Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: Quote of the Week...        (Topic#1586367)
KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali

(OK, it was originally posted on the 12th...)

I've tried my best to ignore it, but does this person really, truly feel this way?

"We're not all "pros" with business partners, web pages, blogs and all the other commercial reasons so many of your DIVAS use your site. I'm not in it for the money like they are. I've decided its easier to just forget about the contests since it seems to be based on the number of "friends" that trigger marketing hits instead of quality of submittals. How do I delete the folder and "unfriend" myself from the contest?

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to KellyCali

Holy cow! Was that posted here on sb.com?

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

And btw who are 'all the DIVAS that use this site'.

C'mon raise your hands.

That is, unless your just too much of a 'diva' and can't be bothered to do so!

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to KellyCali

I'm a diva wannabe, does that count? LOL!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to chocolateaxel

• chocolateaxel Said:
Holy cow! Was that posted here on sb.com?

Yes. I think they are just too nice to delete it.

I mean, what can you do but sort of just laugh.

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to KellyCali

Well, it's sad that someone feels that way, but there's always going to be somebody in any situation that is going to cry foul or get their feelings hurt, it's human nature. Maybe this person had an overinflated opinion of whatever it was that was submitted to the contest or swap or whatever it was.

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

And more importantly, where is all this money being earned that she speaks of?

Last I checked, I was spending money!

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to KellyCali

It sure isn't me! And my checkbook can attest to that fact!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali

• chocolateaxel Said:
Well, it's sad that someone feels that way, but there's always going to be somebody in any situation that is going to cry foul or get their feelings hurt, it's human nature. Maybe this person had an overinflated opinion of whatever it was that was submitted to the contest or swap or whatever it was.

1. I think she's got the whole notion of the site '2013 Album Contest' all wrong & obviously doesn't understand the simplicity of it. I mean, it's purely random & all in fun.

2. I think she took it 10 pages too far by judging the entire site, divas, random friends & all. Geesh!

I don't know, some people fly off handles in a heartbeat, while others couldn't find happiness if they tried.

gin1902
Diva
gin1902
In response to KellyCali

I want to be a DIVA with all caps. Not just a regular diva.

Honestly, though I don't think I've even met any diva's here. If I have, apologies for not recognizing you as such.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 03-26-13 02:40 PM
In response to gin1902

Well according to the first thread in the general forum, I have to post 2679 more times before I am granted the title of Diva. Right now I'm just a lowly Guru. Guess I better get busy!!

gin1902
Diva
gin1902
In response to Vae

I'm just lowlier Veteran....with quiet dreams and aspirations of Guru!

Kinda to what I am understanding her point might be though~ I don't think there's anything wrong with folks having blogs or business partners or a job of making things. Just because you're fortunate (just plain lucky or you worked really hard) and have gobs of supplies doesn't necessarily make your projects "better" than any others. I like projects that are long on creativity and no amount of commercial plusses can take the place of that.

Of course, I have probably missed the point entirely.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 03-26-13 03:09 PM
In response to gin1902

I saw the original post... this person didn't understand the directions on how to post their stuff for the contest. Of course, a simple "Can someone please help me understand how to post my stuff for the contest" would have probably sufficed.

gin1902
Diva
gin1902
In response to Vae

LOL-so I DID miss the point entirely! I've repeatedly asked the dumbest questions here-and everybody has been very gracious and helpful.

ScrappyMama6
Mayor
ScrappyMama6
In response to gin1902

Well I'm a diva, dontchaknow......

And if a question was asked and answered nicely then we'd have nothing to laugh at!!!

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to gin1902

Dang it, Gin, I've been working on my diva postures and you never even noticed??? Why do I bother? LOL!

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to Vae

Cr@p! I missed the original post, I always miss the good stuff!

NoirCat
Guru
NoirCat

Personally I always stand in a diva pose while I type so that everyone will notice my divaness. Wait is that a word?

I thought divas' had to sing, so I am definetly OUT, as I could not carry a tune in a 10-gallon bucket with an ipod in it!

Anyway, I will state that I have been here a while and I lurk a lot and just have fun learning from everyone else! Never have found a more fun place for my scrapbooking desires to be mirrored, supported and educated.

I am sure all of us newbies, veterans, gurus, divas and dietys (did I spell that right?) have had our frustrations, lets hope this person finds the happiness they seek, even if it is not with us.

By the way, does this post make my thighs look big?? I am standing sideways like all the supermodel divas do to look thin, but holding my scissors at the same time!

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 03-26-13 06:13 PM
In response to NoirCat

gin1902
Diva
gin1902
In response to NoirCat

• NoirCat Said:

By the way, does this post make my thighs look big?? I am standing sideways like all the supermodel divas do to look thin, but holding my scissors at the same time!

Not at all darling, you look fabulous. It's the scissors, they really make it work.

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics