Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: Titles        (Topic#1586063)
Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956

Does anyone else spell words the wrong way on purpose on their title? I just did a layout and spelled Draw Bridge (Drawl Bridge) and then told the story as that's how it sounds in our part of the state.

Being from the very very southern tip on Ohio we have the WV, VA, KY sounding speech does that make sense. I wanted to tell the story in such a way that people could hear the speech too.

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to Sneezy1956

Yes, I've done the same thing on earlier layouts about my son.....made a title the way HE says it..
It's part of the story and I think it's fine!

(fyi....draw bridge is actually all one word....drawbridge)

Alison

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to kiyawinn

LOL See I messed up that any way Glad I'm not the only one

The Biscuit Scraps
Resident
The Biscuit Scraps

Yes and this thread just gave me an idea for a layout for my DD when she was little. I'm working on the 1980's for both my children (now in their 30's and having babies). She used to call a sponge a SPUNCH. I have the Sponge Bob Square Pants Cricut cart. Something with him and her pronunciation.

I just finished one with my DGS using the title and character from that cart. We call him Sponge Bon NO Pants when he is running around in his diaper. My DIL loves that one.

DS called Apple Juice "Bapple Juice"...did not mispronounce that many, but one per child's album will be cute.

Thanks! ;-)

950nancy
Diva
950nancy
In response to The Biscuit Scraps

My son called them You See 'Ems. The rest of us said museum. I like his way better.

Momto3infinity
Pro
Momto3infinity
In response to 950nancy

Too cute, my DS had five words he mispronounced. I was the only one who knew what he was saying, it was so funny, I had to scrap the memory.

Here's the LO if you're interested:

MJNP34 By Momto3infinity

PaulaB102
Tenant
PaulaB102
In response to Momto3infinity

Oooh, oooh! Now I have to do a page about 'boy-cheese' sandwiches! When offered grilled-cheese sandwiches for lunch, my(then)4-yr-old son asked if he could have a boy-cheese sandwich instead:-)

Veteran

When my Grandson got a mohawk haircut. Right before we took family pictures in the Fall.When I went to scrapbook the picture I decided to title it Punkin Time.I thought it was a cool title.

idlewoman
Veteran
idlewoman

YES, I have done this. I think it gives the page so much more character as well as preserving the memory. I have a zoo page with my GS making a face and his 'claws' up saying "The Yion says" because that is how he said it.

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to idlewoman

Thanks all! We have a very distinct accent in my part of Ohio. so draw gets drawllled out Thanks all I'm glad I helped all of you!

dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch

Yep. When she was little, my granddaughter's favorite toy was her "Melmo" (Elmo). I have a Melmo page.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 03-17-13 01:29 PM
In response to 950nancy

• 950nancy Said:
My son called them You See 'Ems. The rest of us said museum. I like his way better.

This is hilarious and so cute! I like his version too.

This whole thread is cracking me up. I don't have kids so I enjoy hearing the "darndest things" yours say.

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to Vae

Here's a layout I did with all the words my son used to say (it's an older layout)...

Words By Kiyawinn

Jarvae, the funniest one, I think, was when he was learning to say "excuse me"...it came out sounding like "freaky"! DH thought this was funny so after he or DS passed gas, they would say "freaky" instead of excuse me!
Well, one day I was in the library with my son who was about 3 at the time, in the stacks looking for a book and there was a man in the same aisle. You guessed it...the man passed gas, a little loudly, and my son, yelled, not quietly, but yelled, "FREAKY!!"....
I turned beet red and ran for the hills.....

Alison

cindy71
Resident
cindy71
In response to kiyawinn

I did one two-page spread devoted to the way my kids said things growing up...so we had Farmer John Cheese, the Entire State Building, and "this pork is good chicken." One of my favorite pages ever.

samaclean
Tenant
samaclean
In response to cindy71

I have a couple pages that refer to Libby's "Eye Blashes". They were very important to her for a while. And her second birthday theme was "Elbo"... you know the little red Sesame Street monster. Several people who have seen those pages commented that I spelled them wrong, or that it was incorrect in some other manner, but the journaling proves me right.

animemama
Veteran
animemama
In response to samaclean

I like lolcats (the captioned photos of cats/other animals with silly misspelled captions) so I often title layouts of my cats using that style of spelling and also common catchphrases. For example, I had a picture of one of our cats washing my son's kitten and making a funny face, and titled it "U Haz A Flavr"

Silly, and future generations probably won't get it, but it makes me happy

KDQ
KDQ 
Guru
KDQ
  • KDQ on 03-18-13 11:36 AM
In response to animemama

Cute idea!

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to KDQ

I've so enjoyed reading this thread I've even been thinking of what my grand kids have said and also my youngest had a big big time trouble with Truck. Needless to say it came out as something else. We were in Kroger's once when he saw a truck and started screaming truck truck but it came out as something else. think I'm going to have to scrap about that

kajunkat
Idol
kajunkat

oh yea ... when it calls for it .. it helps tell the story the way it is intended

animemama
Veteran
animemama
In response to animemama

Ok, here's a layout I did with funny cat spelling in the title.
Purpol Munkee

Edited by animemama on 03-20-13 09:29 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics