Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: Letter storage        (Topic#1586267)
cdsqueen
Expert
cdsqueen

How do you store your letters: rub ons, stickers etc.. I have mine currently in a plastic expandable folder but it keeps bursting open at the wrong times. I want to get something different but I can't seem to find the right item. Any ideas??

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to cdsqueen

I don't have that many. Maybe 20 or 25? They are just in a cardboard wallet that sits in a hanging wallet system in a deep drawer. I just lift the whole thing out if I want something. It works for me.

cdsqueen
Expert
cdsqueen
In response to RedSquirrel

Thank you for your suggestion- I forgot to add this is for storing in my bag to take to crops mainly

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to cdsqueen

Well my letter stickers are all in a big zip lock right now.

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to Sneezy1956

Alphabet stickers are in a drawer in one of the jetmax cubes
Rubons are in a separate drawer...
and I don't have that many stickers....just don't really use stickers anymore...

When I go to my annual retreat, I just throw what I need into a large ziploc bag and put it in my rolling tote...

Alison

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 03-23-13 04:22 PM
In response to kiyawinn

I keep my alphabets in 12x12 page protectors. One pack of thickers usually fits really well on one side, another pack on the other side (with a piece of cardstock between for support). Right now they're in a Cropper Hopper file but I keep meaning to pick up a cheapo album to hold them all.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 03-23-13 04:29 PM
In response to stick

Mine are in a bin. I just don't use them that much. Maybe if I had a better storage system I would see them and use them more. A lot of them are older that I probably wouldn't buy again now... they have white edges/backgrounds or something that just doesn't fit my style anymore.

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to Vae

I keep my letter stickers & Thickers held on a ring like this...

{A - Alpha Stickers} By KellyCali

In the past (I'm always changing things), I have kept the rest of my stickers hung & stored like this (sorted by theme)...

Note: If there isn't already a 'hanging hole', you can make yourself one by using either a paper hole punch or a Crop-A-Dile.

{S - Sticker Storage} By KellyCali

Currently, I store my stickers like this...(shown down below in one of the pink bins). It's not a perfect system for everyone, but in the end, it's what works for me!

{Scrap Space 2013} By KellyCali

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to KellyCali

What sort of folder do you have that busts open?

I have a letter size plastic expandable folder that has a sort of lock on it.

Check an office supply store for options. There are LOTS of storage containers that should stay closed.

Or a hard Art Bin sort of case?

MisasMom
Resident
MisasMom
In response to Bxr-Linda

I don't have that many right now but I keep them in a zippered binder in page protectors. When I can no longer spell anything with what I have, I will be just die cutting everything so I can have any color I want and all the vowels I need. Chipboard is sorted in a small drawer unit by letters.

Edited by MisasMom on 03-26-13 05:03 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

ScrappyMama6
Mayor
ScrappyMama6
In response to cdsqueen

I have 2 Hobby Lobby brand clip out up units and almost an entire one holds my Thickers. Ones that aren't Thickers are in clear bags according to what type/theme they are.

cdsqueen
Expert
cdsqueen
In response to ScrappyMama6

Thank you ladies- I appreciate all your responses now I have so many ideas I have to decide what would work best for me. Thank you!!

t-scraps
Expert
t-scraps
In response to cdsqueen

For sheets, I have them in Sterlite container drawers. For individual letters, I have a nut/bolt/screw organizer from the tool section that stores my individual abc's....

mindygail
Expert
mindygail
In response to t-scraps

I just store my stickers in a small bin. BIG WHOOP! I would love to get the simply renee clip it up wall hanging or base unit!!! they sell it here and i have got to get one!!!

Cricutgirlg
Expert
Cricutgirlg
In response to mindygail

I keep my sticker letters in a slippered binder from the Container Store ( no longer available) and I use pockets from cropper hopper to sort. I try to buy very little sticker letters and I hope one day to not have them. I cut my letters mostly.

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to Cricutgirlg

• Cricutgirlg Said:
I keep my sticker letters in a slippered binder from the Container Store ( no longer available) and I use pockets from cropper hopper to sort. I try to buy very little sticker letters and I hope one day to not have them. I cut my letters mostly.

I'm intrigued. What's a 'slippered binder'?

I know lots of people love their clip it up (or similar), but this person is looking for portable storage to put in her crop bag.

There's also the Crop in Style Paper Sticker Binder. It IS pretty big.
Products Referenced in This Post:
PSB Binder - Black/Navy (Discontinued)

Diva
In response to Bxr-Linda

I have different systems but not happy with any. I need to find a way to keep them together so I can use them more. Thanks for sharing your ideas. I may try some of them.

JazzieLynne
Veteran
JazzieLynne
In response to bayamonesa1

Some fantastic storage ideas... I keep the ones in the original pkg. in slotted drawer {Recollections cube} - However, the ones that I pull out to use on a layout - and then decided against using, I store in pockets. {I used to put them all together in a ziploc...never to be used again}

A {Little} Dab of Glue - Random Alpha/Number Storage

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to JazzieLynne

MIne are in a 12 x 12 artbin with handle and it is full! It stays in my crop wagon so I can take it with me when I go to crops.

tjdowning
Tenant
tjdowning
In response to KellyCali

I see a lot of you say you don't use letter much anymore?? What do you do for letters? Since these are quite costly (in my opinion) would like some ideas. Thanks.

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics