Page 3 of 4 
Username Post: Graphic 45 Paper...any fans?        (Topic#1586015)
The Biscuit Scraps
Resident
The Biscuit Scraps
In response to KellyCali

DH is going to Greensboro tomorrow. There are 4 TMs on the way. Guess who is traveling with him.

Edited by The Biscuit Scraps on 03-14-13 01:52 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Bxr-Linda

We have a Tuesday Morning in Ocala - have been in it a few times - not worth the 10 minute drive. They don't have much of anything crafty and its crowded and junky to me. Very disorganized.

I went into the one in the Villages yesterday and I will not go back. Not worth parking and getting out of the car.

The people in Oklahoma talk about how good their Tuesday Morning is. I wish we had a good one!

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to Henri Jean

• Henri Jean Said:
We have a Tuesday Morning in Ocala - have been in it a few times - not worth the 10 minute drive. They don't have much of anything crafty and its crowded and junky to me. Very disorganized.

I went into the one in the Villages yesterday and I will not go back. Not worth parking and getting out of the car.

The people in Oklahoma talk about how good their Tuesday Morning is. I wish we had a good one!

I think the nice/clean/organized stores are the exception, rather than the rule.

At least among the stores here.
I ALWAYS compliment the employees at my local store, tell them how awesome their store is, compared to the others nearby.

And, to further enable, Tuesday Morning has an item locator service. With their SKU number, you can call an 800 number, and find out what stores have that item in stock.

Edited by Bxr-Linda on 03-14-13 02:24 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

chocolateaxel
Diva
chocolateaxel
In response to Bxr-Linda

The Tuesday Morning I've been in here in OKC is okay, it's a little junky and the product is real hit or miss, sometimes you can find great stuff, other times nothing. But the Tuesday Morning I used to shop in back home in Katy (suburb of Houston) was awesome! It was a huge store, very clean and well organized, bright and always had a great selection in every department. Man, I miss that store! Unfortunately, I think the majority of the stores across the country are probably more like the one here in OKC, small, disorganized, kinda junky, take your chances.

Melissa*H
Veteran
Melissa*H
In response to chocolateaxel

Wow...I've never heard of this store. I went to their store locator and there is one 6 miles from my house! Of course I will be running there tomorrow, I loooove Graphic 45 and will be thrilled if they have some of it there.

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to Melissa*H

Well, I guess I am lucky to have one good one near me. It must have to do with the store managers. I don't know but the one that is a mess and never has much is in the same shopping area as a Hobby Lobby. This may mean one of two things, they don't stock much craft stuff in the first place because of HL - or - it gets picked over and cleaned out faster because of being near a HL and a Big Lots is there too. I don't see much at BL that I like. Don't know which it is but there is an enormous difference in the two stores. My last visit there I got a bunch of On the Boardwalk, Steampunk Debutante, Halloween in Wonderland and Le Cirque. Some of it is tags! I also got some Petaloo and some WOW fine glitter. A pretty amazing haul. I also got a LARGE stamp set by Prima that creates swirls. But then next time there might not be anything new that I really want.

I think you should try visit on Wednesday or Thursday. They get their trucks in on Tuesday...thus the name.

OlesyaK.
Diva
OlesyaK.
In response to The Biscuit Scraps

• The Biscuit Scraps Said:

LOL This is one of my favorite quotes about hobbies:
"I like to think about making things. Sometimes I actually make things." Melissa (AKA Tensionissues)

geez I read this as "favorite quote about HUBBIES " and thought - OMG this is SOOOOOOOOOO TRUUUUUUUUUUUUUE!!!

Expert
In response to Bxr-Linda

I bought some at Tuesday morning too. I will use it eventually or give it away. Figuring that I usually buy 3 or 4 of a pattern anyway, at regular prices ...about the same price for 25. So I can afford to be generous.
I picked up some plain cardstock sheets..(not graphic 45) ..in TM quite a while ago. Ended up using them in a gift album. Those I got 25 for 1.99!! That was a huge savings.

OlesyaK.
Diva
OlesyaK.

• The Biscuit Scraps Said:

2 years ago, I did buy some great collections at TJM and Marshall's...Dear Lizzy and a couple of other collections from AC for 6 dollars each. Those were the full collections, not 25 of the same sheet.

that's what our marshall's is selling - AC mostly, some spellbinders, some MME - looooove their MME paper lots, packs of 50 sheets for 12-15 bucks - different designs, not the same sheet. Fancy pants older lines sometimes. good stuff..

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to OlesyaK.

Our Marshall's is selling a lot of MME embellishment packs. I think they are either $3.00 or $5.00 each.

They also have lots of creme colored paper punches. Various shapes & sizes.

Thin 12x12 albums. And the rest of the items in that section seem to be french/Paris-inspired organizational items, with a couple of dress forms thrown into the mix.

It's all very hit or miss.

dotfree
Guru
dotfree
In response to Bxr-Linda

I love graphic 45. This past weekend I bought 2 sheets of all the French Country designs.

My other favorites are Authentique and Little Yellow Bicycle.

Edited by dotfree on 03-15-13 11:23 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

The Biscuit Scraps
Resident
The Biscuit Scraps
In response to dotfree

Just returned from a shopping spree to 4 different TMs and picked up 5 packs.
The Magic of Oz: Wicked
Le Cirque: Tags (I'm thrilled! I'll make tons of childrens tags for gifts and cards)
Curtain Call: Pantomime (for the B side)
Curtain Call: Leading Ladies (for the B side)
Christmas Past: Visions of Sugarplums (for tons of Christmas tags)

I'll be using a lot of my B sides for background pages for my DD's wedding album...so classic in black and creamy beige. The rest for Heritage albums. I won't have to scrimp and save and ravage my paper....it will all be sitting there waiting to be used.

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama

Well I went to HL today just to get away from spring cleaning this week. I went into the TM that I normally don't like. Guess what? It was cleaned up, much neater and they did have some G45 today. I think the store manager matters.

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to CrimsonMama

• CrimsonMama Said:
Well I went to HL today just to get away from spring cleaning this week. I went into the TM that I normally don't like. Guess what? It was cleaned up, much neater and they did have some G45 today. I think the store manager matters.

I think this is absolutely the case.

When I've complimented my store (and in turn complained about the others), I was told that the messy store's excuse is that they want to get the merchandise on the shelves quicker.

Okaaaayyy..... by throwing it in random places!?

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to Bxr-Linda

LOL YEAH. Sometimes that store seems like they have one person there. It's really bad. But maybe this one is under new management. Hopefully that is the case.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to stick

• stick Said:
Jen - where in the world are TM's in the Bay Area?

Pleasant Hill, Moraga. and Walnut Creek. I think Concord and Berkeley also have TM's. I just popped over to the locator (I couldn't remember the 3rd store I visited), and there are quite a few in the Bay Area now.

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 03-15-13 07:18 PM
In response to Luvmyfam

Cool, thanks, Jen! I'll check out the store locater (my browser wasn't allowing access to google search yesterday, no idea why). ... Not that I cross bridges very often, lol.

950nancy
Diva
950nancy
In response to KellyCali

• KellyCali Said:
6 packs of Le Cirque is a lot of paper. Any other collection & I'd be over the moon with that much paper!!

Lots of mini albums, cards, tags & altered projects is what first comes to mind.

Good Luck!

That is funny. I bought 6 packs of Le Cirque for a friend. She makes pages kits and sells them at crops and Expos. I have never used the paper, but thought a lot of other people love it. I make 50 kits for her.

ScrappyMama6
Mayor
ScrappyMama6
In response to KellyCali

We lost our Tuesday Morning to a freakin Ulta makeup store this year....

We do still have an A's, HL, and a new J's and a TJMaxx. I check the TJMaxx pretty regularly. Last week I found Thickers for $1.49 a pack. I got 9 packs. But some weeks there's nothing good, and others, there's punches for $3.99 and stamp sets for $2.99.......ya just have to keep checking back in!!!

The Biscuit Scraps
Resident
The Biscuit Scraps
In response to ScrappyMama6

Progress toward re-establishing my scrap room (we moved in Nov and I'm just getting to the task).

All the this talk and purchasing of G45 sent me in a tail spin to make it easy to find what I want with all those paper without digging through large package of 25 sheet each.

I took a couple of old, chap albums from garage sales that I hold printed paper in (one for each holiday or event). I added posts and extra page protectors. I placed 4 sheets in each protector of each paper, than added Heritage/Vintage looking paper from other sources in the back of one of the books.

Now, all I have to do is take these two albums with me on a retreat when I am working on heritage albums.

I feel accomplished and have a big smile on my face. YAY!

Page 3 of 4 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics