Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: Digital photo books        (Topic#1586055)
Tenant

I was wondering if anyone has done the digital photo book like WalMart does? I have pictures fron a 3 week vacation to South Africa and thought of making a book with them. Any places that do good or bad work? Any help is much appreciated.

scrapchica
Guru
scrapchica
In response to Homemaid

I've used Shutterfly's hard cover photo books in the past for gifts. Really happy with them.

Tenant
In response to scrapchica

I will check it out... Thank you....

bears99
Diva
bears99
In response to Homemaid

I have used both shutterfly and snapfish and I like them both. I have used snapfish more and I really like them...both hard cover and soft cover. Right now they have a coupon going on.

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 03-16-13 10:06 AM
In response to bears99

I haven't done any yet, but my husband's son is a professional photographer and he's been using Picaboo. Just another option

KatieJo
Mayor
KatieJo
In response to stick

I've used both Shutterfly and Snapfish and they are both nice... especially when they have coupons.

Tenant
In response to KatieJo

Ok thank you all for your input I will check them out....

charK
charK 
Mayor
charK
  • charK on 03-17-13 12:34 PM
In response to Homemaid

I have mine printed at Costco! I do all my own scrap pages and then load them in a book.

If you are looking for a drop and drag kind of book then I would use smilebox.

Tenant
In response to charK

I know nothing about doing one. But thought it would be a great way to display our trip. I need all the help I can get.

OlesyaK.
Diva
OlesyaK.
In response to Homemaid

I've used 3 different services, including shutterfly and two Canadian sites. One thing that I find common is that the quality of the book is fairly the same in all of them, it's the contents that count. And to that effect, every site has it's own creative system - some I like more, others I like less. They have different options for selecting background colors, embellies, photo editing effects, etc. Last time I checked, Walmart puts your pics in a premade book and you don't get much choice in arranging and editing. I'd say, if you want a good book, register on a couple websites and try putting a few pages together - you'll see the difference quickly.

animemama
Veteran
animemama
In response to OlesyaK.

I did a Shutterfly one for my in-laws for Christmas. I just did the easy one, where it automatically arranges the photos for you, then you can go in and adjust them and add captions as desired. I didn't even do that; my in-laws aren't all that sharp any more and I thought it would be good for them to have to talk about and try to remember everything that's in the pictures (we know and have records of who, what, when, etc). I didn't want to put a lot of work into it because they don't treat things very carefully. The scrapbook I made for them several years ago ended up on the floor coming apart with stuff spilled on it. The hardcover Shutterfly book was really easy, and came out nice, and we had a coupon so it wasn't very expensive.

Tenant
In response to animemama

Well I done my first shutterfly photo book last night. I done a 30 page 12x12 hard cover of our Africa trip. Now I can't wait for it to come. I tried the easy method but wasn't liking the order it had my photos. So I arranged it myself. I was shocked at how long it actually took me to get it done. Now I wish it was here....

scrapchica
Guru
scrapchica
In response to Homemaid

Yay! Hope it's better than imagined!

Tenant

I got an email today it has already been shipped....

Tenant
In response to Homemaid

Well I received my book today. There is a 1 inch long dent right in the middle of the front cover.;( I am not to happy with that....

scrapchica
Guru
scrapchica
In response to Homemaid

You said it was Shutterfly? Call or email them. They should replace with no problem. I had some damaged items once and called and had no issues getting replaced at no cost. That seriously stinks tho. That's abnormal I think-I order from them 1/2 times every 3 months. Hope they fix it fast.

Tenant

I called shutterfly and they are making me a new book. Not sure how long before it will get done. So glad they are replacing it....

kajunkat
Idol
kajunkat
In response to Homemaid

yea, Shutterfly, my daughter mad me one for Christmas. She prefers digital scrappin and I prefer traditional. It came out wonderful. And I also get my pictures printed from them. Wonderful services so far.

scrapchica
Guru
scrapchica
In response to Homemaid

Boo for having to wait longer, but yay for replacing! Sorry you had a bad experience.

Tenant

Well I received my new book yesterday... We were not home and it poured rain most of the day. The Fed Ex guy left my book on the front deck.... What is wrong with people.... The cardboard was very damp but the book seemed to be ok. I will be checking it out well....

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics