Username Post: SB Pinterest pinners...I have questions        (Topic#1586013)
The Biscuit Scraps
Resident
The Biscuit Scraps

I just read the thread where posters shared their Pinterest Boards link. I picked up a few pins! Thanks!

My first question is...how do you find what you want to inspire you when all your SB layouts are on one general board (Scrapbooking Layouts) and you have over 400 pins. I've seen some with close to 1,000 pins on one board.

Do you just scroll through them when it is time to SB and look at them for inspiration?

I use my boards like I would use a filing cabinet so I can find what I want when I need it. For instance, I have over 30 Scrapbooking boards that are then named for their content (Scrapbook School Layouts, Scrapbook Vintage Layouts, etc). When any given board gets close to 200, I start weeding them out and putting some onto other boards, like Scrapbook Inspiration Layouts or Scrapbook Photos 5-6 Layouts or Scrapbook Tag Layouts). That way, I can find just about anything I need when I'm looking without going through 400 pins.

Tell us how you use your boards/pins and how you find what you need.

Here's my board: My Pinterest Link

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to The Biscuit Scraps

You're very organised!! I guess I don't need to have the same subject matter on a LO to inspire me. For example if I was looking to do a 'cruise' LO I wouldn't particularly look at other cruise LOs for inspiration because I just need a small thing to trigger my ideas...it could be just a colour scheme or the placement of a photo, regardless of the topic on the page.

When I want inspiration I just skim over the pages I've pinned and my eye will land on some small detail or pattern or shape and that will be enough to spark my idea.

Vivian Lake
Guru
Vivian Lake
In response to scrappercaz

You are organized Carol! I guess it depends on what you liked about the LO or card. For me, sometimes it isn't the actual page, more like I like the "sketch" behind the page. Sometimes I pin something cause I like it and want to admire it more, but have no desire to remake, but others repin for very different reasons. That's what I love about Pinterest. It CAN be about what I want it to be.

Vivian Lake
Guru
Vivian Lake
In response to Vivian Lake

done

Edited by Vivian Lake on 03-14-13 12:47 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

The Biscuit Scraps
Resident
The Biscuit Scraps
In response to Vivian Lake

Carolyn and Vivian, well, that makes sense! My head put everything in boxes with labels. LOL

Actually, I do a lot of what you are talking about...pinning for a particular aspect and pinning just because I like the layout with no inclination to recreate it.

Melissa*H
Veteran
Melissa*H

When I first started pinning I just had general boards: Layouts, Mini Albums, etc. Then I quickly became pin addicted (I have almost 10,000 pins...eek!) and decided to make my boards more specific. I have graphic style layouts, shabby chic layouts, travel mini albums, etc. I also have boards dedicated to my favorite manufacturers, like Prima, Graphic 45, Pink Paislee, etc.
No matter how pretty a board is, if there are too many pins I have to stop looking. So I decided to stop my boards at 500 pins each.
You can check my boards out here if you'd like:
http://www.pinterest.com/sdoparis/

The Biscuit Scraps
Resident
The Biscuit Scraps
In response to Melissa*H

• Melissa*H Said:
... and decided to make my boards more specific. I have graphic style layouts, shabby chic layouts, travel mini albums, etc. I also have boards dedicated to my favorite manufacturers, like Prima, Graphic 45, Pink Paislee, etc.
No matter how pretty a board is, if there are too many pins I have to stop looking. So I decided to stop my boards at 500 pins each.

You are a pinner after my own, OCD pinning heart! Thanks for sharing. I've been busy on your boards this morning.

Melissa*H
Veteran
Melissa*H

Carol. wow your boards are gorgeous. I know where I'll be most of the day.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi

I have some boards on my Pin site but the one that has the most pins is "Cards".. I print pages of them for a notebook in my room to use as inspiration.. Then delete them off the board (which I haven't done very much lately).

I have a ton of ideas already in my scrap room from magazines, this site, etc. so am not looking to pin many layouts.

http://pinterest.com/ohforjoy/

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to Melissa*H

• Melissa*H Said:
When I first started pinning I just had general boards: Layouts, Mini Albums, etc. Then I quickly became pin addicted (I have almost 10,000 pins...eek!) and decided to make my boards more specific. I have graphic style layouts, shabby chic layouts, travel mini albums, etc. I also have boards dedicated to my favorite manufacturers, like Prima, Graphic 45, Pink Paislee, etc.
You can check my boards out here if you'd like:
http://www.pinterest.com/sdoparis/

I love how you have Mini Albums AND Cute Mini Albums. The sign of a true Pinterest addict! I thought I had alot of boards (47) but you beat me out with your 86 boards. I am now following you lol

Mine is http://pinterest.com/dittobabygirl/ if anyone wants to know

dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch
In response to DittoBabyGirl

I stop my boards at 200 entries. If I exceed that I set up a second (third) board. For example, #1 Card Inspiration; #2 Card Inspiration. Doesn't mean I have any less entries, but I don't have to keep waiting for it to reload.

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to dwelch

I have 2 mini album boards because one got to full....but my layouts are just all in one and I just skim them

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics