Username Post: Washi-type tape that looks like masking tape?        (Topic#1586635)
Momto3infinity
Pro
Momto3infinity

Good morning my fellow scrappers,

In your scrappy shopping, has anyone come across a Washi-type tape that looks like masking tape? I'm looking to find some for a LO I'm putting together. TIA - keep a smile M.
Products Referenced in This Post:

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 04-02-13 07:25 AM
In response to Momto3infinity

You mean that pale kraft color? MT probably makes it, they have fabulous solid colors. Try ***, etsy, or if you have a Japantown-type area you might find it there. Actually - I haven't been to J-town in a while, maybe I'll go this weekend and look for you (and get some fresh octopus for dinner!)

You could also get plain white washi and color it with some Distress Ink.

Edited by Megan - ForumTech on 04-02-13 08:26 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Momto3infinity
Pro
Momto3infinity
In response to stick

Stick!!!!! You da bomb! That's it precisely! Thanks - I looked at MT's site and you were right, they have it. Thanks so much!!! (I know, too many exclamation marks - but that will finish off the LO for me)

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 04-02-13 07:47 AM

I want some now, too I wonder if I can make it there and back on my lunch hour ....

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to stick

I make a lot of my own washi with tissue paper and stamps....I pet a tan ink bad and rubbing it across some tissue paper you could make some that looks like masking tape.

Momto3infinity
Pro
Momto3infinity
In response to Sneezy1956

Hey Jane, I just saw your post and want to thank you for the idea - much appreciated

Momto3infinity
Pro
Momto3infinity
In response to stick

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! A big shout out to Stick for sending me washi tape she picked up. Can't thank you enough and I can't wait to finish these LO's. It's RAK's like this that are indicative of the type of people you can meet here on sb.com!

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 04-10-13 07:28 PM

Aw, you're most welcome!

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to stick

Just realized I had a ton of spelling errors. I make a lot of my own washi. What I didn't describe is I take the score tape and use several different sizes 1/4inch up to 1 inch put the tissue tape on top of the tape then cut against the edges of the tape. Once I have it all cut out I stamp it with different stamps....my fave is a woodgrain stamp.

Momto3infinity
Pro
Momto3infinity
In response to Sneezy1956

Those are interesting ideas Jane. I had never even heard of Scor Tape and had to look it up.

These particular LO's I'm working on are with Karen Foster's 'Floor Plan' 12x12 as the basis. My DH and I have now been married 13 years, but in the first seven years of our marriage, we lived in five different homes (cities) due to transfers. Something special happened in each home, we met, got married and had a child in each home (minus the last two, I only have 3 kids ) So I'm putting a LO together for each address and wanted to adhere the 'notes' ie. special events, renovations, newlywed acquisitions with 'masking tape'

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956

It works great and I love the look of it especially when I need woodgrain or something with arrows I'll color the tissue with what ever color I need for the arrows and then stamp the arrows in typically black.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics