Username Post: The Silhouette        (Topic#1586437)
cescrapper
Expert
cescrapper

I have a Cricut and I'm pretty happy with it....but I have been watching some vids on the Silhouette and i like what i see.

I'm trying to find the website for this machine, can anyone help me?

Thanks

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to cescrapper

Search for "Silhouette America."

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to aquabunny

I love my silhouette, but I would really love to sell it and get the cameo! LOL It really is a fantastic little machine!

creater1
Diva
creater1
In response to StarsNSparkles

I too have a Cricut Expression and I did love it now I like it. I got so frustrated with PC cartridges layers not matching. The machine itself is great but the images are not the best.

Now lets talk about the Cameo I LOVE it. It is one awesome machine the capibilities are endless.

You can either just use as a cutter and what you see is what you get or you can EASILY get into creating your own print and cuts and many many other fabulous things.

I can't tell you how easy and user friendly that they made this machine.

If you have not downloaded their software. I would encourage you to do that it is free. You will have the opportunity to actually work with it before getting a machine. You won't be able to cut but you can certainly see how easy the software is, play with it and browse the online store.

Fun stuff. I would discourage you for a minute GO FOR IT you will wonder why you didn't purchase one along time ago.

I love mine and I used my Cricuts all the time rarely find myself using them.

cescrapper
Expert
cescrapper
In response to creater1

one of the reasons i'm interested in it is because you can print an image and then cut it out in full color.

all that cutting and layering has kept me from using alot of images on my E

I'll wait until it's back on HSN and then make up my mind then.

But i am looking at vids on youTube in the meantime.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to cescrapper

I love my Silhouette,,,,I have the Portrait (smaller than the Cameo) and it's amazing,,,,,,the cutting is spectacular,,,,and I especially love seeing an image I love, downloading it and having it in my hot little hands in about 30 seconds.

I also had a cricut, and I loved it,,,,but when they stopped supporting the Gypsy, I switched to the Silhouette. I wouldn't go back for anything.

There are tons of free images,,,,and images in the online store are only 99 cents,,,,,,you can buy a subscription that gets you a much better deal too,,,

I haven't tried print n cut yet, though,,,,,I love layering all those little layers

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to CommaHolly

I love my Cameo. I use it all the time, it is fantastic. SO easy.

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 03-28-13 03:30 PM
In response to Manda_K

The Cameo rocks!!!!!

animemama
Veteran
animemama
In response to KimKV

I have the Silhouette Cameo and love it. You can print from any True Type font, including dingbat (picture) fonts. You can find thousands of free fonts online. You can also convert JPG clipart into a cut-able image. so you never even have to buy any images or fonts if you don't want to. If you do want to buy something, the Silhouette Online Store has thousands of images or 99 cents or less. You just buy the ones you want, and not a whole expensive set.

The nice thing about the Cameo in particular (the Portrait model doesn't have this) is that it has an SD card slot, so you don't even have to plug it into your computer. You make the design in the software on your computer and save it to the SD card, and then you can use the SD card and the Silhouette anywhere you want.

Edited by animemama on 03-28-13 08:35 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

HappyCat
Tenant
HappyCat
In response to animemama

I got my Silhouette Cameo from Amazon.com. A company had a starter bundle with the machine and lots of extras including an extra mat and sketch pens. Totally worth it! I adore my machine.

Edited by HappyCat on 03-29-13 09:38 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics