Username Post: Project Life        (Topic#1586647)
charK
charK 
Mayor
charK
  • charK on 04-02-13 06:19 PM

Anyone else into Project Life scrapping?? I am so excited to get started. I have an album started for our trip to Disneyland in June!

I am a digital scrapper and am enjoying the touching of some paper again. (Don't tell my digi friends).

I just got my kit from HSN today. Becky Higgins is so cool!!!

What I am planning on using my kit for is all of my older photos since I quit paper scrapping. That will number in the thousands alone.

I think this is the perfect compliment to traditional and digital scrapping. Also hope it helps me feel more productive with my backlog of photos.

Is anyone interested in being in a Project Life group?

cescrapper
Expert
cescrapper
In response to charK

I did project life in two different years but i used my own supplies. Plus i'm happy to say that i stuck it out the whole year.

I also ordered the kit from HSN recently and am loving it. although i'm doing this kit my own way and not taking a photo everyday like I did the last couple of times.

I guess I'm doing PL outside the box.

I do like paper crafting Once in awhile i don't mind getting glue on my fingers.

I did digital scrapbooking once and yes, I had everyhing at my fingertips but i like to touch and feel the paper and embellishments and get glue on my fingers.

I wish there was a group

tanyaham
Guru
tanyaham
In response to cescrapper

I just started PL this year, and have fun lots of fun templates for digital pages printed to look like PL pages. Where do you print these, though? Do you have a wide format printer? I usually print my photos at Walgreens, and have never seen the option for 12x12....

Marigold
Resident
Marigold
In response to tanyaham

I also bought the Becky Higgins Project Life from HSN and started with our vacation from last year. I enjoy making my own Journal Cards and I like being able to scrap most of my pictures to tell the story.

cescrapper
Expert
cescrapper
In response to Marigold

I've been making my own journal cards as well.

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper
In response to tanyaham

• tanyaham Said:
I just started PL this year, and have fun lots of fun templates for digital pages printed to look like PL pages. Where do you print these, though? Do you have a wide format printer? I usually print my photos at Walgreens, and have never seen the option for 12x12....

Tanya, I print 12x12 by uploading to Persnickety Prints. The 12x12's are $1.99 each, and they do an awesome job.

charK
charK 
Mayor
charK
  • charK on 04-03-13 07:59 AM
In response to flintridgescrapper

I believe that the Project Life is different than the Project 365 where you took a photo everyday and the one where they did a week for a year.

To me this is about doing it your way and basically a new style of scrapping.

Lisa Bearnsen showed 3 different versions of the same page. First was just with the cards, 2nd was a few embellies added and 3rd was more embellies added to teh journaling cards.

That way you can use supplies you already have and incorporate them into your scrapping.

I am all for a Project Life thread!!

charK
charK 
Mayor
charK
  • charK on 04-03-13 08:00 AM
In response to charK

I have my 12 x 12 LO's printed at Costco!

Besneys
Guru
Besneys
In response to charK

I'm doing my own version of PL cos over here I didn't know where to get the journals. I used a ditto journal with extra photo pages but use the papers sometimes, like this week I'm celebrating my birthday so I'll put a couple of pages, but usually I use a double spread. they are only 8 x 8 so are easy to fill. Its my first time so I'm not as adventurous as some ..yet.

anne x

cescrapper
Expert
cescrapper
In response to Besneys

• Besneys Said:
I'm doing my own version of PL cos over here I didn't know where to get the journals. I used a ditto journal with extra photo pages but use the papers sometimes, like this week I'm celebrating my birthday so I'll put a couple of pages, but usually I use a double spread. they are only 8 x 8 so are easy to fill. Its my first time so I'm not as adventurous as some ..yet.

anne x

one day you'll be able to spread your wings and think outside the box. happy birthday

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to cescrapper

My box from HSN arrived on Monday. I'm working on 2 albums as we speak.

I'm using the Jade kit for 2012. And Blush for 2013.

So far, the 2012 album is going pretty quick. It's this years album that is taking a bit more thought.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics