Page 2 of 4 
Username Post: Graphic 45 Paper...any fans?        (Topic#1586015)
Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to KellyCali

• KellyCali Said:

Well, with that tidbit in mind, that just makes things all the more challenging! IMHO.

OK, now I'm curious...which piece?

I think they were from Curtain Call and/or cir-something (??)--the circus one.

There were several different designs.

CrimsonMama
Diva
CrimsonMama
In response to Bxr-Linda

I have two near me, one is awesome, and I find a lot of scrapbooking goodies there, the other is a mess and hardly ever has anything to offer good.

Some of the G45 that I purchased in packs of 25, I will have no problem using, A Proper Gentleman for example, houndstooth, pinstripe, plaid, just gorgeous man pages. Steampunk...It might take a while but I will use most of it. And like I mentioned, I've already given away....I'm guessing here 50 or so sheets. Makes a great scrap gift.

The thing about G45, is that a number of the collections work together very well. You can use every tiny little scrap of it. That is one thing I like about it. I can't turn down 17 cents per sheet. Are you kidding?

boysmom
Pro
boysmom
In response to Bxr-Linda

I love Tropical Traveloque, I bought lots of it from here when it first came out and then I bought a few more of my favorite sheets, but I had a tropical vacation to scrap.

I like the French collection, but I sadly I have no plans to travel to France anytime soon. I love their papers, but only the ones that fit themes I'm actually scrapping. Although some of the very specific ones have more general patterns on the back that I can use for different themes.

I never heard of that Tuesday store, I buy almost all my scrappy stuff here.

The Biscuit Scraps
Resident
The Biscuit Scraps
In response to boysmom

Graphic 45 is not for everyone. I love American Crafts paper, too...two totally different design and color ranges.

A Proper Gentleman is one of the nicest collections for men.

The combination on their B sides of black and creamy beige are fantastic for formal pages and most collections are excellent for vintage/heritage layouts (of which I have several albums worth to create). So, for me...it's a steal.

As for Tuesday Morning, I've bought all my linens there for years and when they have their 50% off clearance on their linens twice a year, I rack up. I keep a couple of packages of sheet sets for wedding gifts in the closet in white or beige.

I buy children's books for Christmas Angel tree gifts there. They have amazing prices and adorable books. I buy kitchen items from time to time on clearance...and tablecloths. I keep table sizes of each of our children's families and grab those on clearance, along with paper cocktail napkins for different holiday parties.

I'm a frugal shopper and don't mind digging to find the bargains. It's not for everyone.

Oh, and we only have two of our 7 or 8 that are dirty and dingy...I just whisk in those and check to see if they have what I'm looking for and out to the next one.

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to Bxr-Linda

• Bxr-Linda Said:
  • KellyCali Said:

Well, with that tidbit in mind, that just makes things all the more challenging! IMHO.

OK, now I'm curious...which piece?

I think they were from Curtain Call and/or cir-something (??)--the circus one.

There were several different designs.

Thanks!

And thanks for the Tuesday Morning review. We have one here, but in 4 years, I've still yet to step foot inside one of their stores. Eventually, I may go, but for now I'm okay.

I originally purchased the entire Curtain Call pack. Here's what I made with it (see below).

I think I kept the Charlie Chapman pages, as well as the Western page & the Eiffel Tower & donated the rest of the pages & pieces to a friend.

{Graphic 45 Gypsy Curtain Call} By KellyCali

{Gypsy Curtain Call - inside} By KellyCali

The Biscuit Scraps
Resident
The Biscuit Scraps
In response to KellyCali

Beautiful work, Kelly. I have a friend who paper crafts, other than scrapbooking. I envy the talent. I do well to keep up with my scrapbooking for my family (I scrapbook for my adult chilren's families, too).

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to The Biscuit Scraps

• The Biscuit Scraps Said:
Beautiful work, Kelly. I have a friend who paper crafts, other than scrapbooking. I envy the talent. I do well to keep up with my scrapbooking for my family (I scrapbook for my adult chilren's families, too).

Thank You Carol.

I admire the fact that you are able to keep up-to-date with your pages & albums! Truly.

I sometimes think I dream about ideas & organize my supplies 75-80 percent of the time & only sit down & actually scrap my pages 25 percent of the time. lol.

I average about 5-10 pages each month...which by the end of the year isn't really too bad I suppose.

The Biscuit Scraps
Resident
The Biscuit Scraps
In response to KellyCali

• KellyCali Said:

I sometimes think I dream about ideas & organize my supplies 75-80 percent of the time & only sit down & actually scrap my pages 25 percent of the time. lol.

LOL This is one of my favorite quotes about hobbies:
"I like to think about making things. Sometimes I actually make things." Melissa (AKA Tensionissues)

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda

I'm not trying to dissuade anyone from shopping here. Scrapbook.com has the BEST selection and service!

Tuesday Morning carries a LOT of different items. As Carol pointed out, it has a great selection of linens and housewares.

If anyone is interested in Tuesday Morning, it has a website and store locator. There are stores all over the country.
boysmom -there ARE stores in New Jersey.

It's worth checking out, but keep your expectations low.
Some stores are MUCH better than others.

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to Bxr-Linda

In case anyone wonders, I do NOT work for Tuesday Morning!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to Bxr-Linda

• Bxr-Linda Said:

Gotcha.

As is the case with most stores (ie. Big Lots, Ross, Marshall's, TJ Maxx, M's, J's, etc!)

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to KellyCali

• KellyCali Said:
  • Bxr-Linda Said:

Gotcha.

As is the case with most stores (ie. Big Lots, Ross, Marshall's, TJ Maxx, M's, J's, etc!)

EXACTLY!
It is VERY much like Ross, TJ Maxx... hit and miss.

Just a random thought... anyone else find that Big Lots carries more off-brand junk than it did a few years ago?

The Biscuit Scraps
Resident
The Biscuit Scraps
In response to Bxr-Linda

• Bxr-Linda Said:

Just a random thought... anyone else find that Big Lots carries more off-brand junk than it did a few years ago?

It's not even worth my gas to stop by there anymore. I used to pick up Bazzill there, but no more. They also used to have a nice selection of wood block stamps, but I haven't bought anything like that in years.

2 years ago, I did buy some great collections at TJM and Marshall's...Dear Lizzy and a couple of other collections from AC for 6 dollars each. Those were the full collections, not 25 of the same sheet.

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali

I've shopped the scrapbooking section of 3 different Big Lots in the area during Dec-Mar.

Not only have I noticed that their store prices have went up as a whole, but after 3 consecutive months of return visits, all that I've walked away with is...a couple pieces of Colorbok glitter paper (pink, green, orange & blue), a Love Elsie - {i love art} - chipboard tag & some Cinnamon (pink) & Stroll (aqua) Thickers @ $1.00 a piece (which I happen to love!)

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to KellyCali

Our local Big Lots basically discontinued its scrapbook section. The store was recently rearranged, and it carries virtually NO craft stuff.

I used to find all sorts of name-brand stuff there, sunscreen, cosmetics, shampoo, etc. Not anymore.
Oh well...

I was at Tuesday Morning again today. It has a number of different Graphic 45 papers. Christmas, halloween, Oz,...

I did buy a pack of Christmas papers -- Joyous Noel. One side is a cream/black stripe, so I figured I could use it. (darn peer pressure ) At $3.99 (no sales tax here), it's $0.16 a sheet. Not too shabby.

I also noticed that some packs were $5.99 for 25 sheets. Not sure why.

thehappyscrapper8
Veteran
thehappyscrapper8
In response to Bxr-Linda

Oh I love Graphic 45 paper I have never seen it at Tuesday Mornings though. I really like the place in time one and I am looking forward to purchasing that one soon.

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to thehappyscrapper8

• thehappyscrapper8 Said:
Oh I love Graphic 45 paper I have never seen it at Tuesday Mornings though. I really like the place in time one and I am looking forward to purchasing that one soon.

I think this is a fairly new shipment. If you're interested, I'd suggest checking it out soon.

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to Bxr-Linda

• Bxr-Linda Said:
I was at Tuesday Morning again today. It has a number of different Graphic 45 papers. Christmas, halloween, Oz,...

I did buy a pack of Christmas papers -- Joyous Noel. One side is a cream/black stripe, so I figured I could use it. (darn peer pressure ) At $3.99 (no sales tax here), it's $0.16 a sheet. Not too shabby.

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

Well, guess where I plan on heading this weekend?...

Page 2 of 4 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics