Username Post: Start a new threa & let's get this board moving!        (Topic#1586151)
The Biscuit Scraps
Resident
The Biscuit Scraps

I've been away from here for a while, but came back to chat about scrapbooking. The board sure is moving slowly.

To keep the board moving, we have to start threads, even if it is about something WE personally know about. I don't need information about how to store my paper, but I can share it and ask others what they do. Seem like an old worn out topic, but newbies don't think so.

Here are some other ideas:
Do you use the B sides of paper more than the A side?

Do you scrap muliple photos or just one? Why?

What is something you have used of late that is an old trend?

What's your newest (to you) Cricut cart and why did you buy it?

What's on your Cricut Bucket List?

9,000 questions to ask, lots of chit chat about our favorite hobby...not enough people starting new conversations.

Keep pumping this thread up to keep people inspired to "Start a New Thread". ;-)

cescrapper
Expert
cescrapper
In response to The Biscuit Scraps

i scrap multi photos on a page Why not? Gives it some interest.

If there is one particular photo that you want to highlight i can see that but if not why not scrap more than one photo on a page.

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn

- probably about 50/50....I use whichever side I like the best and I'm not always sure which side the manufacturer would refer to as the "A" side!

- both....depends on the layout/story and how many pics I have...sometimes I do just one pic but more often, I do multiple pics or make a collage in Picasa and use that

- not really sure.....I think most of what I use, wouldn't really be called an old trend....ink, stamps, diecuts, embossing etc...

- Don't own a Cricut....I do have a BigShot and a Cameo...

- as above, don't own a Cricut and don't plan on it....

Alison

The Biscuit Scraps
Resident
The Biscuit Scraps
In response to kiyawinn

Since I put these particular questions out there, I guess I better answer them.

Almost always. I probably have scrapped one photo on a layout 3 or 4 times in 10 years. I take a LOT of photos, so I SB a lot of them. I only do 2 page layouts.

What is something you have used of late that is an old trend? Oh, I don't know. I've never been trendy in my SBing, so probably everything I do. LOL

What's your newest (to you) Cricut cart and why did you buy it? Designer's Calendar. I bought it for the grid and all the calendar words. I got it for $17, so I think I will get my money's worth out of it.

Campin' Critters. I used it at my last retreat and fell in love with the little characters. I see a lot of uses for it.

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK

No Cricut here.

A-side vs B-side? Hard to say. Often the B-sides are less bold which is more my style, but I try to use some of both unless one side really wins over the other. If I love both, I buy two sheets LOL.

I scrap however many photos I want to. I love fitting in loads and I love showcasing one beauty. No preference.

I've never been heavily into trends, although I have just got some hexagon dies and a paper pack containing chevrons, arrows and honeycombs and I'm loving being in style for a change.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny

My latest Cricut cart is Cherry Limeade, which my in-laws got me for Christmas. It was one of the ones that was really cheap at Menard's, and the only one of the ones they had that I could even remotely see myself using.

The last one I actually bought was Teddy Bear Parade, back in the fall, because as much as I really don't like cutesy carts, I just couldn't resist this one and I had so much fun making Christmas gift tags with it.

Not really a trend-follower, and unlike a lot of folks I don't find chevrons attractive at all.

samaclean
Tenant
samaclean

Do you use the B sides of paper more than the A side? I use them each about equally. Or neither one at all if I can't decide which I like best or what it is perfect for.

Do you scrap muliple photos or just one? Why? Both. I have done both. Sometime a single picture speaks to me and I run with it. I have a layout that has 42 photos included (2 pg, 12x12). So I can go either way, just depends on what comes together.

What is something you have used of late that is an old trend? I don't keep up with trends too well. I have just recently started playing with inks in various forms. Still have not found my groove with it yet.

What's your newest (to you) Cricut cart and why did you buy it? Varsity Lite, I got it because the deal was too good to pass up. I have done more with it than I originally thought I would.

What's on your Cricut Bucket List? I really want the Cherry Limeade font cart. And I really should learn to use the thing to it's full potiential one of these days.

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali

Q - Do you use the B sides of paper more than the A side?

A - Whichever side is prettiest!

Q - Do you scrap muliple photos or just one? Why?

A - Both. Mainly, singles. I usually use the photo or paper as my inspiration & take it from there.

Q - What is something you have used of late that is an old trend?

A - Using old 'bubble saying' stickers. I think it said, "If I hold you closer, will you kiss me?"...it was for a Vintage/Romantic Valentine project.

Q - What's your newest (to you) Cricut cart and why did you buy it?

A - I haven't bought a cart in about 2 years. I have so many that I still haven't even used, but have every intention of doing so (once I get organized!)

Q - What's on your Cricut Bucket List?

A - Art Nouveau. Art Deco. Teresa Collins - Sophisticated.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to KellyCali

And to be honest, I am pretty much done with wanting carts - I have about 20 and I like the ones I have and don't feel the need for any more. (Also, I'm a Design Studio user and pretty much anything I get that was released later than last fall will probably never be usable in Design Studio.) I think Paper Doll Dress-Ups would be nice, but that's about all.

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda

hmmmm... maybe it's the cold/flu-induced fog I seem to be in, but I may have completely misread this thread.

I thought it was a plea to start more threads, and "here are some examples of topics."

But, since everyone seems to have interpreted it differently, I'll play along:

How do you know which is A and which is B? Very little of the paper I have is double-sided anyway.

Do you scrap multiple photos or just one? Why?
Both. Depends on the photo(s).

I think EVERYTHING I do is an 'old' trend, because I'm not one to jump at the latest/greatest. By the time I get it, it's considered obsolete.

Don't have a Cricut; don't care to.

What's a Cricut Bucket list?

The Biscuit Scraps
Resident
The Biscuit Scraps
In response to Bxr-Linda

• Bxr-Linda Said:
hmmmm... maybe it's the cold/flu-induced fog I seem to be in, but I may have completely misread this thread.

I thought it was a plea to start more threads, and "here are some examples of topics."

But, since everyone seems to have interpreted it differently, I'll play along:

It was, as you interpreted it, but since folks were responding, I played along. ;-)

A Cricut bucket list: Anything on my list of carts I want to collect before my Cricut dies. LOL

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Do you use the B sides of paper more than the A side? How do you know which is side A and which is side B? I use the side I like best.

Do you scrap muliple photos or just one? Why? Mostly several photos per page - it I only use 1 photo on a page I like to have it 5 x 7 or larger so it doesn't get lost.

What is something you have used of late that is an old trend? I don't know the new trends from the old ones.

What's your newest (to you) Cricut cart and why did you buy it? I THINK the last one I bought was Ole' but I haven't opened it. Out of 12 or 14 carts I'm only opened 4 or 5. No - I'm wrong - I bought Ornamental Iron and Ornamental Iron 2. I love Ornamental Iron and have used it - haven't opened Ornamental Iron 2 yet.

What's on your Cricut Bucket List? None- I use about 25% of what I have so I am not looking for any others. I am going to keep my Cricut but I'm not in love with it. Considering adding a Cameo to my collection but probably wouldn't use that much either.

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK
In response to Henri Jean

Henri, usually the manufacturer's details are on that strip that you cut off on the front, as well as a small sample of the pattern on the back so that you don't have to turn the paper over to see.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to RedSquirrel UK

That helps but I nearly always cut that strip off as soon as I get the paper and I may not use it for several years so I never know which side it was on.

I've used the back before and not realized it still had the strip on the other side that I didn't trim off first. After really learning a 2-page layout a year or so ago, I now cut them off before I put my paper away.

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to Henri Jean

Depends on what I need in the color way and what I'm working on :)

Both, multiples if I have have several photos that need together but mostly singles! I like to embellish and it's hard to embelllish heavy with extra photos.

Eyelets believe it or not on a mini album

Close to my Heart Artsie between it and my Art P they are almost the only I use.

George and Basic Shapes if I could find it.

9,000 questions to ask, lots of chit chat about our favorite hobby...not enough people starting new conversations.

Keep pumping this thread up to keep people inspired to "Start a New Thread". ;-)

fknapoleon
Pro
fknapoleon
In response to Sneezy1956

I don't think I've ever paid attention to which side is the A side and which is the B side.
I usually scrap two or three photos. I use the We R Memory Keepers for a lot of photos and then showcase a few that I really love
I don't really follow the trends. I use whatever I have in my arsenal, which is a lot of older stuff like eyelets and brads. Are those considered older trends?
I don't have a Cricut. I bought a Slice and had so many troubles with it, I don't know if I'll ever get another electric machine. Just too many things to go wrong in my eyes.

Inloveforlife
Veteran
Inloveforlife
In response to fknapoleon

I use mainly the A sides. I will use any side that works with my photo though.

I scrap both. I think I have an equal amounts of both multi photo and single photo layouts.

I used vellum. Even though its coming back! Is it an old trend ?? I also cut my photo into a circle even though I told my self I never would. I actually like it even.

I havent bought a cart in a year.

I dont have anything on my list. I actually am thinking of selling it and all my carts. I never use it anyways.

Edited by Inloveforlife on 03-20-13 07:12 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

olleharr
Mayor
olleharr
In response to Inloveforlife

Q - Do you use the B sides of paper more than the A side?

A - I didn't know there was an A/B but I just use whatever trips my trigger at the time.

Q - Do you scrap muliple photos or just one? Why?

A - Most of mine are showcasing one photo at a time but sometimes I sneak a couple more in there. Probably because I like don't like a crowded page, I like lots of room to play.

Q - What is something you have used of late that is an old trend?

A - Brads? I haven't used brads in forever but pulled some out just the other day.

Q - What's your newest (to you) Cricut cart and why did you buy it?

A - The Everyday Pop-up Card Cartridge. I thought it would be cool to try pop up cards but I mostly liked it for the fun elements and characters.

Q - What's on your Cricut Bucket List?

A - I don't really have a Cricut Bucket list. I buy on a whim when I run across one I really like.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

Hey Carol, Glad you are back
This is a great idea.

I use them equally. I love both sides most of time. :)I don't consider them b sides lol

I scrap both. I love scrapping multiple pages & I love scrapping singles too. It depends on wht I am scrapping as to why I choose that.

While I love new trendy stuff, I love the old stuff just as much. I don't worry about being trendy. I still love ribbon & buttons.

I do not have a Cricut but I just got my Cameo about a week ago.

I will use my Cameo bucket list. I want more of their images, colored markers, or gift cards to their store

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics