Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: s/o how often do you look?        (Topic#1586197)
RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel

When you create a beautiful page that you're proud of, what do you do with it? Do you put it straight into the album, or do you display it somewhere?

When we were in rented accommodation, I bought 3 white canvasses, attached a page protector (on its side) on the front with white brads, and hung them on the lounge wall with that removable 3M tape. I would slide my current favourite LOs, which were usually my latest ones, into the page protectors and change them out as I felt like it.

Now we have no spare wall space to do that. I have a little easel on my scrap desk that my pages go on until I put them in the albums. That way they have a bit of a display before they disappear into "storage".

What do you do?

Besneys
Guru
Besneys
In response to RedSquirrel

Hey Rosie thats the canvas is a good idea 'Fraid mine do go straight into my album but the latest album is on the coffee table for anyone to look through xx

Anne

ScrappyMama6
Mayor
ScrappyMama6
In response to Besneys

Since no one but me cares about the LO's I make (other than my 7yr old twins..) I put them on my scrap table in "the pile" until I finally get them in chronological order and into their respective books (Like I finally did last weekend).

I really love the idea of the canvases, I have the wall space in my scrap area, but worry about fading since its very bright in there....but its a great idea!

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to ScrappyMama6

Mine typically go into the book that sits in my living room then when it gets full I start a new one.

ChansGram
Queen
ChansGram
In response to Sneezy1956

I bought a LO holder at M's w/coupon for $10.
It holds about 20 LO's. I change it out when I have a fave, but I just keep it in my scraproom.

ChansGram
Queen
ChansGram
In response to ChansGram

Here is a pic.

LO holder By ChansGram

animemama
Veteran
animemama
In response to ChansGram

I put it in the album and leave it open on the coffee table, because my husband likes to look at them.

Mama2Thomas
Pro
Mama2Thomas
In response to ChansGram

• ChansGram Said:
Here is a pic.

LO holder By ChansGram

I bought this exact same one... has worked GREAT for me. We don't have a lot of wall space, or space in general, so this was the perfect solution to "display" my layouts.

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper
In response to Mama2Thomas

I usually put them in albums unless it's just something I'm really proud of. Then I have a curtain rod hung with 2 page protectors hanging off of it & I'll put my best in there to display for a while.

I love the layout holder & the canvas idea is awesome!

Somewhere, I read where a lady put her layouts (she was talking mostly about bulky ones) in clear bags from Clearbags.com, and put them in a basket in her living room. That way people could flip through them when they visited or her family could. I really liked this idea, and I may end up doing that.

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to animemama

That's a great idea Trish!

Let me find photos of mine...

Canvas LO display By RedSquirrel

Canvas LO display By RedSquirrel

Edited by RedSquirrel on 03-21-13 07:50 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda

I have a couple of 12x12 frames hanging in the hallway with a double layout. Although, I admit, they are quite old, and need to be updated.
I also have a 12x12 frame in my scraproom with a favorite layout.

I also have an easel on my desk with a layout.

Like Teresa, my layouts go in a pile, then get placed in albums chronologically. But, they may stay in the pile a LONG time.

Besneys
Guru
Besneys
In response to Bxr-Linda

I love the idea Chansgram...pity we don't have a Michaels in the uk. and Rosie I'm going to copy you...ok lovie??

Anne

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to Besneys

Of course my darlin'!

Besneys
Guru
Besneys

Diva
In response to Besneys

I put mines in the album.

Momto3infinity
Pro
Momto3infinity
In response to bayamonesa1

I'm neurotic about my LO's now, but I wasn't before.

As soon as I finish one, I scan it, upload it to SB.com and email the link to friends and family that may have an interest in that particular LO.

Then it goes on the mantle for one day so that the fam can admire. From there it goes into one of three shadow frame boxes in my office. The LO that's taken out of the frame to replace with a new one then goes immediately into the album in the year in which the event happened.

For a few years I let them lay around and they got so dusty, I went through a can of compressed air to blow the dust off them.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Momto3infinity

I put them in my scrapbook right away and the current scrapbook is always out and turned to the page with the most recent layouts.

rockmom
Governor
rockmom
In response to Henri Jean

Here is my wall display:

"Wall of Favorites" By Rockmom

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to rockmom

Ooh I LOVE your Wall of Fame Denise!

Henri Jean