Username Post: 12x12 Page Protectors        (Topic#1585963)
elle b.
New Kid On the Block
elle b.

Hello, everyone! I am sorry if this question has already been addressed, but I am having trouble finding the answer.

What 12x12 page protectors do you most recommend for thick layouts for postbound albums? I am finding that with all of the embellishments on them, a lot of my pages are having trouble squeezing into regular 12x12 page protectors. I am finding that I often have to put only one layout in a protector with a pretty paper on the back of it, and even then it's sometimes a bit of a squeeze. I would be ever so grateful for suggestions.

Thanks!
Elle

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to elle b.

Typically I just use the protectors made by the album's manufacturer. But I anti-recommend anything by Pioneer; even for quite flat pages, their protectors are too narrow and require me to trim about 1/4" off every layout.

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to aquabunny

I use (and like) C-Line page protectors. My albums are 3-ring, but I think C-Line also makes a post bound protector.

elle b.
New Kid On the Block
elle b.
In response to Bxr-Linda

Thanks so much, guys! I really appreciate the input!

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to elle b.

I use the We R Memory keeper ones. They seem to be a tad bit larger and I can fit my 3D pages in quite easily.

Alison

OlesyaK.
Diva
OlesyaK.
In response to kiyawinn

i like American Crafts page protectors. Not only they are usually roomier than any other, they also have spacers between the holes and the actual page pocket.
I know that some people who make chunky layouts begin their pages by cutting off a 1/8" off the side right away, so the layout is a little smaller to begin with and there's room to spare in the protector afterwards.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to OlesyaK.

• OlesyaK. Said:
i like American Crafts page protectors. Not only they are usually roomier than any other, they also have spacers between the holes and the actual page pocket.

Colorbok's are like that too - love 'em!

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to aquabunny

• aquabunny Said:
  • OlesyaK. Said:

Colorbok's are like that too - love 'em!

Funny
This is the ONLY feature I avoid when buying page protectors.
Arguably, they may be sturdier. But, in the D-ring albums I use, if the protectors have an extra space or column between the holes and the page, then they stick out the open edge of the album.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to Bxr-Linda

Ah, well, I've only ever done one D-ring album, so that would explain it.

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to aquabunny

• aquabunny Said:
Ah, well, I've only ever done one D-ring album, so that would explain it.

They're probably perfect for a post-bound album. In fact, I notice the one linked above is listed for post-bound.

elle b.
New Kid On the Block
elle b.
In response to Bxr-Linda

Thank you guys soooo much! I ordered and received the C-Line page protectors. I definitely am glad for the extra height, but yeah, I could still do with a tiny bit more room, as my embellishments are still getting a bit squished. I guess I am going a bit heavy on the flowers and butterflies on my layouts!

I will try the We R Memory Keepers and the American Crafts ones next. Like Aquabunny, I tend to do postbound albums more than D-Ring, so hopefully, I won't have the issue of the pages sticking out the sides.

I really appreciate everyone's input! Thank you!

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to janeelissa

• janeelissa Said:
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the things you did.
_________________________ _________________________ _________________
One's real value first lies in to what degree and what sense he set himself.
[/url]

Huh??

Perhaps you missed it when you registered... it is against the rules to link other websites or advertise here.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics