Username Post: Acid Free 8 1/2 x 11 Envelopes        (Topic#1586639)
crichards1
Veteran
crichards1

I have a couple of articles that I've made copies of and would like to put in my scrapbook. I was thinking about putting them in an envelope and gluing the envelope in the back of the scrapbook. I hope this makes sense. I would love to buy an envelope for this size paper that is acid free for crafting? I found some online, but they were around $6 with $7 shipping costs. I would love to find them locally but have no idea where to look. Where would I find them?

Thanks,

Edited by crichards1 on 04-02-13 10:35 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Momto3infinity
Pro
Momto3infinity
In response to crichards1

I have a box of envelopes (8 1/2 by 11) from one of the large retail stationary stores and used my pH testing pen to confirm that they are acid free. I simply cut off the top flap portion that has the adhesive on it that is used to close the envelope. I use them in a number of my albums to hold keepsake birthday cards and trip ephemera.

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to Momto3infinity

Why not use a page protector?

lifethroughalens
Veteran
lifethroughalens
In response to Bxr-Linda

I wanted to do the same thing so I bought one of those 3 prong folders you use for reports, put the articles in 8 1/2 x 11 page protectors, put the protectors in the folder (wanted them in a specific order) and then just slipped the entire folder in a 12x12 page protector. I put a thin piece of cardboard covered with patterned paper to match to put behind the folder in the page protector to keep it from being so "floppy".

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to lifethroughalens

I was thinking about suggesting just a 8 1/2" x 11" page protector - they're all over the place at office stores - but an envelope would hold more and have a little more stability. I think it would depend on how much stuff you want to put in it.

crichards1
Veteran
crichards1
In response to aquabunny

I was thinking about a page protector but didn't think it would be sturdy enough. I have one, so I'll try one and see before buying an envelope. Thanks for the input everyone.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics