Username Post: How to "get rid of" scrap booking supplies        (Topic#1586527)
Jesseka
Expert
Jesseka

After years of not scrapbooking. It is not the time to part with all my scrapbooking things (okay not all, I may keep my paper cutter :)) But we are moving again, and I do not want to lug all this stuff for the 5th time just for it to sit in storage.

I was wondering if anyone here knew of a good way to sell off big lots of items. I am not looking to make a profit, just trying to recoup some of the costs of the materials.

I have TONS of stuff. You can see it here: http://www.scrapbook.com/gallery/source/12/121 055/DSC01...
I now have 20+ inches high of stacked paper, and those boxes are full of embellishments. Plus several sterilite 12x12 storage compartments with drawers.

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to Jesseka

Maybe Craigslist?

I'd suggest a flea market at your LSS, but you would probably have to wait on the date for that (and therefore have to move all of the stuff with you).

I think 2Peas has a for sale or trade board (gasp, I said their name!).

I'd suggest taking very good pictures of the lots you'd like to sell, though.

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to siameseplease

one woman I know sells (and buys lol) lots on ebay.

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81
In response to Tina scraps

Look up The Scrap Yard and Scrapbook Deals on Facebook. Both boards are for buying and selling.

Jesseka
Expert
Jesseka
In response to runzalot81

Thanks for all the advice. I will check out all the online options. We are also having a yard sale next week. Has anyone had success with yard sales + scrapbooking supplies (we would advertise it with our ad). What price did you price your stuff

I was thinking of putting out at least some (maybe all) of it to see if that can help with the reduction of mailing stuff.

Would you ladies think that these kind of bags would work (same things in my jars, just in bags)

http://www.scrapbook.com/gallery/image/photo/3 899239.ht...
http://www.scrapbook.com/gallery/image/photo/3 899237.ht...

What would you price them at? ( I also need to start digging out my NIP embellies in all the boxes.

950nancy
Diva
950nancy
In response to Jesseka

The bad thing about yard sales is that people want everything very little money. They will offer $15 "for everything." You might do better with people that know the value of what you are selling. Good luck.

JL56 
Tenant
  • JL56 on 04-04-13 02:17 AM
In response to 950nancy

Good luck with selling your stash, would love more blooms, but I am too far away here I in the UK to make any offers,

JL56 
Tenant
  • JL56 on 04-04-13 02:18 AM
In response to 950nancy

Good luck with selling your stash, would love more blooms, but I am too far away here I in the UK to make any offers,

Crafting Marfa
Veteran
Crafting Marfa
In response to JL56

Well...it would be a sacrifice, but I'm willing to take it all off your hands...lol ;-D. If only you lived in Miami.... :-(

t-scraps
Expert
t-scraps
In response to Crafting Marfa

I sold my CIS XXL Rolling Tote for $30.00 this past weekend at a yard sale. Got exactly the amount I wanted.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics