Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: Good old supplies        (Topic#1586343)
redheadgirl
Guru
redheadgirl

Basic Grey rub ons rock! I have an old (5+ years) package and just used one, went on smooth as silk.

Anyone else have something old that has held its value? Please share

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to redheadgirl

My spellbinders,,,,I use them over and over and over again, and they cut just as beautifully the 1000th time as the first time

I love them,,,,even if I have a Silhouette now

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to CommaHolly

I have to much old stuff I actually pulled out really old paper the other day and used it on a layout.

redheadgirl
Guru
redheadgirl
In response to CommaHolly

Spellbinders, good one. I bought a Tag Nestabilities from a flea market right after I got my Big Shot. I rolled it through a few times and was disappointed how it cut. Then I realized I needed to seperate them for individual tag sizes, those things should come with picture instructions

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel

The only items I have that haven't stood the test of time are:
some adhesives
some stickers
some rub-ons - I really, really don't like rub-ons.

The only rub-ons that I have ever liked were the Basic Grey Wisteria ones that I bought. As you say, they go on like a dream.

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to RedSquirrel

After having left behind almost all of my 'good' pens & markers (only to have had them sit in dark storage for 3 years), surprisingly, almost all of them still actually work!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

I just sorted through my sticker bin yesterday only to find a sort of alphabet soup at the bottom of the bin.

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

I still need to go through my supply inventory & test my liquid adhesives...Stickles...and lastly, my inks.

I already had a couple of bad pads. Trust me, from now on, no more cheap ink for me!

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to KellyCali

Epoxy stickers are no good after just a few months in the package (the rack of older ones at Joann's looks appalling), but I guess to be fair, epoxy stickers aren't really any good to begin with.

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to aquabunny

• aquabunny Said:
Epoxy stickers are no good after just a few months in the package (the rack of older ones at Joann's looks appalling), but I guess to be fair, epoxy stickers aren't really any good to begin with.

Completely agree! They are JUNK! Thankfully the ones I bought were super cheap, and I've only used them on 1 or 2 layouts. I should probably track down those layouts and rip them off. In my opinion, it is a disservice to market them as scrapbooking supplies.

I suppose ALL of my supplies would be considered 'old.' I especially like my Making Memories rub ons.

redheadgirl
Guru
redheadgirl
In response to KellyCali

Alphabet soup, lol. When I get Thickers from Marshalls and TJ Maxx that's what they look like, all at the bottom of the package, but I buy them anyways for $1.99 and try to make them stick.

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda

Adhesive chipboard is another AWFUL thing.
Love/hate it. Love the chipboard; hate the adhesive. Why bother? It does NOT stick!

oops... sorry... kind of hijacked the thread with the things that have NOT stood the test of time.

cescrapper
Expert
cescrapper
In response to Bxr-Linda

my adhesives don't last long enough to get old

redheadgirl
Guru
redheadgirl
In response to Bxr-Linda

That's ok, maybe just one person will take heed (hopefully me) I was such a supply junkie, I'd buy anything, and it just sits there, and then I have to purge. Now I'm a bit more selective.

meezerpleaser
Idol
meezerpleaser

I've got paper that's OLD. Remember Junkitz? I just used some on a LO the other day!

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to meezerpleaser

I guess it depends on what you call "old".....

My distress inks I've had for a couple of years now and haven't had to reink them even once!
I've owned some of my stickles for a long time and they haven't dried up or anything...still work a dream!

Anything else, like twine, paper, ribbons, glitter, embossing powders, stamps, dies etc...well, you would expect them to stand the test of time....

Alison

redheadgirl
Guru
redheadgirl
In response to kiyawinn

I have some Colorbox fluid chalk inks that are about 7 yrs old, and still good! My distress inks need to be reinked though I do live in a dry climate, I wonder if that affects anything?

I bet I have some Junkiz paper too. I know I have some Cherry Arte somewhere and some old BG.

I miss Senic Route, they're paper was awesome.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 03-26-13 03:18 PM

... is it bad that I'm sitting here thinking of all my stuff and it's almost all less than a year old? I know I have some stuff that is older than that, but I don't think I use it much.

Most of my old stuff is papers that are 8.5x11 - I scrap in 12x12 now. Old stickers that have a white outline and aren't dimensional at all. I've just grown out of them. I also used to use clear photo corners on EVERY photo because I didn't want to damage the photo by permanently gluing it down. Now that all my pics are digital and I can reprint them anytime I want, I am over the whole clear photo corner thing. Hehe. I suppose my decorative scissors still function perfectly well, but I've kind of gotten over them too. Why do I even still hang on to this stuff?? (oh, that's right, because I'm a hoarder)

Honestly, looking through my old scrapbooks is hilarious, not just from looking at my 80s clothes and hairstyles, but looking at my scrap style too

animemama
Veteran
animemama
In response to Vae

I still like a lot of my old papers. Some of them haven't held up as well, like the really busy, theme-y papers (Paper Pizzazz, anyone?) but even those still work on themed pages, cut up into embellishments or as decorative strips or borders. old 8.5 x 11 papers can be layered on top of 12 x 12.

And I still have a bunch of Fresh Cuts sheets (anyone else remember those?) that still look awesome when you cut them out carefully. Just one or two as a page accent is a quick and easy way to finish off a page.

justartguy007
Expert
justartguy007
In response to Vae

I just started scrapbooking so don't have any "old" stuff as of yet, lol. But if you are using clear photo corners. You can also use removable glue dots on some of your photos too. I used them for some original photos. The ones that have damages corners or tears on them. I like using removable glue dots if I can't use photo corners at all. Thought to let you guys know about that. If you haven't already thought of it.

Justie

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics