Username Post: Can a Cuttlebug Use Tim Holtz dyes?        (Topic#1586113)
claine1
New Kid On the Block
claine1

I have a cuttlebug and would like to know if I can use the Tim Holtz alterations dyes on it? Or do I have to purchase the Big Shot Machine to use them. I really don't want to get another machine so I hope they are compatible. On the product descriptions, it states that the Tim Holtz dyes are only compatible on the Big Shot or Big Kick and requires the use of cutting pads. Do the cutting pads need to also be purchased? I really want to try the TH dyes!!
Products Referenced in This Post:

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty
In response to claine1

Just search "Tim Holtz Alterations in Cuttlebug?" on Bing or another search engine and videos pop up that show you how to do it.

Edited by Here Kitty on 03-18-13 11:59 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

chocolateaxel
Diva
chocolateaxel
In response to claine1

I have a Cuttlebug and have several Tim Holtz dies. So far I haven't had to buy any additional plates to use with them, but there are a couple of the narrow 12" dies I'd like to have, I would need the 12" plates to use with those. As long as the die isn't too wide for the Cuttlebug, it will work. Good luck!

claine1
New Kid On the Block
claine1
In response to chocolateaxel

Thank you so much. I thought I would have to buy another die machine. Am ordering a Tim Holtz die as we speak.

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty
In response to chocolateaxel

• chocolateaxel Said:
there are a couple of the narrow 12" dies I'd like to have, I would need the 12" plates to use with those.

Actually, You don't need them. you can just do one side, flip them over and then cut the other side. I do this with 12 inch Spellbinder dies in my Cuttlebug.

3left feet
Idol
3left feet
In response to Here Kitty

Thanks for sharing the info! Can you or have you used Timmy's Alterations in a Spellbinders?

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to 3left feet

The spellbinders machines cannot take anything thicker than a wafer-thin die, sorry - and even the thinnest of the Alterations dies (the decorative strips) are, I believe, too thick for it.

Diva
In response to aquabunny

This is wonderful to know!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics