Username Post: Rub ons        (Topic#1586547)
ma8g00
ma8g00 
Tenant
ma8g00

I had some rub ons yesterday that just would not rub off. So I cut the whole thing out with the shiny stuff on it and used a glue runner and put the whole thing on my card. Worked well, didn't have to throw the rub on and away and the clear plastic around them just let whatever that was behind show through. Was really hoping for a cure though.

crichards1
Veteran
crichards1
In response to ma8g00

I've had that happen to me, but I was not as creative as you. That was a great solution. I threw mine away. I wondered if there were certain brands that worked better than another. If so, what are they??

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to crichards1

There are definitely some that are better than others. I bought my first rub-ons at a chain store many years ago, and they were HORRENDOUS, would not come off for the life of me. So I refused to buy any more until people convinced me that other brands were better. For example, Fancy Pants and Basic Grey are pretty good. I loved Hambly but think they're out of business now.

Cricutgirlg
Expert
Cricutgirlg
In response to Tina scraps

Its the brands i have some that I use that are easily nearly 1o yrs old and they still work great and then there are some that were awful from the very beginning. Karen Foster's still works. Making Memories does too.

olleharr
Mayor
olleharr
In response to Cricutgirlg

I used rubons in my early days scrapping and had no luck so I just stopped buying them. Good to know that some brands are better. It may just tempt me to try again. Thanks.

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to olleharr

I have a draw full of rubon's I need to drag out and go through and see what's still working I love your idea if some of them are not working that would be a great way to use them.

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to Sneezy1956

If you have trouble using older rubons or ones that simply won't come off, blast it a little with a heat gun and then rub, it usually works for me with great results. The heat loosens the rub-on from the sheet.

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81
In response to Manda_K

1. Huff a breath of warm air and then rub.
2. Use a pencil instead of the stick.

I use mine all the time. The only ones that are worthless are the Creative Imaginations ones.

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to runzalot81

I LOVE rubons! They're coming back, I think....I'm seeing them all over now and some new ones just came out.
I think the new ones are probably better than the old ones....I haven't had any problems with them!
I love Bazzill, SheArt, Pink Paislee and I just ordered some of the Jenni Bowlin new ones but I haven't tried them yet....

Alison

cescrapper
Expert
cescrapper
In response to kiyawinn

I've had some rubons that were absolutly fantastic but them again I've had some that were horrible. I think it depends on the company.

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to cescrapper

Hey guys saw something last night I thought I'd let you know a lady was using her cuttlebug to put on rub ons she put her plates down then added an embossing folder closed and then the rub on then her top plate and ran it through the cuttlebug. It rub on the rub on perfectly. I'm going to try it with my big shot.

OlesyaK.
Diva
OlesyaK.
In response to Sneezy1956

Looove the rub ons! some are totally better than the others. Though I mostly have problems with them coming off too soon when I haven't positioned them yet, instead of not sticking LOL)
Love the mini alpha rub ons and the decorative stitching !

redheadgirl
Guru
redheadgirl
In response to OlesyaK.

Basic Grey are the best! I have some old Scenic Route (I miss them), that are still good.
Also have some Doodlebug that have held up.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics