are in a shallow drawer under my desk, almost in two layers now.

My acrylic and cling stamps are in repurposed CD organiser cases that zip up so I can take them to crops.

meezerpleaser
Idol
meezerpleaser

I don't have a ton, but mine are in IRIS boxes organized by theme (Christmas, birthday, etc.). Probably wouldn't work for a ton of stamps, but it's good for finding a smaller collection when you need it!

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to skybluepink73

• skybluepink73 Said:
I turned all my wooden stamps into unmounted ones. I took them off the blocks.

I keep them in empty cd cases and in a round turn style cd holder. I love it.

Yes I've noticed a lot of folks say they do this. Right now my wood is not out of hand. And I love the wood blocks, they are like mini works of art!

I already have collected quite a few stamps, and especially since I didn't know I would ever us stamps it's crazy, so I can see how storage becomes a problem.

fknapoleon
Pro
fknapoleon

I took all of mine off the wood blocks and store them in a Cropper Hopper sticker binder. It works perfect for me.

I like the idea of the iris storage used for photos. It wouldn't work for a huge collection of wood stamps but huge is a relative term. Plus, you can organize by themes.

Kels
Kels 
Marketing Goddess
Kels
  • Kels on 03-12-13 09:28 AM
In response to fknapoleon

Do you have clear stamps?? If so, I stripped mine all out of the packaging and I cling them to the Zutter Clear Acrylic tabbed dividers and store them in a standard-size photo box. I don't have a huge collection tho... but I LOVE how little space this method takes up

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper
In response to Kels

That's such a cool idea! Thanks, Kels, for sharing!

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to flintridgescrapper

I have mine in zip up binders on cling sheets and my magnolias are in 100 dvd cases with about 4 to 5 in each cd case.

OlesyaK.
Diva
OlesyaK.
In response to Sneezy1956

I put all my unmounted stamps in a box in original packages and hid away. Instead of looking through the stamps, I have a small catalog (A5 size binder), where all stamps are stamped and sorted by theme, and labeled with a number (got a pack of small round stickers in dollar store, to sort by size of pack - small medium large, so three colors of stickers) - that way I look through the binder, find the number then go directly to the box. easy peasy.

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to OlesyaK.

I have an inventory LIST, but that is just so I don't duplicate what I have. That is why I like the Cropper Hopper, I can flip though them easy. I've seen your binder, I think you posted it? It's amazing way to do if you have a lot I can see the need.

We talk about this A LOT! I think it's important to have a system that enables you to USE what you have and not forget about it!

Do you ever look at a LO and go....."Oh Shoot! I could have done this or used that!" ????

OlesyaK.
Diva
OlesyaK.

• CrimsonMama Said:
I've seen your binder, I think you posted it? It's amazing way to do if you have a lot I can see the need.

Nope wasn't me! Was it Henri maybe? She has a terrific organization system!
I agree with having and using! every once in a while I flip through the catalog just to remind myself of what I have)

scrappiepammie
Guru
scrappiepammie

I think I would like this Cropper Hopper to organize my stamps but, they are out here on scrapbook.com.
I have clear stamps mainly that need orgainizing. My wood stamps are in a basket that hangs on my wall in my scrapbook studio.
Thanks for all the suggestions!!!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics