Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: How many photos do you take?        (Topic#1586345)
HappyCat
Tenant
HappyCat

So my goal this year was to take more photos as I would have more variety to use in my scrapbooks. In 2011 I sometimes had 2 blurry photos to pick from for an event and that just wasn't cutting it. Anyway, so far this year I've taken 3,428 photos, which equals out for 40.8 photos per day. If I continue at this rate I will have almost 15,000 by the end of the year.

Am I just totally crazy or does anyone else take this many photos?

Side note: Memory Manager 4 has been amazing! I am so pleased with it. Everything is organized and tagged and I can access it in seconds.

Diva Scraps
Idol
Diva Scraps
In response to HappyCat

I take on average, 1000 photos per week. Personal photos, not counting what I do for clients. Some weeks I obviously do less, but I just love to photograph things.

HappyCat
Tenant
HappyCat
In response to Diva Scraps

That makes me feel better, lol.

I tend to take most of my photos at shows were there isn't good lighting and I tend to be far away from subjects, so I have to take a million pics because only 20% of them will look any good. But of course, I can't delete any of them.....

Diva Scraps
Idol
Diva Scraps
In response to HappyCat

Everyone is different I used to take maybe 30 - 40 pics a month. Now i snap so many that DH had to install a server in our house just to back my files up. We just came home from 2 weeks in Disney and while we were there I took well over 9000 photos. I do go through and delete duplicate/very similar photos or ones that just didn't come out as great as I thought they would. I only keep blurry ones if I don't have a better one to keep.

PhotobearSam
Idol
PhotobearSam

I guess I only take pics at event cause I don't have kids. In a 10 day trip to Las Vegas and the Grand Canyon I took 4000 photos.

JayAndXansMom
Queen
JayAndXansMom
In response to PhotobearSam

I probably take at least 10,000 per year...

cescrapper
Expert
cescrapper
In response to JayAndXansMom

i take as many as i want.

although ever since i found the self portrait mode on my camera i've been my best subject.

*jesse*
Idol
*jesse*
In response to cescrapper

Wow... I fail! Even though I am very interested in photography and have a DSLR and a P&S, I almost never take pictures. I don't think I've taken a single picture this year, other than a few on my phone.

How do you manage to take so many pictures? There just doesn't seem to be anything for me to photograph.

HappyCat
Tenant
HappyCat
In response to *jesse*

• *jesse* Said:
Wow... I fail! Even though I am very interested in photography and have a DSLR and a P&S, I almost never take pictures. I don't think I've taken a single picture this year, other than a few on my phone.

How do you manage to take so many pictures? There just doesn't seem to be anything for me to photograph.

I take pictures of everything. Holidays, parties, events, puppies being cute. Tons of stuff. I like to have lots of images to choose from when I scrapbook. So I need some variety.

LeeLo
LeeLo 
Diva
LeeLo
  • LeeLo on 03-26-13 12:43 PM
In response to HappyCat

Wow! That is a lot of pictures, but I can be "guilty" of the same thing! It depends if I'm in the "mood" to take pictures. It's probably unreal how many pics I took during DS's baseball last spring. It was nothing for me to take 500 pics AT ONE GAME! LOL...people probably thought I was crazy, but I got some really good ones. There was just something about capturing that perfect moment. I've got some really awesome pics of my DS pitching and even have one of a boy lying horizontal in the air as he dove into home plate. That's my idea of FUN!

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to LeeLo

Mine varies quite a bit depending on what we're doing....some days, I take a hundred photos in a day...other days, I don't take any.

I take photos of my son but I also take photos of our pets, DH, on walks, nature (I just recently got some great macro shots of the pussywillows out in bloom), ducks at the lake, pics of food that goes with a recipe....I don't think I ever can't think of something to photograph!

Alison

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 03-26-13 01:56 PM
In response to kiyawinn

I used to take thousands per month. When we went on our honeymoon for 2 weeks I had well over 5,000 pictures from that trip. When I last backed up my hard drive - just the pictures portion was over 1TB worth of pics.

Lately, I seem to have lost my motivation for it. It's not on purpose, I just don't think to take pics the way I used to. I think it's subconsciously because I know how behind I am on scrapping and I joke that I should just be a hermit for 2 years and not do anything picture-worthy until I get all caught up. LOL not that I'd actually do that, but still.

I do notice though that if I can't take pictures at an event, I just don't enjoy it as much. I lost my camera the day I was to leave on a cruise once. The VERY day... I got on the ship and realized it was gone. I didn't have nearly as much fun on that cruise and the whole time I was bummed because I didn't have a camera.

animemama
Veteran
animemama
In response to Vae

I used to take a lot more than I do now. Only one kid left at home and he's 17 and doesn't like Mom following him around with the camera. So mostly I only take pictures of special occasions and my cats. I always try to get two shots of each picture, in case the first one was blurry, and then a few more just in case.

justartguy007
Expert
justartguy007
In response to animemama

I don't take as many photos. But do have a DSLR and Point and Shoot camera. I don't have any kids plus since I don't go camping or in college anymore. To have the excuse to take as many pictures as I want. I don't seem to dig out my camera too much. But when I do I seem to take as many photos as I like.

Justie

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to justartguy007

I take a lot of pictures! Thousands most months but I toss a lot of them away.

On one cruise I had approximately 10,000-12,000 pictures taken but I edit them every night and toss out duplicates and ones that aren't really good so when I got home I only had 1,800 that I kept so I had those printed the next day.

That is about normal - I usally print about 1,800 when I get home from a trip.

This trip that we are on now, we've gone from Florida to Las Vegas and I took about 20 pictures. Then in Las Vegas I did not take one picture - think I have been there every year for the past 6 or 7 years and there just isn't much to take pictures of anymore.

THen in San Diego now - I've taken 7 pictures in 4 days.

But when we get on the cruise ship a week from Sunday I will go crazy. Especially in Greece and Egypt.

thehappyscrapper8
Veteran
thehappyscrapper8
In response to Henri Jean

I take a ton of photos and the hardest part for me is narrowing it down to figure out which ones are scrap worthy. I usually end up printing way more photos then I need to do but thats ok!

Diva Scraps
Idol
Diva Scraps
In response to *jesse*

• *jesse* Said:

I mainly take photos of DD (7) and our pets. Different events and holidays. I never go anywhere without my camera. I easily take a few hundred pics just at soccer practice, etc. Just something for me to do in between talking to other parents.

mindygail
Expert
mindygail

OMG I too fail. On top of that I HAVE TWO KIDS!!!!
I probably take 5 photos per month. I mean I go to what my family calls PICTURE CRAZY around the holidays and events. My daughter had a dance recital and so I must of taken 50 photos of that. I love taking photos and I REALLY need to take more of them but I am not always around my kids. (no details)I want to do a project life for my kids but not sure where to begin and on a budget it gets tough!!!!!!! happy trails,
Mg

mindygail
Expert
mindygail
In response to mindygail

ps- I have the new NIkon Cool PIx camera in red plus my old kodak easy share so there is that info.

Crafting Marfa
Veteran
Crafting Marfa
In response to mindygail

I have no idea how many photos I take. Mostly because I usually do a lot of bracketing when I'm taking photos and then I go back and get rid of the "look alikes" and the ones that are just plain ugly...lol Then there are also the ones that I take with my cell phone. Those are usually for record keeping or to send out to my friends.

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics