Username Post: Curious about something...        (Topic#1586697)
Vintageivy
Veteran
Vintageivy

I'm wondering if many scrapbookers keep a "regular" photo album with pictures that are worth keeping but just didn't make it into an official scrapbook. I have some small regular photo albums that I keeps pictures in that I didn't scrap but still want to save. Just curious about what others do??

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to Vintageivy

Not really....I have quite a few older photo albums from when I was a teen and in my twenties.
I am currently in the process of scanning those photos for safety and I will probably put the photos away somewhere for safekeeping....I won't keep those old albums.

When I scrap photos, I put a CD or DVD of photos from each year into the album in a pocket. Any of the photos I didn't scrap are on there but I don't print all my photos now....

Alison

kajunkat
Idol
kajunkat
In response to kiyawinn

I was wondering the same thing.. I have lots of albums and dont know what to do with them. Leave them like they are.... are try to scrap. But I guess I do need to scan and save to CD also like kiyawin.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to kajunkat

I don't have any photo albums. Old - pre-scrapooking stuff is in a box and will probably never be looked at again.

SJB1120
Expert
SJB1120
In response to Henri Jean

I have photo albums of all my trips abroad that include everything! This is primarily for my mom and family so if they ask to see the trip right away they don't have to wait months for me to finish scrapping them. It is sometimes redundant but I figure it doesn't hurt to have them!

-Stephanie

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to SJB1120

Kind of, I use the WeR divided page protectors in my albums where I photos that are un-scrap worthy but that I still want to show off. I can still add some journaling mats and embellies but don't have to get super fancy.

crichards1
Veteran
crichards1
In response to MrsAnnieS

I do keep a photo album. It's a K & Co with acid free pages. I love the idea of what Alison does.

Guru
In response to crichards1

I use these page protectors along with the other similar protectors that they make.

http://store.scrapbook.com/wr-50072-8.html

That allows me to display photos without scrapping all of them, including scrapbook worthy photos. I started using them when I was working ony honeymoon album. If I scrapbooked every photo then my album would be twice or even three times the size it is now. It also helps takes the pressure off of actually putting all the pictures on pages and I can still have the photos in the album like I want.

Mia1979
Diva
Mia1979
In response to ihacodb

No but I have a box full of photos that I pull from, from time to time.

wilbur
wilbur 
Expert
wilbur
In response to ihacodb

[quote=ihacodb]I use these page protectors along with the other similar protectors that they make.

http://store.scrapbook.com/wr-50072-8.html

That allows me to display photos without scrapping all of them, including scrapbook worthy photos. I started using them when I was working ony honeymoon album. If I scrapbooked every photo then my album would be twice or even three times the size it is now. It also helps takes the pressure off of actually putting all the pictures on pages and I can still have the photos in the album like I want.

THis is what I do. Put pictures in the pockets so at least they are in the album. Some of my older photos are in boxes but I want to put them in albums not scrapped but the plain pages. I usually stick in a journalizing note, nothing fancy, mostly the date and a few other notes. I just don't have time to scrap everything - but I want to!!!

animemama
Veteran
animemama
In response to wilbur

I keep the pictures in a regular photo album before I scrap them, but just put the leftovers in a box when I'm done with the layout. That's a good idea to put regular photo album pages in the scrapbook album, to display the pictures you don't use. And then if you decide to do another layout with the leftovers, like a year-end summary layout, they're right there and easy to find.

olleharr
Mayor
olleharr
In response to animemama

I have tons of those photos, just too many to scrap. I don't keep them in a photo album though. I use photo boxes and have them all filed nice and neat by subject and year. They're all ready to pass on to my daughters some day along with the scrapbooks I make.

scrapchica
Guru
scrapchica
In response to olleharr

I don't have other albums. I make the scrapbook my album as opposed to only dressing up 1 or 2 photos.

TheCharmedOne
Pro
TheCharmedOne
In response to scrapchica

I keep all the photo's that I dont use in Scrapalbums in envelopes and put them in a box. I have one for both me kids. And one for the other photos. The rest are mostly digital and printed when needed. I do put those on SD cards so I wont lose them when I have to format the hard disk...

cindy312
Diva
cindy312
In response to TheCharmedOne

Nope! I have some from back in the 80's, but everything since then is scrapbooked in some form or another.

Diva
In response to cindy312

I keep them in photo safe plastic boxes so I can see them if I want to do something else. Very useful like for Christmas gifts ( photo coasters, photo frames, etc.)

justartguy007
Pro
justartguy007
In response to bayamonesa1

I'm in the process of doing three heritage albums each of my grandparents and their families. What I don't put in the scrapbooks. I either put in a photo album. Some of the photos I inhirted from my family. I bought a Cropper Hopper Photo Box and just put all the photos in there for safe keeping. Until I decide I want to scrap a photo. I might buy another Cropper Hopper Photo Box to store more photos. We have so many photos and since both of my grandmothers went into nursing homes. My parents inhirted most if not all there family photos. Since there brothers and sister don't seem to really want to look through the pictures. My parents decided to give me the photos since they know. I'll take good care of them.

I even redid my old baby boook and just did a little bit of scrapbooking but tried to keep it simply. I showed my mother and she really like how I put some of the bigger 8.5x10 pictures of me in the album. Since those pictures were either behind other picture or put in a box with other photos.

Justie

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to justartguy007

Before I started scrapping I was pretty good about putting current photos in albums when the kids were little. My favorite or the "better" photos were put in nicer albums and the rest of the photos were put in those magnetic albums (mistake). Anyway now I find a lot of the photos I'd put in the lesser albums are pretty cute...and I do scrap some of them. Nowadays with digital cameras and my own printer I only print up my favorites and pics not scrapped are all in boxes....and I hate to admit..not very well organized.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to Vintageivy

I started scrapping when I was a kid. It was never photos. Just memorabilia....greeting cards, trip stuff, postcards etc. In those albums with manilla pages. My mom had the pics.
After I married I never had photo albums. I kept my family pics in photo boxes. Memorabila & kids stuff went in boxes. My mom had all my stuff.
I found this scrapbooking in 97. I was SMITTEN.
I am a person who scraps every picture. & stuff. Since I lost my parents & aunts... I had most of their stuff & photo albums & pictures in boxes.
I am the LUCKY PERSON who gets to scrap all of their heritage & reg pics & stuff from all of them. I also do genealogy.
I removed the pics from the albums over the yrs cause they were unsafe. They are all in boxes till I scrap them.
I am going to scrap all of these pics too.
My albums are the storage place for my pics & stuff.
I fully realize that I will not get this done. lol I enjoy every minute of doing it.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics