Username Post: PDF Part Deux        (Topic#1586731)
terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to chocolateaxel

Jarvae- I am really hoping it is allergies but since I feel yucky, I am afraid it is a cold.

I haven't heard of that movie Darla--

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 04-09-13 06:03 PM
In response to terrihooper

Hope it passes quickly Terri. You said you take the zicam right? That should help it pass quicker. Don't forget the airborne... that stuff works wonders!

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to Vae

I've never used Airborne-- I will have to get some and try it, and yes I take Zicam--

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to Vae

Oh my goodness, it is such a tearjerker movie! When I was in my early teens, my mom and I went through a rough patch as most mothers and daughters do, and she made me watch it. I was fine until the very end, then I boohooed. Every time I've watched it since them I cry earlier and earlier in the movie. It's to the point now that I start bawling up during the opening credits, lol!

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 04-09-13 06:10 PM

I hope I can remember all these movies later when I have time to actually find them and rent them. I wanna see them all!!!

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 04-09-13 06:12 PM
In response to Vae

Terri Airborne is an effervescent tablet that you put in water and it fizzes like alka seltzer, but it has mass doses of vitamins. I take it all the time when I travel and it helps me fight colds. I swear, every class I teach, someone comes sick and i have to touch their keyboards. It's a wonder I'm not sick all the time.

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to Vae

• Jarvae Said:
Terri Airborne is an effervescent tablet that you put in water and it fizzes like alka seltzer, but it has mass doses of vitamins. I take it all the time when I travel and it helps me fight colds. I swear, every class I teach, someone comes sick and i have to touch their keyboards. It's a wonder I'm not sick all the time.

I was in education for 30 years so I know what you mean!
I will get some airborne tomorrow and give it a whirl-- Extra vitamins never hurt!

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper

Terri, hope you feel better!

Thanks for all the sweet comments! I try to make my cards to suit the person, and since I knew she liked steampunk, I wanted to try it. I'd never done anything like that before. I had gears cut & everything....it just wasn't happening. I just couldn't make it jive! So she didn't get a steampunk card, LOL!

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to flintridgescrapper

Judy- it is hard to "make" things work, isn't it! For me it is either going to or not. I can try but I am never happy with it if I try to force it!

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel

I'm the same way, Judy, I like to tailor a card to suit the person, but there are times it just isn't meant to be. I think even though it isn't steampunk, it suits Jarvae well because of the colors you chose. Great choices!

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper

Yeah, there's nothing wrong with that style, but it's just not me. I tried real hard and got REAL frustrated before I gave up.

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel

LOL! I hear ya, I love steampunk, but I can't make it work on a card or layout to save my neck! The only way I managed the steampunk heart I made was because it was in a class, lol!

gin1902
Diva
gin1902

Too funny, I tried to make Jarvae a Steampunk card too a while back, and it wasn't working for me either. But as soon as I gave up on that, things really jelled. That's just too funny.

Jimmy Stewart is in the second Thin Man. Love seeing all the famous actors when they're first starting out.

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to gin1902

Did you make the card that you sent her, Gin? If so, one of y'all needs to post a pic, please!

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 04-09-13 07:03 PM

Gin, did you take a pic of it before you mailed it? If not... I did

Steampunk is pretty hard for me as well. It took me a long time before I was able to make anything remotely steampunk. I think that Wicked card I made a while back was probably the only thing I did that kind of pulled it off. But I keep trying!

Judy, I love the card...the kraft paper and the stamping and the awesome rose. Did you make that flower??? If so, how? It was perfect!!

Edited by Jarvae on 04-09-13 07:05 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel

Okay, y'all, I'm going to try again to make it to sleep earlier tonight, lol! Hope everyone has a great night, if ya got da cooties get better soon, if ya getting over da cooties yay!
By the way, Anne, so so sorry I missed your birthday! Hope you had a great day!
Nighters!

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper

i am turning in as well in hopes the antihistamine fairies will come in the night!

gin1902
Diva
gin1902
In response to Vae

Steampunk is hard to do! You'd think you could just slap some gears on something and you're good to go, but it's sort of got a "feel" to it.

And just to go on more about the Thin Man movies, if there's anybody not bored to tears yet, they've got servants and tons of wait people. I can't imagine it was that way in real life, but there are operators on the phones, people whose sole job is to bring extra keys to rooms, nurses, porters, people who bring drinks-other ones who bring food. It's kind of funny. And did I mention her gowns?

gin1902
Diva
gin1902
In response to gin1902

I think I have a picture, I'll put it in my gallery. I'm not sure how much credit I ought to actually take-the paper folding part I had in some stationary and I just sort of added on top-LOL. But it was very fun.

I'm crashing early too-I'll put the card in my gallery tomorrow and I'll see you guys tomorrow. Everybody get feeling better! And quick!

SherylEb
Idol
SherylEb
In response to gin1902

Darla, these sad movies are NOT helping your life frustration. You need to watch something funny. Bridesmaids is my favorite laugh all the time movie. I like the Proposal too. The Indian dance scene with Betty White is my fav. We do that part at work all the time.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics