Page 2 of 502 
Username Post: PDF Part Deux        (Topic#1586731)
chocolateaxel
Diva
chocolateaxel
In response to SherylEb

Night, Terri and Gin! Sleep well!
Am I the only one that finds it funny that the peeps that don't have to get up before the crack of stupid for work are the first ones to bed? And the one (pointing at self) that gets up before the crack even thinks of being stupid is one of the last ones to bed? Just saying..............lol!

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 04-04-13 07:58 PM
In response to chocolateaxel

I was just thinking the same thing Darla! LOL. We just got home a few minutes ago and I rush straight to the computer to catch up on a real screen. Hubs goes straight to bed. I really should go to bed too... I'm so exhausted. Tonight was fun... I'm glad I didn't totally miss the turning of the 2nd age

chocolateaxel
Diva
chocolateaxel
In response to Vae

I'm glad you had a fun evening! You deserve it since you survived the cooties!
I suppose the party is over now though, so I guess I better take myself to dreamland, I am so freaking glad tomorrow is Friday!!

SherylEb
Idol
SherylEb

Ok, now I'm double mad and ready to curse. durn it! I wrote 2 good funny emails and they disappeared when I hit the add button. I'm going to bed!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

We set the glitter bombs at Judy's on a timing device. We didn't want to be there when they exploded. I would be more glittered than I am every Christmas season after addressing Hallmark Christmas cards.

And why is it when you get a piece of glitter on your face it twinkles for days or weeks. You can wash your hair and face and take showers - there are always a few pieces of glitter on your face. I think I wear a stray piece of glitter from one Christmas season to the next. I didn't now want to be around when those bombs went off.

Did they go off yet Judy???? We haven't heard from you lately. I hope you didn't get hurt in the glitter bomb explosions.

Sorry if we left Segway wheelies in your driveway too. The big treadmarks are from the tank - we didn't make those.

We are innocent.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Henri Jean

I hate it when that happens Sheryl. We are in a different hotel every night and computer speed is different so when I hit send, I don't know where it is going to land, or if it will just fly around in cyberspace forever. So frustrating.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 04-04-13 09:02 PM

Oh Sheryl!!! I forgot... you had asked if anyone saw any of the Heidi swapp page protectors and I t think I did see some but then I couldn't remember what you were asking. I took a pic though

SJB1120
Expert
SJB1120
In response to Vae

Now it's so quiet...we should change that ASAP!!!

-Stephanie

tanyaham
Guru
tanyaham
In response to SJB1120

Good morning, All!

I caught up reading ... as far as I know, the PDKK is happening on the 20th, and we're meeting at Demo Day at ?? time ... then maybe shopping or lunch ... after that, it's a mystery. Let's figure this stuff out, peeps!!! Especially if I need to clean my house or wash the dogs or something ... y'all know I need time to plan, and make lists, and get everything done, right?!?!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to tanyaham

It wasn't my fault Judy. Somebody on here made me do it but I'm not squealing or telling names. I was forced to place those glitter bombs. I never would have done it if "they" hadn't made me.

This group can be a bad influence.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Hi Stephanie - I'm up very early this morning. Woke up at 6:30 smelling an awful odor when I pulled the blanket up and I immediately jumped out of bed. Bill asked asked why I got out of bed so quickly and so early and I told him the blanket or carpet or something stinks.

He's pulled up blankets and smelled around and can't find any odor. I told him I sleep in hotels with him constantly - hundreds probably over the past few years and I've never complained about an odor and I'm not getting back in this bed.

He smelled everywhere and tried to find it and said he didn't think there was an odor - I needed to pinpoint it and I told him I was not going looking for it. While he was waving the cover around I started smelling it a bit while sitting at the computer desk near the bed but he still can't smell it.

He's been a little feverish for two nights in a row (Tylenol broke the fever) and has had a bit of congestion so he's been taking Mucinex so his sinues never infected like mine did. I think it's affecting his smeller.

He said he would see about getting money back for last night and a fresh room tonight.

A really repulsive odor. He asked if maybe it was all the antibiotics and medicines I've been taking and "no - that is not it".

There is an odor in this room around my side of the bed. I want a different room. I'm not usually pushy and insistant like this but he knows he'd better get me a different room tonight.

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K

Hey all!! Morning! It is FRIDAY!

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to Manda_K

Bad influence??! Whachoo talkin' 'bout Willis?

chocolateaxel
Diva
chocolateaxel
In response to Manda_K

Good morning, y'all! And an extremely Happy Friday!!! For a 4 day week, this has really seemed like a long one! Maybe because it has been so busy and I've been so tired.
It was really weird coming in here this morning and not having several pages of posts to catch up on, we've gotta get this party started!
My foundation people are coming this afternoon, I'll find out if they need or can do any adjustments, depending on what they say I'm planning on going floor shopping tomorrow. I'm so ready to have my house back to normal and not be walking on concrete. Then the rest of the weekend is mine, all mine! I have a few things I've got to take care of for PFP, but those won't take long and then I'm going to play. I've got an idea bouncing around in my head for Ms Sheryl's journal, and I need to come up with an idea for this month's altered book for the swap at Paper Crown. The theme is birds, and I've sort of got an idea but it isn't quite coming together in my head. I just need to play around with it and see what happens.
Hope everybody is kicking the cooties and feeling better. Y'all have a great day!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Manda_K

Oh Good, Manda is up! Someone to talk to! I don't think Stephanie is here anymore!

I didn't name any names. I don't tattle!

You made me laugh really hard - I had forgotten about Arnold! Good memory for old tv shows! And you did that phonetically perfect, I can hear him say it and I can see that look on his face whenever he said it.

But I didn't name even one name to Judy.

SJB1120
Expert
SJB1120

I'm here I'm here!!!

Henri that is AWFUL! Is it possible that it was coming in from the vents? I hate when you can smell something and no one else can. I have a hypersensitivity to sulfur and if anyone opens certain acids near me I instantly have a breathing attack and pass out. No idea what it is and the doctor told me it's impossible to test for this kind of allergy, so I just tell everyone I work with to warn me before opening something. I almost couldn't do my Chemistry major because of it, I couldn't be in the lab for 3 weeks! Luckily my professors were amazing and understood.

But back to your odor problems, I'd check in between the mattress too. I hope there's no dead body somewhere...

-Stephanie

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Darla is up too! Didn't realize this was such an early bunch but that's good. Makes me feel like I'm not talking to myself. Or not more than usual anyway.

Shopping for new flooring sounds like fun Darla. Sound like progress is being made. Are you going for carpet, hardwoods, tile or other flooring?

New flooring can often mean new paint and then new bedspreads and new drapes. It can bring about a whole decorating make-over.

We have a place in our kitchen floor that is ruined from the refrigerater water line bursting and we were out of town. The hardwood floor needs to be replaced but I want to go with tile. And of course the dining room floor needs to be replaced to match. I have one of those older style 80's ranch homes and the kitchen is on one end with a door to the garage. The kitchen and the eat-in area and the big dining room with our formal set is really one big room and it isn't particularly attractive. But was how they built them then.

It is a huge rectangular room with kitchen in one end, big dining room at the other and place for small dining set in between them. The only divider is the kitchen cabinets with no overhead cabinets so it is actually one room.

My way would turn the larger area in kitchen and elimanate the space in the middle for the little set.

WHile we are at it, the refrigerator door blocks the double-door bi-fold pantry so I can't get in the pantry when the refrigerator door is open. That needs to be reworked. I'd like the pantry backup up a bit and enlarged when we do the floor although it will take up some garage space - I want a walk-in pantry with a single door.

ALso, our dining room has triple french-type door outside and I want to remove on of the doors and move some of the kitchen counters that way to get which will absorb my eat in breakfast room and then add a sunroom and put our eat-in area in the sunroom. And I want to add cabintry to the center of my kitchen with a place to eat.

The problem that bothers me the most is that previous homeowners did a lot of do-it-yourself projects. THey did the hardwood floors in the kitchen and dining room and did put it in very poorly. There are gaps where the boards are end to end that are over 1" wide. At least 3 or 4 places like that. Some I can cover up with furniture or throw rugs but not all of them.

Also, the decided to put brick veneer all over the the kitchen wall which is actually kind of cool but they didn't know what they are doing and it is crooked. Then they got ugly ugly ugly plug appliance cover that are huge and are in the brick and morter and they are so crooked they just jump out at you.

So the entire brick on the wall needs to go. The brick is nice but you can see it running very crooked where it meets the bottom of the counters and they tried to compensate for the crooked bricks by putting in the plug covers crooked the other way and using a lot of plaster around them to make them look even more crooked. They cut holes in the brick way to big for the covers. That needs to be taken care of when we put in the new floors.

And, I hate the kitchen cabinets - really cheapo and they painted the insides themselves at some point and it is flaking and peeling and inside.

Then the ugly formica countertops have to go. I can live with formica, but not that color. Its kind of a pinky-orange. Bill says when we to remodel the kitchen we will put in granite counter tops most likely.

It will probably be 2020 or 2025 before we fix the kitchen floor. I've scared my husband too badly to do it anytime soon. Truthfully - do I think I will get all the stuff I want in my kitchen, dining and a sunroom added? Not likely but I can dream.

But you see what I mean, one project leads to another!

SJB1120
Expert
SJB1120

It's like "If you Give a Mouse a Cookie"!!!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to SJB1120

You are funny Stephanie! I haven't heard that expression before.

Could be the vents - altogether possile but I got the strong smell when I pulled up the blankets.

THen again, probably not the vents because each room has its own air conditioner unit so there really aren't connecting vents.

Bill usually has the stronger sniffer and constantly asks me, "Do you smell this" or "do you small that?" Today though, he's a bit stuffy (although doing very well this morning), he's still most likely a bit off.

Just checked the bathroom for a vent and there is only a grate for the exhaust fan so I don't think that is it and the bathroom smells very clean so I think it is coming from the bed area or carpet.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

You sound like me Tanya - I need an excuse to clean my house!

Page 2 of 502 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics