Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: Ever Buy A Product and Then Can't Figure Out Why???        (Topic#1586043)
t-scraps
Expert
t-scraps

Embossing and Debossing Templates

Every buy something and then later wonder why? I saw these demonstrated a few years ago and thought they were so cool, but have yet to use any of these templates. I don't make cards; anybody have any samples of layouts to share? Thanks!

Diva
In response to t-scraps

So true!

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to bayamonesa1

I have bought things and never used them

As far as the embossing templates....just use them on photo mats or around journalling spots or use the circle ones and use them as flower centres or badges.....I can see lots of uses!
Here is a page where I embossed the papers under the photos....

Fall Walk By Kiyawinn

Alison

scraplady4life
Veteran
scraplady4life
In response to kiyawinn

I have tons of embossing folders but I never liked the debossing ones. I have used them on layouts to add texture to my lettering or to emboss cordinations cardstock to add to a layout. I haven't done it in such a long time though. But I make cards and use them a lot for that reason. Oh and they work great too for diecuts to add to a layout. I will have to make some new layouts using them when my space is finished.

OlesyaK.
Diva
OlesyaK.
In response to t-scraps

Are they the kind that have holes all the way through? I have a couple Fiskars embossing templates, bought them to use as masking with chalk inks, or sprays/mists. You can try that ..

Vallee
Vallee 
Pro
Vallee
In response to OlesyaK.

I have tons of misc embellies that I love in the package and think I will use and then once I get them home....nothing! I stick them in a drawer or container and forget all about them. I am also an impulse/sale buyer. I like to buy things on sale thinking I will find a use for it just because it's on sale. I could probably make a couple hunderd dollars if I sold some of my stuff but I might need it...LOL!

Unique scrapper
Veteran
Unique scrapper
In response to Vallee

how about we trade the stuff that I bought that I might need for the stuff that you bought that you might need? The bad thing is that most of the stuff might be the same thing. LOL

cdsqueen
Expert
cdsqueen
In response to Unique scrapper

My local SB store is currently having a "scrapbook yard sale" that I am selling mine at. If felt the same way about those and have never used them (maybe I am doing them wrong). I decided it's time to get rid of them. I'm sure I will regret it later just like everything else I get rid of... clothes, shoes etc

idlewoman
Veteran
idlewoman
In response to t-scraps

I have glimmer mist and I loved it at first but now forget to use it. And I used to use tons of eyelets and brads but rarely do so now. I just go through cycles with things it seems. I haven't bought any embossing plates or machine because I am afraid I won't use it!

Nezy
Nezy 
Veteran
Nezy
  • Nezy on 03-18-13 03:19 PM
In response to idlewoman

im guilty of NEEDing something and then it gets shoved in a drawer...well, im going on a scrapbook retreat w a pal and decided to challenge myself to create a mini album with NEEDFUL things that never get used! wish me luck!
enjoy ur scrapping with the NEEDful things! LOL!

NoirCat
Guru
NoirCat
In response to t-scraps

Lions, tigers and bears, OH MY do I have stuff that I wonder "really what did I need that for?" I have moved 4 times in three states and every time I have to pack my scrapping stuff and crafting stuff I find something that I just don't know why I thought it was a good purchase. Even stuff that I got on sale, because even if you got it cheap, if it is not used, it is not worth the money. ie. a ribbon iron about 7 or 8 years ago that never actually made it out of the package and was on 75% off when I bought it -- such a waste of space and money.

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to NoirCat

I have not purchased much that I have Not used, or I should say Won't use. I am trying to be careful. I did purchase these fiskars things early on because I had no plans to buy a die cuting tool, but then OF COURSE I got my Grand Calibur.

I should use them, I just forget about it!
Products Referenced in This Post:

samaclean
Tenant
samaclean
In response to CrimsonMama

I was oddly drawn to birds at some point. I have papers and a whole bunch of embellishments with birds on them. Different styles, lots of color variation... But I have yet to ues a single piece of anything out of it. I don't know what to do with it!?!? I still like it though, I just don't see any of it fitting in my albums.

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to samaclean

I LOVE birds. Haven't used a lot yet but I hoard some things.

animemama
Veteran
animemama
In response to CrimsonMama

I HAD to have that Making Memories (?) tag maker thing, where you can put metal rims around custom tags. The metal rims look ok, they're a little flimsy and don't look quite as nice as pre-made metal-rimmed tags, but the tool is hard to use and mashes them up and bends them, so I just use my eyelet-setting hammer on the very rare occasions when I make one. Mostly the kit just sits in its box under my table.

Unique scrapper
Veteran
Unique scrapper
In response to animemama

I forgot that I have one of those also. Thanks (I think) for reminding me that there is one in one of my drawers just waiting to be used.

animemama
Veteran
animemama
In response to Unique scrapper

happy birthday!

lol, like I said, the rims turn out better if you use a small hammer to gently press (not pound) them flat. At least that's how it works for me; maybe I'm just doing it wrong with the press.

dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch
In response to animemama

Oh yeh, the tag-maker, the brad-maker, something called "Perfect Layers" that I saw demo'd on QVC or something and HAD to have... Unfortunately, my list could go on and on! I need to take a car load to my LSS garage sale next month!

andrea m
Diva
andrea m
In response to dwelch

yes especially when i first started. I would buy stuff just beacause it wason sale. Now I am much pickier about what i invest in.

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to andrea m

Yes!! The Sizzix Paddle Punch.......and several punches to go with it, of course.

Why? Just why?!

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics