Username Post: Crop In Style XXL Tote... How Much $$$$        (Topic#1586471)
t-scraps
Expert
t-scraps

I have a CIS XXL tote I want to get rid of; it's in excellent shape and plan on selling it in a yard sell. How much should I ask for it? Thanks!

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to t-scraps

Have you searched for completed sold listings on eBay? That's always a good place to start checking for the amount people will actually pay for an item.

Gelidy Gelato
Diva
Gelidy Gelato
In response to t-scraps

• t-scraps Said:
I have a CIS XXL tote I want to get rid of; it's in excellent shape and plan on selling it in a yard sell. How much should I ask for it? Thanks!

The only scrapbooking thing I gave away that I regretted was a XXL tote. I really wanted it a few months later to cart around supplies for a different hobby. i almost asked for it back but I thought that would not be cool. Are you sure you want to sell it? And I don't think you will get that much for it. Maybe $20-30. The buyer really has to know what it is to pay more. It might be better to sell on Craig's list.

t-scraps
Expert
t-scraps
In response to Gelidy Gelato

Yeah, I hung on it for awhile; haven't used it in several years so it's time to let it go. I have a scrapbook room and really, really dislike packing stuff to take to a crop. I am a home-scrapper.

Keepingg it for another hobby is good idea, but I do needlework and keep that in storage bins... not really a need to haul that stuff around. It just takes up room sitting around. I offered it up to my sister, but she already has a rolling tote she's happy with.

Diva
In response to t-scraps

I will agree with L-scraps. I have become a SHSB ( Stay home scrapbooker!). Hate to pack and unpack. Rather work at home watching movies or listening to music.

meezerpleaser
Diva
meezerpleaser
In response to bayamonesa1

Mine resides in the garage. Taking up space. Can't bring myself to get rid of it, but I never use it either. *sigh* I may have to break down and just donate it, since there aren't many scrappers in my area. But, then again, Craigs List is a valuable option for those of us who've got it that want to get rid of it. If you can find someone LOCAL so you don't have to pack it up, that would be optimum!

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 04-01-13 12:47 PM
In response to meezerpleaser

I've tried to sell something similar in a yard sale before but didn't get anywhere near what it was worth. In the end I let it go for $10 because I just needed it gone. At least in this area, yard sales are where people go to find the most ridiculous bargains so if I ever want to get a decent amount for something I end up having to sell it on craigslist.

You might also be able to trade it on craigslist...a lot of people want these bags and can't afford to pay what they are worth, but they might have some other scrappy goodies that you could get use out of.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics