Username Post: How Often Do Collections Change?        (Topic#1586545)
crichards1
Veteran
crichards1

I'm assuming that companies like K&Company and Prima change their collections often. I have gotten several things in a couple of their collections and would like more. I'd rather wait a while to get them but am afraid they will be discontinued. How often does this happen? Any rule of thumb like every three months or something?
Thanks,
Carol

Edited by crichards1 on 03-31-13 04:42 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to crichards1

I've no idea of a rule of thumb, but it feels as if things are discontinued in the time it takes to ship them sometimes.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to Andywin

Spam reported.

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps

I don't think there is any rule of thumb. Until stock runs out maybe? Or depending on how high the demand is and how popular, whether they produce more?

I know I just bought another pack of this paper stack, which I originally bought about 2 years ago.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to Tina scraps

DCWV stacks stay around forever, but a lot of the collections I've ever liked from other brands have been out of production by the time I discovered they existed.

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to aquabunny

Most company's change every 6 months so it depends on how fast stuff runs out and also how popular things are....some companies find that an item is very popular and they continue that item. but on the whole new stuff comes out 2 times a year and the other is then absolute.

crichards1
Veteran
crichards1
In response to Sneezy1956

Thanks everyone. Jane, that's good to know about changing every six months. I'm assuming January and July, or does it depend on the company?

Lauri D
Diva
Lauri D

The CHA is in January every year so vendors and scrapbook companys can check out all the new lines from our favorite company. This is the time of year (Feb & March) when stores start getting the new products in. I can't remember what month (in the summer) when a few new lines are introduced. But between Christmas & Feb. a lot of good sales happen in the stores to make way for new products.

Also Google scrapbook Expo & conventions and see if any come to your area. You can find awesome deals at those!

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to Lauri D

Like Lauri posted, most companies change with the CHA conventions. There are a few companies that keep the same collections until they run out or stop production. It varies by company.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Luvmyfam

I talked to my local scrapbook store about some Graphic 45 paper I bought 2 or 3 months earlier.

THey told me that Graphic 45 changes the quickest in their opinion. They place one order and when they go to reorder - it isn't available.

She said it is there long enough for one shipment usually.

If you love it - get it!

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to Henri Jean

Yes, I think most companies change their lines about twice a year, seasonally to coincide with the CHA show.....
That being said, you can't predict when a line will sell out, how popular it is etc.. There is no guarantee that you will be able to reorder a few months from now. The company could be onto something else by then and it's all sold out...

Henri is right, if you love something, buy it...don't wait! I can't count the number of times a poster on here has asked about finding a specific paper that is sold out....

Alison

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to kiyawinn

CHA is January and june, it's a blast to go to but new lines don't typically come out till Feb or March and August and September.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 03-31-13 07:58 PM
In response to Sneezy1956

My LSS said that a lot of times they aren't able to reorder Prima after the first order. They couldn't order any more of the rondelle or romance novel. They sold out of their first order within a few days of getting it and couldn't reorder. So I've learned to get any prima stuff I like as soon as I can. Other lines are better about keeping it around for at least a few months to a year. But I've gotten into the habit of just buying it if I love it. I've spent a lot of time and money hunting down discontinued papers that I decided later I just have to have. Lol

crichards1
Veteran
crichards1
In response to Vae

Thanks everyone. Jarvae, thanks for the advice on Prima. I'll go ahead and order the items I'm interested in.

Veteran

I CAN'T FIND PRIMA HERE IN TRAVERSE CITY.LOOK ON EBAY IF YOU CAN'T FIND IT ANYWHERE ELSE.

Diva
In response to SHARON ELISE

Good question. Never thought about it.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics