Hi everyone! Welcome to another month of the Four Categories Challenge! This challenge is about using our 'stuff' and, maybe, trying something new.
The goal is to complete up to four different LO's, each one fulfilling a different category - a product, a color, a technique, and a theme. You may enter one LO for each category, but you may not use the same LO to fulfill more than one of these categories. You do not have to do all four. You may, of course, stack other challenges with any of the LO's you enter here. Only LO's created and uploaded between April 1 and midnight CDT April 30, 2013 will qualify.
At the end of the month, I will ask you to vote for your top 3 favorites from each category. You will receive a vote for each of your LO's just for voting, and any twists that are completed will get an extra vote. Those who complete all four LO's will receive an additional vote for each of their LO's. I will create a poll with the top vote-getters from each category so we can choose an overall winner to whom I will send a small RAK. In addition, I will send a little something to an eligible challenge participant chosen by Random.org. To be eligible for this second RAK, a player must enter at least one LO in the challenge, check into the thread at least a few times during the month, AND send in votes before I set up the poll.
Please, read the specs for each challenge carefully! Sometimes, LO's take on a life of their own and go in a different direction than was intended at the start – that's creativity, and that's great – feel free to share those LO's here, BUT only LO's that fit the specific parameters of each category will be eligible for voting! If you have a question, ask!
Category One ~ Product: Chipboard
Use chipboard on a LO this month.
Twist: Alter at least one piece of chipboard in some way for your page – paint it, mist it, sand it, stamp on it, cut it apart, add bling to it, doodle on it – anything you want, but you must do something besides use it as-is from the package in order to qualify for this twist. Be sure to tell us what you did.
Category Two ~ Color: Lavender
Our color for April is LAVENDER. Use at least 3 shades in order to qualify for this challenge. If one of your shades is a darker purple, try to use it as more of an accent color. You may use small amounts of other colors, but let's try to go more monochromatic this month – your LO should be at least 90% lavender – remember to think pastel.
Twist: Include a butterfly somewhere on your page.
Category Three ~ Technique: Recycling
It's time for some Spring cleaning! But, don't throw everything away - recycle something non-scrapbook related into a new supply for a page – broken jewelry, cardboard, a keychain, tin foil, fabric scraps. You could even use the packaging left over from a traditional scrapbooking supply. Just let us know what hidden treasure you came up with to save from the trash.
Twist: Make it even more 'green' for Earth Day – use some scraps on your LO.
Category Four ~ Theme: Poetry
April is National Poetry Month. Use a poem title or a song title as the title for a LO.
Twist: Include some or all of the text or lyrics somewhere on your page as well.
The fine print:
1. Any size LO 8x8 or larger is allowed, including 2-pagers. Please post your 2-page LO's with one photo of both pages together. I will allow digi, but please realize some of the challenges will not apply to digi (especially in the technique category). If you can convince me that your digi LO fulfills the challenge, I will allow it. Keep in mind that the RAK will be for paper scrapping.
2. Please allow public embedding on your pages. Also, please specify the category in which you are entering your LO in your post and in your description. If applicable, please explain how your LO fits the challenge, and if you did the twist and where/how. Don't make me hunt for it. If I can't see it, and you didn't tell me about it, you won't get credit for it.
3. If you get love, leave love. I will not be a psycho about this, just do the best you can. However, if I notice that someone habitually neglects commenting on the other players' entry LO's, that person will be disqualified from winning the RAK. No one is going to be excluded from the voting or poll and the chance to win the challenge. I'm just reserving the right to NOT spend my own time and money on buying and shipping a RAK to a person who doesn't participate. It's only if I never or only rarely see the winner's posts on other LO's in the gallery or the winner is someone who doesn't check in here in the forum a few times a month that I will check into it further and decide for myself if I want to make the effort to send something out. Please, don't stress about it!
4. Please, only share LO's that fit one or more of the categories. Commenting on shared LO's is up to each individual player.
1. Julie (julie101) 1*,3,4
2. Becky (beck bear) 1*,2*,3,4*
3. Laura (lcmemories)
4. Carol (NMscrapper) 1*,2*,3
5. Shatema (babigirl) 1*,4*
6. Melody (FinallyMama) 1*,2,3,4
7. Jeri (jlj889) 1*,2*,4*
8. Corky (under5feet) 2*
9. Teresa (Teresakay) 1*,2*,3*,4*
10. Kena (Bubblegirl) 1*,2,4*
11. Linda (lindaj3) 1*
12. Bev (scrapperbee)
13. Lesley (LesleyC) 2,3*,4
15. Marci (Marcilb) 1*,4*
16. Mia (Mia1979)
17. Olesya (OlesyaK.) 3*,4*
18. Deepa (rahulsmom) 1*,2*,3*,4*
19. Sandra (sasload4)
20. Ana (Scrappin baby) 1*,2*,3*,4*
21. Mandi (Briannasmom) 1*,3*,4*
22. Becky (AuntJo) 1*,3*
23. Rebecca (BoBecca77)
24. Pamela (pamela.tx)
25. Pam (fabricfrenzy) 1*,3*
26. Denay (Denayc) 1*,2*,3*,4*
27. Erin (silver26AK)
28. Erin (Erin Reed - Ekr1432) 1*,2,3*,4*
29. Pat (GentlewoodFarms) 1*
30. Drea (DreaSlee) 1*