Username Post: New To Forum        (Topic#1586101)
crichards1
Veteran
crichards1

Hello, I'm new to this forum but not to scrapbooking. I haven't scrapbooked in about five years and recently decided to pick it up again. I have an older K&Company Bella scrapbook album with the papers and stickers to coordinate. It's a beautiful pattern. I'm scrapbooking a heritage album.

I realize that I need a better organizational system. I'm looking at the Cropper Hopper Vertical Storage Pack, which is out of stock. I also found the Cropper Hopper Vertical Variety Pack, which I could purchase with extra Dividers.

I have two questions:
1) How long does it usually take something to come back in stock on this website?
2) Does anyone have either of these packs, and how do you like them? I have lots of paper that I need to organize by color and theme.

This seems like a great website with lots of helpful info. I've already signed up for a free class. I'm not creative enough with my scrapbooks and need some help. There seem to be lots of new scrapbooking tools available since I've worked on one.

Thanks very much,
Carol

Edited by crichards1 on 03-18-13 03:53 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to crichards1

Sometimes, "Out of Stock - Expected Soon" means it shows up in a week. But sometimes, it's just the filler status for a product they haven't yet had the chance to update the page as "discontinued."

The Biscuit Scraps
Resident
The Biscuit Scraps

Carol, I love Cropper Hopper storage. I'm slowly expanding my collection of cases and, what I call, kit files. I make kits for crops so I don't have to take so much paper and embellies.

Welcome! I'm back after being away from the forum for a while. I hope you make a comfortable nest here. Scrapbook.com is a wonderful site.

Edited by The Biscuit Scraps on 03-18-13 09:36 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to The Biscuit Scraps

Hi Carol and welcome to the neighborhood!!

I'm sure you'll get lots of opinions on the cropper hopper storage as it is very popular, but while you're waiting, if you go to the product page in the store here, you'll see reviews from people who own it.

I keep my papers on a display dynamics rack. I have 2 stacks on a double wheeled base so I can bring it out to my table and roll it back when I'm done.

Have fun getting back into the swing

Edited by Kim222 on 03-18-13 06:59 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to Kim222

Hi Carol and welcome!
I used to have that system (or one very similar) when I first started in scrapbooking but I quickly outgrew it. You have to have a lot of them to sort a lot of paper....
I currently have 21 categories of paper, that includes colours of cardstock and patterned paper as well as themes of patterned paper!
I find the shelf type storage works much better for me and takes up less space...

Alison

Jessica_
Guru
Jessica_
In response to kiyawinn

The Cropper Hopper organization and storage items are being replenished very soon. SO... definitely sign up for email notification.

crichards1
Veteran
crichards1
In response to Jessica_

Thanks everyone for your replies. Kim22, your system with the Display Dynamics rack sounds wonderful. I don't think I'm ready for that yet. Jessica, thanks for letting me know that the Cropper Hopper system will be in soon.

SherylEb
Idol
SherylEb

Welcome Carol and wanted to say those are beautiful dogs in the avatar.

I have some of the copper hopper storage. I use a paper holder for all my Tim Holtz papers, and one for what I call nothing in particular patterned paper. You know those sheets that you just loved and bought but not the entire line, and don't usually use that specific manufacturer. My cardstock I have in wood horizontal storage that I turned sideways. Now it's vertical right above my area.

This is a good place to hang out. Watch the banner at the top, there is a different special every day. You just missed free shipping day last week.

I use the page arrangers for manufacturers that I usually buy. Then I'll use them for projects too. One will hold heritage stuff, one will be travel, pets, etc. those all set in a big square basket on the floor.

crichards1
Veteran
crichards1
In response to SherylEb

Thanks for the compliment on my avatar, Cheryl. The black and tan dog is a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, and the black and white is a Japanese Chin.

I ended up ordering the Cropper Hopper Variety Pack (Paper Holder, Page Arrangers and Paper Files) with extra Dividers. I hope they come soon!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics