Username Post: Check your Hobby Lobby        (Topic#1586693)
Resident

I went to Hobby Lobby today to get adhesive but found that they had just stocked the clearance shelves. Lots of little, yellow clearance tags!

I got five packs of brads for under $10.00, 2 packs of Wasabi tape (2 rolls in each pack) for $2.29 each pack, a pack of little ceramic tiles for $1.99 and a pack of travel tags for $1.00. Love the travel tags! Also a few packs of Disney Princess themed stickers for $1.99 each.

They also had some large wooden stamps originally $10-12 for $4.99 and a few Cricut carts for $19.99 and $24.99.

Happy Shopping!!

tavteach
Tenant
tavteach
In response to stvmom2

Thanks for sharing! I love that store! Tava
tinytreasuresbyt.blogspot.com

animemama
Veteran
animemama
In response to tavteach

We just got a Hobby Lobby in my part of town! I haven't been over to it, it's several miles away and I already have more stuff than I'm going to use in my lifetime probably, but I want to go check it out anyway.

scrapchica
Guru
scrapchica
In response to animemama

I love HL! (Un)fortunately I pass one everytime I go anywhere as just a quarter mile from my house. Makes it nice to just run out for 1 thing to use the coupon everyday. Managed to stay away for a week, but now I may need to make a stop tomorrow.... :-D

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to stvmom2

I love HL. It is 3 miles from my home that we just moved into. Mikes is across the street from them. an lss is 3 miles too. I love our new house. LOL
I checked out the clearance stuff a few days ago at HL. It was lots of stuff but not the same & not as cheap.

SherylEb
Idol
SherylEb
In response to anda11

Linda, where did you move to, heaven?

Sounds like it with all the great stores!

Ohio4HMom
Expert
Ohio4HMom
In response to anda11

• anda11 Said:
I love HL. It is 3 miles from my home that we just moved into. Mikes is across the street from them. an lss is 3 miles too. I love our new house. LOL
I checked out the clearance stuff a few days ago at HL. It was lots of stuff but not the same & not as cheap.

What City in Ohio has been turned into heaven that has a HL, a Mikes AND a LSS??????

I must move there!!!

dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch
In response to Ohio4HMom

Thanks for the heads up!

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to Ohio4HMom

• Ohio4HMom Said:
  • anda11 Said:

What City in Ohio has been turned into heaven that has a HL, a Mikes AND a LSS??????

I must move there!!!

WE moved to Grove City which is a suberb of Columbus. WE only lived 15 miles away in another suberb. Hilliard. My old subereb had 2 lss s at one time. Columbus had about 17 lss so I was always close to many. That was not counting Joanns, MIchaels, Hob lob or Archivers either.
Now there are about 3 or 4 lss. My new suberb had 2 for yrs.

Edited by anda11 on 04-07-13 07:16 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to anda11

No Hobby Lobby near me (none in the entire state).

SherylEb
Idol
SherylEb
In response to Bxr-Linda

• Bxr-Linda Said:

Definitely not heaven. Could be scrap he!! LOL

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to SherylEb

• SherylEb Said:
  • Bxr-Linda Said:

I totally agree about that. I really love my HL. I reaally love MIkes too. I really love Jos. I really love Archivers. I really love all the lss here. I love the site here too >
I love them all

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to SherylEb

• SherylEb Said:
  • Bxr-Linda Said:

Not really....
Honestly, I don't think I miss it.

Visited one, once last fall. Not terribly impressed.

I avoid Michaels. Between the ridiculous prices, inconsistent policies, and unhelpful staff, I'd rather spend my money elsewhere.

We do have several AWESOME, small, locally-owned stores. And, of course, scrapbook.com

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to Bxr-Linda

Yeah, I'm with Linda; by and large, I don't care for Hobby Lobby's stuff. I only go to Michael's when I "have" to, because it's a bit out of my way. Used to really like Joann's, but since the redesign a few months ago, the stock seems smaller and harder to navigate (and they haven't carried ATG refills in the store near me since then either). Archiver's is okay, but it's located at a notoriously difficult intersection to get through, it's difficult to get assistance from employees, and I have trouble finding the paper I want because for some things they sort by manaufacturer, and for other things by theme, and it's always a puzzle. (They do sell ATG refills, but at a base price of $12 instead of $10.)

The locally-owned store closed a few months ago, but I really didn't like it - the stock never refreshed, the owner didn't seem to have good business sense, the hours were terrible for anyone working a 9-5 job, and going in to grab 1 item either dragged you into a 15-minute conversation or got you stuck behind someone else's 15-minute conversation before you could check out (for similar reasons, a 3-hour class in which I was the only attendee ended up lasting 5 hours because she kept stepping away to talk to other people who came in - came in just to talk, not to shop).

...yeah, I pretty much just shop online anymore. Joann's is my most frequent brick-and-mortar shop, but let me put it this way - I got $35 in Joann's gift cards for Christmas, three and a half months ago, and I still haven't finished using them up (and some of what I spent them on wasn't even crafting stuff). I've been to Michael's only once since November, and that was for a sale on iTunes cards (they do have a great in-house knock-off of some Making Memories alphabet stickers I like, though, so I might be back). I've been to Hobby Lobby only twice in the past year - once last spring for an emergency ATG refill, and most recently in November, to pick up a gift for my mom at my dad's request - and I don't see myself going back.

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to aquabunny

Oh, add the decision to stay open on Thanksgiving, to a reason I dislike and avoid Michaels.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics