Username Post: CUTTING TOOLS/MATS        (Topic#1585923)
glamachic
New Kid On the Block
glamachic

hi everyone,
just wanted to get your opinions on the best paper cutting mat/tool/trimmer.

currently i am using the Fiskars Orange Paper Trimmer and i need something better.

i have started taking on bigger orders for invitation making and i need something that will hold the paper into place nice and firmly for me. the fiskars one isnt the best for doing this at all as you have to hold the paper up against a tiny bump/hinge and make sure its secured with your fingers....its like playing twister with your fingers...

anyways not sure if i have placed this topic in the right section. hopefully ihave and you can all help me

skybluepink73
New Kid On the Block
skybluepink73
In response to glamachic

I love my pink xyron paper trimmer.

catzscrapper
Pro
catzscrapper
In response to skybluepink73

I have a couple but like my Cricut trimmer best, is after my garage sale huge wooden one! Got that for 5 bucks(g-sale one)! I think the Cricut one does the best job for me tho I admit I get the inaccurate with all but my wooden one. I love that big clunker, but it could be very dangerous if you have little children. I have never seen another at any sale since I got it 8 or 9 years ago. The Cricut one travels better tho!

RedSquirrel
Idol
RedSquirrel
In response to catzscrapper

I have a Cutterpede with the different blades. I love it!

nadiasmom
Resident
nadiasmom
In response to RedSquirrel

I loved my cutterpede too--but the plastic arm with the blade broke off twice.....didnt have the heart to buy a third....

traceyjean
Guru
traceyjean
In response to glamachic

If you're looking for something heavy duty, try the Making Memories trimmer or the new Fiskars trimmer. They are a little on the spendy side but the reviews here have been really good for both...

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to traceyjean

Do you have the Fiskars rotary or wire? I have the rotary and it is awesome! I love mine so much I bought a second one for my crop wagon that is always ready to run out the door with me.

I haven't tried the wire but the rotary works so well for me I stick with it. I do have to hold my paper in place but it is no big deal. I think all of them are going to require you to hold the paper in place but mine has more than just a little bump. The bump on mine is substantial enough that I don't have any problems and there are bumps or ridges on both sides.

scrapnread
Guru
scrapnread
In response to Henri Jean

The Making Memories trimmer is great for about the first 100 cuts. After that, it makes a screeching metal against metal sound. That is the blade that has come off the track. It tears your paper rather than cutting it. I have had 2 of these and my sister had 2. All four had the same problems. When I talked to MM customer service, they were very kind and understanding and sent a replacement trimmer. And also said that this is a common problem that happens to almost every customer they have talked to, but unfortunately, the trimmer is not able to have the blade replaced. You just have to buy a new trimmer.

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to scrapnread

Love my Putter pillar pro but it's big. Use my rotary Fiskars a lot since it's small

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics