Username Post: Double sided adhesive        (Topic#1586127)
lgtaylor100
Diva
lgtaylor100

I like to use double sided adhesive because it sticks really well. Invariably after I have been using it for a day or two the adhesive becomes loose from the roll (either top or bottom). I can't refasten it so the roll is wasted. I have wasted a lot of money this way so I want to find out what I am doing wrong or why the tape becomes unusable. Thanks for your help.

Lynne

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to lgtaylor100

What type of adhesive is it, specifically?

I'm having a hard time imagining what you're describing.

Most of the adhesive tapes I've used, come in some sort of dispenser. There's no need (or way) to re-stick it to the roll.

lgtaylor100
Diva
lgtaylor100
In response to Bxr-Linda

They do come in a dispenser, but the tape becomes loose from the roll and then is unusable.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny

I think what she's asking when she says "what type" is "what brand?" Is it something you could link people to here in the scrapbook.com store? Or can you at least tell us the brand and product name? It's very hard to help people when they don't give enough information for us to even guess at the right answer.

lgtaylor100
Diva
lgtaylor100
In response to aquabunny

I have used several types and several brands but mostly Scotch(3M). I don't think the problem is the brand but something I am doing wrong when I use the product. I know this is a complex question without seeing what I am talking about but I do appreciate your efforts.

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda

I think without seeing it, it's hard to tell.

I was using Hermafix dotto, and gave up on it, because the rolls were becoming problematic.

Again... hard to explain in writing. It was almost as if the take-up spool wasn't rolling at the same rate as the new adhesive, so tape would bunch up.

I would have to open the dispenser, take the used tape off the roll, cut the tape, and re thread on the take-up roller.

It was happening so frequently, that the frustration level was not worth it anymore.

Here's a video (at the end) that shows the dispenser I'm talking about. http://www.scrapbook.com/videos/55.html

If it's the same type of problem, you may be able to take the used tape off and re-thread, without wasting the whole roll?

Products Referenced in This Post:

Unique scrapper
Veteran
Unique scrapper
In response to Bxr-Linda

glad to see (sadly) that I am not the only one that has problems, sometimes with the tape take up reels.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics