Username Post: How to Take Good Gallery Pics        (Topic#1586373)
Smile my love
Tenant
Smile my love

How do you guys get clear and bright pictures of your layouts? I see so many nice ones in the gallery and all of mine just seem dark and not as clear. Please help, thank you.

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to Smile my love

I'm trying to get better myself, and a few friends have suggested I start taking the pictures outside in natural light. I don't always bother to do it, but I have noticed those ones look better.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 03-26-13 07:30 PM
In response to Tina scraps

Yup, taking them outside in natural daylight.

Of course, that never works for me. I never finish a layout in the daytime. I always finish my layouts at like 1 in the morning after staring at them ALL day. Then once I'm finally done I'm so excited that I can't possibly wait until the next day to take the picture. So all of mine are dark and slightly crooked due to me being cross-eyed

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to Vae

Outside, or as near to natural light inside as possible - and editing Most people edit their photos just to get rid of the carpet or whatever background and you can them give them a lighting boost too

britmomkaren
Tenant
britmomkaren
In response to scrappercaz

Hi
I photograph mine indoors but with a door open behind the page to get the natural light. I then crop it in my picture editor to get rid of the floor showing at the sides
HTH xx

RedSquirrel
Idol
RedSquirrel
In response to britmomkaren

Yes, daylight but not sunlight. I have a white table by a big window. I put the LO on the table and stand over it with the camera, getting it as square as possible. I prop up a piece of white card between me and the LO to reflect the light back onto it. I take several pictures and use the best.

Then I use photo editing software such as iPhoto or PhotoShop Elements to get it properly square, crop it, correct any colour cast, blur out any personal information and resize for uploading.

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita
In response to Smile my love

• Smile my love Said:
How do you guys get clear and bright pictures of your layouts? I see so many nice ones in the gallery and all of mine just seem dark and not as clear. Please help, thank you.

I usually scan mine, it takes too long for me to get a good picture and edit it to my liking.

I have a regular scanner that will only scan up to a legal size, but have learned that it is very easy to scan one half, turn the page around, scan the other half, and then put them together. I actually did an individual post about this a while back: http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?tid/15558...

Edited by Rosita on 03-27-13 02:35 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

thehappyscrapper8
Veteran
thehappyscrapper8
In response to Rosita

Natural lighting is best I take my photos indoors but I have tons of windows in my home that supply natural lighting. I have written about this on my site at Scrapping Wonders a few times you would be able to find more detailed instructions there. Natural lighting and a neutral background are key.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics