Username Post: Smash book ideas        (Topic#1586175)
New Kid On the Block

In a week or so I will be getting the pretty style smash book. And I was just wondering what kind of stuff to put in it. So all you smash bookers out there, what kind of stuff do you put in your smash book?

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to meagan14

Do you mean theme-wise or material-wise?

You can use it for a day-by-day type project...a journal...a colorful art journal...or an anytime project.

Material-wise, I'd say anything & everything! It's really up to you!

Tip - Be sure to check out both the Gallery (here at sb.com), as well as youtube for idea videos.

Good Luck & Have Fun!

New Kid On the Block
In response to KellyCali

Thank you! I meant like theme wise. I've seen a lot of ideas but I was just wondering what some other people use them for.

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to meagan14

- Travel/Vacation
- Family
- Friendship
- Art
- Journaling
- Favorites
- Book of Me
- Faith/Scriptures
- Recipes
- Holidays/Christmas
- Collections
- Ideas/Inspiration
- Bucket List
- Project Life
- Poems/Quotes

New Kid On the Block
In response to KellyCali

Thank you so much! You are really a great help. Now the hard part...deciding what theme to use.

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to meagan14

You're welcome.

I say try and choose whatever is closet to your heart & let your imagination, creativity & inspiration take it from there!

Best Wishes, Have Fun & be sure to come back & share whatever you ultimately decide upon!

New Kid On the Block
In response to KellyCali

Thanks again! I will definatly share once I get my smash and start 'smashing'.

cescrapper
Expert
cescrapper
In response to meagan14

i have to admit that i have a smash book and find it difficult to work with it. i have the red one and if the pages weren't so highly decorated i would find it easier to cover them up.

it's funny too that when someone mentions the smash book on this forum i get encouraged to work with it.

New Kid On the Block
In response to cescrapper

lol that's funny! Yeah that's why I wanted the pink one because the pages were more patterned then pictures.

JediScrapToo
Diva
JediScrapToo
In response to meagan14

I'm going on a Disney cruise in a few weeks, and I plan on taking one for journaling the trip as we go, and putting all the things I want to put in my scrapbook of the trip in there as well.

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to JediScrapToo

I made my own smash book by using a spiral bound 12x12 scrapbook. I experiment with all different kinds of techniques on the pages, and that becomes my background for the "stuff" I smash in there.

On those pages, I have ticket stubs from concerts, museums, exhibits and things like that, little love notes from DH, score cards from the golf course and bowling alley, a little 2x3 pic I used as a tag on party favors, special gift cards etc.

Basically just anything I want to keep and not stuff into a drawer somewhere.

New Kid On the Block
In response to meagan14

Thank you so much for the help everyone! Really it's been very helpful. And you all have amazing ideas that I am definatly going to use!
Since I'm still in school, I think I might make my smash book a school book, to remember those high school days when I'm of to university. Thanks again!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics