Username Post: i'm ging in        (Topic#1586067)
cescrapper
Expert
cescrapper

I enjoy making cards. However lately i've been putting some here and some there and then i forget where I put a certain set, it's getting cray. so first i went to all my hidng places and put all my finished cards in page protectors in a binder that i have. okay that's done.

Next I'm going to clear off my scrap table sort out all those card "Parts" on the table and see what happens. It will get me more cards but i use them.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to cescrapper

you're telling me,,,I'm cleaning out my storage cupboards and I've tossed away probably 50 cards, and put aside probably 100 cards,,,

like SERIOUSLY???????? And I'm NOT DONE YET!

where were these cards when I wanted one for someone?

ScrappyMama6
Mayor
ScrappyMama6
In response to CommaHolly

Hey!! "Toss" those 50 cards my way!!!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to ScrappyMama6

Oh Teresa, honey they were the ugliest cards

ScrappyMama6
Mayor
ScrappyMama6

LOL!!!

cescrapper
Expert
cescrapper
In response to ScrappyMama6

LOL my early cards were AWFUL i have improved over time but i'm not quite where I'd like to be. but hey, I use them.

I have done quite well with my project so far.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 03-17-13 01:26 PM

So you make cards and then keep them? I'm not a card maker... I've now made 3 cards in my whole life (all this year) but I made them with the intention to give them to specific people. Do you make cards just to have them handy and give when you need them? Or make them with the intent to keep them? I'm trying to figure out the card making so I know if it's something I want to pursue and I always feel like I'm missing something that inspires people to make all these cards.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Vae

I make cards because I want to make cards and I like to make cards,,,,,

many I use,,,,,,,many I do not LOL

some of the ones I don't use I give away to people who will use them,,,,,,,,

some of them just pile up until I rip them apart to take off bows and stickpins and just toss them.

fknapoleon
Pro
fknapoleon

I make cards to have them on tap. Then when I need one, I have one. I make them just for fun too. You never know when you need a card and don't want to run to the store. Plus I do a challenge on here for cardmaking. It's fun and uses up those fun cards you made just because.

gin1902
Diva
gin1902
In response to fknapoleon

I like making cards for a specific person. For me it's a nice small size project to do.

Edited by gin1 on 03-17-13 03:51 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

nadiasmom
Resident
nadiasmom
In response to gin1902

I dont make cards. But I like them a lot, so I buy stamps and supplies that would be great to make cards with....and I say to myself one day I will make cards....LOL. I need an intervention.

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to nadiasmom

I make cards when I need them. I make Christmas cards and Birthday cards mainly but I've made a few "just because" cards and Thank you cards etc.. to send to people.
It's a fun thing to do with my son....he likes cutting stuff out and gluing so we'll make a card together to send it to his Auntie or Nana....
everyone likes getting mail (that's not bills)!

Alison

cescrapper
Expert
cescrapper
In response to kiyawinn

make cards because the ideas just flow. i use them for birthdays for my pen pal newsleter.

i also use them to send to a woman who sends them to the troops.

They don't go to waste.

KDQ
KDQ 
Guru
KDQ
  • KDQ on 03-18-13 11:49 AM

When I make cards I put them in a shoe box so when I need to write one out I have them all in one place.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics