Username Post: Paper Sealer?        (Topic#1586253)
KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali

Hi, can someone please recommend a good paper sealer?

I love making altered projects, but have never quite found a good match for sealing items.

- I've tried decoupage...but it almost always seems too sticky & tacky? Am I maybe using too much? And or does anyone have a tried & try DIY recipe?

- Would a spray sealer of some sort work? That is...does one exist?

- Of the products listed below, in the past I have used...Mod Podge. Beacon Glue. Diamond Glaze & THoltz Rock Candy.

- Does anyone have any experience or praise with any of the other products listed below? If so, please share!

As always, thanks in advance for all or any helpful tips! I appreciate them!

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 03-22-13 06:06 PM
In response to KellyCali

There are all sorts of things you can use. Do you have a 'real' art store like D ick Blick or anything like that? They should have several options, you'll just have to decide which you prefer - painting something on, spraying it (and aerosols get everywhere so you'll want to do it in a box or outside or something), and they'll have different properties - glossy, matte, etc.

There are clear paint sprays, clear gesso, epoxy resin, polyurethane coatings, clear acrylic paints, lacquer sprays, Krylon Crystal Clear, etc.

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to KellyCali

I've always used Modge Podge with no problem but you need a coat on the wood or chipboard very very thin and then another coat over top of the paper.

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to Sneezy1956

I spray things I want to seal with Krylon clear seal.

cdsqueen
Expert
cdsqueen
In response to terrihooper

I just used Mod Podge for 2 books that I made last weekend. I will definately use that again to seal my paper on my chipboard books... its so easy!!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics