Username Post: Shelves behind doors        (Topic#1586615)
Resident

I remember seeing shelves someone built for their stamps that fit behind the door. I love these shelves! They were perfect size, white and also attractive. I am completely out of space for my wooden stamps so I hoping my husband, who is not handy nor a carpenter can possibly make these shelves for me. Does anyone have instructions, measurements, etc for someone who is not used to building things...the easier the better :)Basically handy challenged!

Thanks
Trish

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK
In response to stvmom2

I don't remember seeing these, but have you looked in the Scraprooms section of the Gallery? If you can find out who posted them, you could contact her via PM for full details. Good luck!

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to stvmom2

My hubs, who is also not that handy with building things, built me some awesome shelves that he hung on the wall behind the door to my scraproom. They are just deep enough for stamps, and big enough to hold a lot of stamps. I don't have the measurements or a picture here at work, but as soon as I get a chance I will post a pic and get the measurements for you. They were very easy to build, thank goodness! LOL!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to stvmom2

• stvmom2 Said:
I remember seeing shelves someone built for their stamps that fit behind the door. I love these shelves! They were perfect size, white and also attractive. I am completely out of space for my wooden stamps so I hoping my husband, who is not handy nor a carpenter can possibly make these shelves for me. Does anyone have instructions, measurements, etc for someone who is not used to building things...the easier the better :)Basically handy challenged!

Thanks
Trish

http://www.scrapbook.com/galleries/404023/view /2797075/...

cindy312
Diva
cindy312
In response to KellyCali

I have behind-the-door shelves too and LOVE them.

http://www.cindyderosier.com/2012/09/ask-cindy-scr aproo...

Fargomutt
Expert
Fargomutt
In response to cindy312

check out pinterest - i remember seeing something on there!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Fargomutt

great,,,,,now I want behind the door stamp storage, and I don't even have a DOOR!!!!

(well, I WILL have a door when my middle child moves out as soon as he finds a house to buy)

Diva
In response to CommaHolly

WOnderful ideas!

cindy312
Diva
cindy312
In response to CommaHolly

• CommaHolly Said:
great,,,,,now I want behind the door stamp storage, and I don't even have a DOOR!!!!

Love it!

meezerpleaser
Diva
meezerpleaser
In response to cindy312

You could also do simple 2x4s (or whatever) with L-brackets instead of building a frame for the shelves. Think that's something I may tackle someday! I built those kind of shelves in my under-the-stairs coat closet to make a pantry, so I could break out the old electric screwdriver and do it again behind the door of my scraproom! Thanks for making me think of it

Resident
In response to stvmom2

Thanks everyone!! I am excited to have my husband do this...if he ever finds the time.

Cindy...thank you. It was your pic that inspired me but when I looked for it a few days ago, I could not find the link. Do you by chance have measurements? How did you mount?

Thanks again all
Trish

cindy312
Diva
cindy312
In response to stvmom2

• stvmom2 Said:
Cindy...thank you. It was your pic that inspired me but when I looked for it a few days ago, I could not find the link. Do you by chance have measurements? How did you mount?

I don't have measurements, but I can take some! I'll try to take care of that today.

cindy312
Diva
cindy312
In response to cindy312

OK, I took some measurements and added them to my blog post. If you have any other questions, just let me know!

http://www.cindyderosier.com/2012/09/ask-cindy-scr aproo...

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics