Username Post: I Loathe Buying __________        (Topic#1586475)
t-scraps
Expert
t-scraps

Fill in the blank. For me, it's earbuds! It doesn't matter how much they cost, I'm always tearing them up somehow or another!

redheadgirl
Guru
redheadgirl
In response to t-scraps

Mine is more general, groceries! I do not like grocery shopping. It's not so bad if I'm going in and getting a few specific items, but buying stocked items is a pain.

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to redheadgirl

jeans/pants

*jesse*
Idol
*jesse*
In response to Bxr-Linda

Ditto on the groceries.

And all types of clothes.... I'm average sized but really busty so even buying t-shirts can be a pain.

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit
In response to Bxr-Linda

Clothes in general. Or most things actually - I hate to shop, period.

redheadgirl
Guru
redheadgirl
In response to scraprabbit

Also, cover case for the iPhone. Is it cute... will it last...will it still fit in the speaker dock? My last one didn't and I have to remove it when I want to listen to music at work.

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed
In response to redheadgirl

Me too, Sarah! If it is necessities, I always dread it! Everything is super expensive around here, especially food and things like bath tissue and such.
I have trouble finding clothes that fit and look good on me, so I usually do that online.
Now, if I had a blank check and could spend all I wanted in Hobby Lobby, that would be a whole different story!

Kathy_in_wlsv
Pro
Kathy_in_wlsv
In response to 2xblessed

ANYTHING. I hate hate hate to spend $ I took more than a year to make the decision to buy a new fridge, and buying groceries can have me near tears as I see the $$ go flying away.

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to Kathy_in_wlsv

• Kathy_in_wlsv Said:
ANYTHING. I hate hate hate to spend $ I took more than a year to make the decision to buy a new fridge, and buying groceries can have me near tears as I see the $$ go flying away.

When we bought our appliances, the refrigerator was the easiest for me. Black, no door water/ice dispenser.

I spent a long time researching what stove to buy.
By the time we were ready to buy, the model I wanted was discontinued!!

Diva
In response to Bxr-Linda

Same feeling!

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to bayamonesa1

.....bras, shoes and bathing suits.

RedSquirrel
Idol
RedSquirrel
In response to Luvmyfam

Me too Jen.

And jeans. This fashion for super-skinnies can't end quickly enough for me. I'm not over-weight, but I possess a waist, a bottom and leg muscles. If the wretched things will pull up over my thighs and bottom without causing life-threatening circulation restrictions, there's a 4" gap at the back of the waist.

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed
In response to RedSquirrel

lol at Rosey's problem with jeans! I am short and can never find any that fit right in the behind and waist and are not made for giraffes! And I hate they all have spandex now! On the rare occasion I find a pair that fits by the end of wearing them one day they have stretched and make me look like the guys who wear their's with half of their bottom hanging out! I don't see how they can deliberately wear them that way! So uncomfortable!

Vallee
Vallee 
Pro
Vallee
In response to 2xblessed

Buying bras...I am busty and short. And they never make cute ones for busty people. I hate buying the granny bras with the thick straps in only black, taupe or white. And don't even get me started on sport bras...they are the worst! I still haven't found one where I don't have to wear my regular bra under.

Trina_P
Guru
Trina_P
In response to Vallee

I hate having to shop for anything specific. I was just recently trying to find my granddaughter a white cardigan type sweater to wear over her dress for Easter tomorrow. Things sound so easy to find then when u go looking, it is like finding a needle in a haystack. Not to mention the store to store and getting in and out at every store.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Trina_P

Shoes. I love cute shoes but cute shoes don't like my feet. They kill me.

But I do buy very nice sandals and Echo walking shoes but I hate to wear new shoes for fear I will get them dirty and they won't be nice anymore.

I bought a nice pair of walking shoes a year and a half ago. Since I paid $130 I wouldn't wear them and get them dirty. I wore them for the first time last month and I won't go anywhere that could get them dirty.

They are in my suitcase on this trip. No guarantees I will wear them though.

I've always hated messing up new shoes that I love.

So I hate shopping for them and buying them.

*jesse*
Idol
*jesse*
In response to Henri Jean

I'm the same way about shoes getting dirty, Henri... but it doesn't stop be from buying them! LOL I own a ridiculous amount of shoes.

I hate buying necessities too. It's no fun spending money on toilet paper, hand soap, etc.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to Henri Jean

Clothes in general. It just isn't fun for me.

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to Trina_P

• Trina_P Said:
I hate having to shop for anything specific. I was just recently trying to find my granddaughter a white cardigan type sweater to wear over her dress for Easter tomorrow. Things sound so easy to find then when u go looking, it is like finding a needle in a haystack. Not to mention the store to store and getting in and out at every store.

Yes, yes, and yes!!!

I think it's the Murphy's Law of shopping. You'll see something all over, then when you decide you want/need it, it's impossible to find.

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one with this problem.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics