Username Post: Any predictions on Supreme Court gay marriage?        (Topic#1586403)
New Kid On the Block

Curious what everyone thought? Think homosexuals will get equal rights or do we get to keep them as second class citizens?

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to BethanyM

Hmmmm....

I may be curious to see others' opinions, but I doubt any good will come of it.

This is ONE of those topics that people have strong views on, and is probably better left alone (at least here).

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to Bxr-Linda

Yeah, I think I'm with Linda on this one.

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore
In response to Tina scraps

Yep. Not something we need to get stirred up. There are VERY strong opinions around here and I see a mop coming this direction pretty quick like if it gets ugly.

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit
In response to Seaexplore

Especially with how that question was worded.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to scraprabbit

The only problem with topics like these is that people forget that others have opinions and they might not match our own

It truly helps, if we MUST have this conversation here if we don't assume that just because someone else's opinion is DIFFERENT from ours, they are a bad person,,,,,

we are all good people,,,,,we all want the best for our country,,,,we just see different ways to getting to that point.

Having said all that,,,,,I am going to refrain from giving my opinion on this matter,,,,,,those who know me well enough to see my FB page know my opinion No need to start something HERE.

Diva
In response to CommaHolly

I will agree with everyone on this one...better keep my prediction to myself. Otherwise, some may don't udnerstand that it just an opinion and may be different that yours.

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed
In response to bayamonesa1

Yep, I totally agree! Like Holly said,
those who know me well enough from Facebook know where I stand on this.

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to 2xblessed

I think the way your question is worded speaks volumes but since I'm not even in your country I'm not saying anything. It's fairly obvious it'd soon go south imo.

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81
In response to scrappercaz

I'm all for equal rights!!

Being scared to vocalize doesn't bring change. So grateful that the 60s brought us some extremely brave people!

Folks around here aren't scared to put down a published layout with a spelling error and are insulted by the lack of professionalism from a scrapbooking magazine... but too chicken to fight for real people.

Way to go.

Would it be helpful to know that my beloved homosexual friends can spell?

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit
In response to runzalot81

Has zero to do with "being scared to vocalize". Anyone that really knows me knows that about me (and I know that about some of the people who posted here too! ). I have no issue talking about this with my family/friends/or anyone face to face actually. This site is about scrapping - not the gay marriage issue. Not that you can't talk about that here in NSBR, but I guarantee if that conversation actually gets started, it WILL get nasty and WILL get mopped. Seen too much of it here (politics, religion, etc.) - too hard to do that in this environment.

Vallee
Vallee 
Pro
Vallee

I could care less either way, but I think people have the right to love/marry who they want. Both of my sisters are gay and have been in committed relationships. I feel that if someone has the strength to live the life and deal with the consequences then power to them. That being said it isn't the life I would want for my children. But I was also raised to believe that God loves everyone and I was also taught not to judge people based on their choices.

Stepping off my soapbox now!!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Vallee

I agree with Sarah (and I know we don't agree on the issue ITSELF )

it was the way it was asked,,,,I'm pretty sure that's not the way to start a respectful convo on a very VERY important issue facing us today.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to CommaHolly

All of the OP's other posts have the same weird confrontational disrespectful tone to them.

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to aquabunny

While I completely agree with Alissa, I highly doubt that arguing the matter here will facilitate any sort of change, or even change anyone's view on the issue.

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit
In response to aquabunny

• aquabunny Said:
All of the OP's other posts have the same weird confrontational disrespectful tone to them.

I noticed that too. Trolly troll?

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed

I haven't seen any other posts by her/him. Missed something.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics