Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: How often do you look?        (Topic#1586077)
dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch

How often do you actually get out all the albums you've done and just look through them? I don't think to do this very often, and am always amazed at seeing pages I'd forgotten I even did.

ChansGram
Queen
ChansGram
In response to dwelch

I never do. I make them for my DGD's and just for the sake of a hobby. So I never get them out to look, altho, the girls will at times. But now and then I may look at some of my pages in my gallery or on my comp.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to dwelch

Just yesterday my husband wanted to look through the album from our trip to Washington last year, so we spent a while looking at that. I look at the pictures of my layouts now and then.

Shutterbugg
Idol
Shutterbugg
In response to aquabunny

Every now and then I will pull them out and spend some time looking at them. I tend to do this alot with our 2011 and 2012 Project life albums because we documented every day life, every single day and it is actually helpful to be able to go back and see when certain things happened. I also documented new recipes we tried those 2 years and I have gone back to re-make some of the recipes. Also, I have some albums that are "in progress" and when the mood strikes me to work on pictures from those albums, I will go look at what I already did and that motivates me to add more to those albums.

olleharr
Mayor
olleharr
In response to Shutterbugg

Hardly ever. Kinda sad huh?

idlewoman
Veteran
idlewoman
In response to dwelch

Not often enough. I look through them when I start adding pages to the albums because I like to keep them chronological if that is possible. When I do look a them I enjoy seeing what I have done and how my style has changes over time.

The Biscuit Scraps
Resident
The Biscuit Scraps
In response to olleharr

I look at mine pretty often. I go through to see if I need to update anything or create another page for that particular album.

I only have a few finished ones, since I work on 4 or 5 albums at a time. I get tire of working on one thing all the time, so I have a lot going.

My DGS LOVES to look at his...and that is one of the reasons I make them.

My suggestion is to have one on an end table or coffee table and keep them rotated so you have a different one to look at every month or two.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 03-17-13 01:24 PM
In response to The Biscuit Scraps

My older ones are in desperate need of updating. I have a bunch of other pictures I've found, and over the years I've kind of just shoved the loose pictures in with the album they belong to, with the intention of scrapping them "one day". So now if I go to look in them, all this stuff flies out. So I don't look very often. But I did bring them out last year to show my sister, and I have showed friends and my husband some of my older albums. I can't help but want to redo so many of the pages though and it makes me overwhelmed so I don't look often.

The album I'm working on now is my wedding album, and I plan to actually finish that one and then keep it out to show people.

bj074
bj074 
Tenant
bj074
  • bj074 on 03-17-13 02:38 PM
In response to Vae

My boyfriend actually gets them out and looks at them. He likes to see the trips we have went on and the pictures from the trips

scrapchica
Guru
scrapchica
In response to bj074

Agreed-not often enough! Sometimes I look back and think wow, I did this!?

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty
In response to scrapchica

Fairly often
We host 7 Japanese college students and when they come over, they often want to look at albums.

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to Here Kitty

Put me in the "not very often" category....
I'm like Jarvae, I guess...when I look at them, I want to redo all the pages so I don't look very often!
I plan on scrapping an album of our trip to New Zealand and when I do that, I'll probably leave it out for people to look at....

Alison

animemama
Veteran
animemama
In response to kiyawinn

Not often enough! Not long ago, I went back through them to get lists of things my boys were interested in through elementary school (I was doing layouts with all of their school pics on them) and it was so much fun! There were so many things I'd forgotten about. (Like the assignment to make an insect collection for school, and my son was afraid of bugs!) I'm really glad I had scrapbooked those things while I still remembered them.

prittb
prittb 
Diva
prittb
In response to animemama

I do not go through them as often as I should also.

PhotobearSam
Idol
PhotobearSam
In response to dwelch

I still don't have that many completed albums....I have the competed 2009 trip album to Pigeon Forge, Nashville and Memphis. I have gotten that one out a few times.
I have one started for my cats and since I lost one cat in 2011 at age 19 and one cat in 2012 at age 20, it's actually hard to look at them right now.
I'm just about finished our 2010 album except for a trip to Atlanta that I plan to do at a 3 day crop in May and I am 1/2 way done 2011 trip to Disney with Friends....I am sooooo behind.

I look at old album quite a lot so I imagine I will look at my creations quite often.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 03-18-13 07:57 AM
In response to PhotobearSam

Alison, let me know when you start your NZ album. I need to start mine as well... maybe I can "join" you and I'll finally get something done. LOL!

OlesyaK.
Diva
OlesyaK.
In response to Vae

once a month, when I have my PMS ))) LOL )))
I get sensitive and sentimental, and pull out one album or another, just for the mood....

Mama2Thomas
Pro
Mama2Thomas
In response to OlesyaK.

I often look whenever I finish and put away a current layout (whenever I'm on a roll, that could be as often as once a week). For some reason, that alone triggers me to look through other albums in sight. Also I tend to look back at layouts of past events whenever we have something upcoming. For example, when Christmas time rolls around, I look back at older Christmas layouts to see how big my DS has gotten.

KDQ
KDQ 
Guru
KDQ
  • KDQ on 03-18-13 11:37 AM
In response to Mama2Thomas

My neice likes to look through the pages I've done. She is only 2 so she likes to point at the pictures and say whos in them.

NoirCat
Guru
NoirCat
In response to dwelch

True, I love the hobby. However, I rarely look through my own albums. I know that it is mostly my family and friends who go through the ablums. I have most of them in my living room on a low shelving unit we purchased at IKEA. It serves as our coffee table, so the albums are quite handy to anyone in there.

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics