Page 1 of 4 
Username Post: Graphic 45 Paper...any fans?        (Topic#1586015)
The Biscuit Scraps
Resident
The Biscuit Scraps

I'm a big fan of Graphic 45.

I'm not a heavy lumpy, bumpy scrapper, but love the vintage look. I pick up a LOT of packs (25 sheets of the same paper) from Tues Morning, so I've been pinning a lot of layouts, tags and cards made with that paper in my Scrapbook Vintage Layouts board and my Scrapbook Vintage School Layout board.

My faves are:
ABC Primer
Birdsong
On the Boardwalk
Le Cirque

This past week, I picked up 6 packs of Le Cirque so Scrapbook.com gallery has come in handy with layouts to pin using that paper. Here's the link:
Scrapbook Graphic 45 Le Cirque Layouts

Help me think outside the box for layouts using that paper.

Circus
Clowning Around
Facepainting
Family Circus

Any more ideas?

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to The Biscuit Scraps

I saw that at Tuesday Morning too. I didn't buy any, because I could NOT think of ONE thing I would use it for, let alone a whole pack!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali

I absolutely LOVE Graphic 45.

It's actually my all-time favorite paper & the one I tend to hold onto until I have the perfect project in mind!

My faves are:
Steampunk Debutante
Domestic Goddess
Renaissance Faire
A Proper Gentleman
Curtain Call
The Magic of Oz
On the Boardwalk
Le Cirque

Wish List:

ABC Primer
Little Darlings
Bird Song
Tropical Travelogue
Olde Curiosity Shoppe

Purchasing:

French Country
Secret Garden
Place in Time
Products Referenced in This Post:

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

6 packs of Le Cirque is a lot of paper. Any other collection & I'd be over the moon with that much paper!!

Lots of mini albums, cards, tags & altered projects is what first comes to mind.

Good Luck!

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to KellyCali

I think the packs at Tuesday Morning are NOT the entire collection. It's 25 sheets of the SAME paper.

prittb
prittb 
Diva
prittb
In response to Bxr-Linda

• Bxr-Linda Said:
I think the packs at Tuesday Morning are NOT the entire collection. It's 25 sheets of the SAME paper.

That is why I did not pick any up either.

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama

I have maybe 20 packs like that from TM. I LOVE it and I can be generous in gifting it because it's so cheap. Of course it's the discontinued collections, but who cares, it's classic.

My mother-in-law thinks I'm so nice to be giving her such awesome paper. RAK IT.

Edited by CrimsonMama on 03-13-13 04:08 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to Bxr-Linda

• prittb Said:
  • Bxr-Linda Said:

That is why I did not pick any up either.

Well, with that tidbit in mind, that just makes things all the more challenging! IMHO.

OK, now I'm curious...which piece?

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

I bought a 25 piece pack like that before. It was polka dotted & rustic brown on the other side. I think it was $2 or $3 at Marshall's.

Not only did it take me all of forever to use it, but I came to regret purchasing that much of that particular paper. Or at least all at once.

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to KellyCali

wish I had a tuesday Morning I love G 45 just bought the whole Secret Garden and want the French

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 03-13-13 05:07 PM
In response to Sneezy1956

I wish I had a Tuesday Morning, too!!

I adore the Tropical Travelogue collection, I bought most of it when it came out. Still haven't used it, but one of these days I WILL get to my Hawaii pages.

chocolateaxel
Diva
chocolateaxel
In response to stick

For the longest time, Basic Grey was my all time favorite paper line, but in the last year or so, Graphic 45 has taken over that spot. I love most of it so much, I would happily take 25 or more sheets of the same design at Tuesday Morning's prices. I've been trying to find time in my schedule to get by the Tuesday Morning near my job to see if I can score.

The Biscuit Scraps
Resident
The Biscuit Scraps
In response to stick

Each pack I buy is 3.99, so with tax, that is 4.28 and comes to 17 cents per sheet.

Yes, 25 of all the same paper, double sided. I only buy the ones that have generic backsides (side b) or the tags. I cannot tell you how many I have gifted to people at crops and retreats...pretty nice goody bag gifts at a fraction of the cost.

I also use them for trading. I take a rolling cart with my collection of Graphic 45 and American Crafts paper I by like that from Tues Morning and trade for solids when I need them at retreats. A lot of the collections on the b side coordinate with the other papers.

When Archiver's has BOGO, I fill in with some of the papers I love from G45. I also walk around the store and coordinate, giving me a new collection for a layout.

My friends are thrilled and I'm thrilled.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to stick

• stick Said:
I wish I had a Tuesday Morning, too!!

I adore the Tropical Travelogue collection, I bought most of it when it came out. Still haven't used it, but one of these days I WILL get to my Hawaii pages.

You may not be missing much. I've been to 3 Tuesday Mornings in the Bay Area, and none have much to offer for scrapbookers. I did come across an awesome (albeit ugly) 3-ring American Crafts album for $5. I use it for my layouts-in-progress.

The Biscuit Scraps
Resident
The Biscuit Scraps
In response to Luvmyfam

We have at least 7 in our area and, for the most part, we have quite a nice selection of scrapbooking goodies. I buy Xyron refills for less than I can get them at Ms or ACM with a coupon. Yes, it is hit or miss, sometimes, but I'm on several SBing yahoo groups becase of the crops/retreats I attend and we each give a shout out when we see something others will like.

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 03-13-13 09:18 PM

Jen - where in the world are TM's in the Bay Area?

disneylisa
Mayor
disneylisa
In response to stick

7 stores - wow. I have 2 that I visit when possible, one is only 10 minutes away and I sometimes use my lunch hour to go there, the other is just over 30 minutes away. Luckily the one closer to me often has good things (of course just as often it doesn't - I think you have to get lucky and get there soon after items come in).

I too have managed to pick up about 20 packs of G45 or other double sided papers over the past year. I don't mind 25 of the same paper. As mentioned the back sides often tend to be somewhat generic and can be used elsewhere. Plus I make lots of cards for donating so I can use things easily that way and there's always the option of giving it to my sister who is a girl scout leader if I should grow tired of it.

I keep hoping the Tropical Travelogue collection shows up but so far no luck. I'm also on the lookout for Halloween in Wonderland since I saw the borders just last week.

Oddly I wasn't really a fan of G45 before this.

The Biscuit Scraps
Resident
The Biscuit Scraps
In response to disneylisa

Thank you, DisneyLisa for making me feel like I'm not the only one!

We just moved in Nov, so I'm am now 15 mins away from my closest one, where I was only 5 mins away before....where I could pop in more often.

I'm going to a couple of different ones this weekend to see if there is something I missed.

Diva

What a great deal! I love the G45 paper and designs. Good for you! Whata lucky lady!

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to bayamonesa1

I thought about gifting it too, but the designs were not my style at all. I couldn't think of how/when I'd use one sheet.

Jen is correct. Those of you wishing for Tuesday Morning would likely be disappointed. It is VERY hit and miss.
The bigger store nearest me is AWFUL! It's disorganized, dirty, merchandise EVERYWHERE, on the floor, in the aisles...

There's one close to me, so I stop in about once a week. RARELY do I find something awesome that I must have.

My last great purchase there was a valance for the kitchen window for $3.

Page 1 of 4 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics