Page 2 of 2 
Username Post: Scrapbook space...do you think storage/clutter stops you from scrapbooking?        (Topic#1586051)
scrapchica
Guru
scrapchica
In response to KellyCali

Yes. My old desk had so much stored it was a tower of mismatched furniture. Now with my simplistic table and everything else tucked away in the closet (see my gallery for further explanation) I feel so much happier being in there and have been getting a lot more done!

cdsqueen
Expert
cdsqueen
In response to KellyCali

We are currently having a "scrapbook yard sale" at my local sb store. I cleaned up my office not to long ago and once again for this event. I love it but I know that it won't last long I don't like to put things away because it ruins my train of thought. I don't like all the baskets and clutter that I have and am always looking for different ways to store things. Right now I am on the hunt for a place to put all my stickers that I currently have stacked up in a basket on my scrapbook table area.

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to cdsqueen

• cdsqueen Said:
I don't like all the baskets and clutter that I have and am always looking for different ways to store things. Right now I am on the hunt for a place to put all my stickers that I currently have stacked up in a basket on my scrapbook table area.

(Depending on how many you have), have you ever thought about or tried using binders?

You can file them according to either theme or product.

cdsqueen
Expert
cdsqueen
In response to KellyCali

I have one of those purple and black binders but it doesn't fit anywhere plus I'm the type that likes things out for viewing/clutter pleasure

scraplady4life
Veteran
scraplady4life
In response to KellyCali

I went with a binder system too for my stickers. I loved it because you could turn the page and see what you had. I believe that binder system was also a cropper hopper product too, it had divided pockets and all that for different sticker sheets. But since the move I store my stickers in a turquoise bin on my desk using the sticker keeper pockets. I sort them by color and by theme. I don't have many themed stickers most of the ones that I have are letter stickers.

cescrapper
Expert
cescrapper
In response to KellyCali

organization is the key to a happy scrapping area. i know i want to redo my whole storage system but don't have any idea how to.

on the SCrapRack site i saw these pages called Flip its or something like that I'l love to get some to organize my cards and cards in progress.

oh well.

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to cescrapper

Yes, yes and yes!
Similar to most others here, I guess....I clean up after each project and can't scrap if there's a mess (I make quite a mess when I scrap, tho)
I purge 1-2 times per year....I sell stuff in LSS yard sale and/or donate to our local children's hospital.

I NEED to organize so everything in my space is organized and labelled...
I keep my most used items close to the desk area and then I have an Expedit bookcase for storage and another bookcase that I store all my stuff on....

Alison

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to kiyawinn

For those of you looking for a binder system....
I wanted something to store my tags in (yes, I have a lot of them with different themes!) and decided to use stuff I had on hand.....
The TH pocket pages fit inside the Bazzill chipboard albums (so do the QuicKutz ones) so I decorated the front with some pretty patterned paper and labelled all the pockets inside and voila!
I have a perfect little binder that sits on the shelf of my bookcase labelled, "TAGS".....
and it cost less than some of the other systems!

Alison

chocolateaxel
Diva
chocolateaxel
In response to kiyawinn

I think I must be the odd scrapper out here, lol. Although about once a month or so, I do a major clean in my room and put everything in it's place, once I start a project my room and scrap table become a total wreck and I just work through the chaos until the next cleaning spree. The chaos doesn't bother me, but once it gets to the point that I'm afraid of a major avalanche, then I clean it up, lol.

animemama
Veteran
animemama
In response to chocolateaxel

I have to keep my space tidy because I use the same table for scrapbooking and for writing. I keep all my paper in those Cropper Hopper things (like magazine holders but sized for 12x12 paper), my kits in a couple of the 12x12 (or slightly larger) priority mail boxes they came in, my stickers and die cuts in binders, and odds and ends in a couple of plastic drawer units. I've found that when I have to put everything away when I'm done, I actually get more done because there's room on the table to work.

Cricutgirlg
Expert
Cricutgirlg
In response to KellyCali

I love what you are doing with your scrap room. I'm sure once you are finish you will be inspired to create. I love an orderly scraproom and everything has a place and things must go back. I use sticker stands to keep my area organized and nest, I must see what I have. I also purchased a black high boy that fits my 12 x 12 paper and I love hiding my finished LOs in it. I have a small one and 1 tall one, I'd love to add another one. I recently tweaked it , but adding a big sticker stand that holds a lot! Pictures of my room are in my Gallery, Good luck with your room.

cindy71
Resident
cindy71
In response to Cricutgirlg

If I am in the middle of a short-term project (this week it's a mini album for my bonus mom's birthday), I never tidy up, with the exception of cleaning up scraps that mysteriously jump off my desk to the floor. I leave out the paints and inks and piles I'm using because if I move anything or put it away, I am likely to forget it had a purpose in the current project. If I'm just scrapbooking pages that go into my album, I clean up the end of every day.

I have a designated space in the corner of our bedroom with storage that started out being sufficient and is now bursting at the seams....the longer you scrap, the more you have, and the more you have, the more you need, right?

KDQ
KDQ 
Guru
KDQ
  • KDQ on 03-18-13 11:47 AM
In response to KellyCali

I totaly think space affects the mood. Before I got married I lived with my parents and had a big bedroom. I had my dad build me custom shelves in my room and turned it into a scrapbooking paradise. When I got married, my hubby and I moved into a small appartment. For a long time all of my scrap goodies were stored away. If I wanted to scrap it turned into a big thing, pulling out everything , not finding what I needed,and then the clean up after was just not worth it! My hubby let me take over the closet in our hallway- it is not huge but I was able to take down the bar and put in jetmax cubes. Now that I have everything organized I am a scrapaholic lol.

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KDQ

Well, it (literally) took me all day (from 9am - 5pm) to clean out my scrapbooking closet, but I'm happy to report that it's not only clean, but organized!

Thank You for this thread & topic. It gave me just the push & inspiration I needed to finally set aside some time & get it done!

{Scrap Space 2013} By KellyCali

bj074
bj074 
Tenant
bj074
  • bj074 on 03-26-13 05:36 PM
In response to KellyCali

I love your room!, I am currently trying to organize my space. Thanks for the inspiration!

SJB1120
Expert
SJB1120
In response to bj074

My scrap room is currently a closet. As in, everything is in a closet and when I want to use it I go rummaging. Hoping to set something up in my new living space when I move in August. We shall see!

cescrapper
Expert
cescrapper
In response to KellyCali

If I did I'd e in big trouble and never get anything done

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to chocolateaxel

• chocolateaxel Said:
I think I must be the odd scrapper out here, lol. Although about once a month or so, I do a major clean in my room and put everything in it's place, once I start a project my room and scrap table become a total wreck and I just work through the chaos until the next cleaning spree. The chaos doesn't bother me, but once it gets to the point that I'm afraid of a major avalanche, then I clean it up, lol.

Ok I've now met my sister, I'm the most messy scrapper in the world and like you scrap until it overwhelms me then I clean up. I'm in the middle of a big clean up right now.....and I can't find anything I've been moving stuff and reorganizing.

disneylisa
Mayor
disneylisa
In response to animemama

Absolutely. My area has finally hit a critical point where the amount of supplies I have is excessive and between too many options and clutter, I can't get much done. My idea of clean is merely enough space to get things done but I can't even get to that level lately. I literally need to put my cutting board on my lap and use that as a flat space. It has definitely affected my scrapping.

Page 2 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics